New Members introduce yourself here.

Introduce yourself here. Post birthdays and photos.

Re: New Members introduce yourself here.

Postby Donnaspongebob » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey Paul, I'm pretty much the same as you.....well im not a busker!!!
Hi everyone, I'm Donna. I live in England in. Town called Hemel Hempstead! Been a Queen fan since I was 13 in 1984. I too joined the fan club but only for a year (no idea why). I went to the convention in 1992 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was lucky enough to go to the Freddie Tribute concert on my 21st birthday. My one regret is I never went to the knebworth gig but I was a bit young and didn't really know the people going (little shy old me!). I saw the Cross at the Marquee which was awesome, Roger is my fav after all. Really looking forward to the O2 next year. So hey, that is me :-)

Donnaspongebob
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lino » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm

OMG wrote:Hi, im a new member from Monteraux, a ballet dancer guy, my best friend is JLP. :lol:

he's back :shock:
hello all young people :)
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Dario Western » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi,

I'm Dario, 43 years young and I live in Brisbane in Australia. I've been a fan of Queen since around 1975 when I first saw the video for "Bohemian Rhapsody" on Top of the Pops.

I am also a musician and have done "Tie Your Mother Down" at a couple of my gigs. :)

Dario Western
Spread Your Wings

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Howdy folks........not really a new member, as I have been here for a few months, but not really posted much.......some might know me from Queenzone.com...........

anyway, I'm 37, from Michigan.........Queen fan since early 90s.........

also, I am solidly in the 'pro-Adam' camp, having seen him with Queen back in July.....and now have quite a collection of Q+AL bootlegs, at that........:)

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby ThunderCelt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello, I'm a long time lurker but only recently registered. My sister is also a member here, and I can claim my good influence led to her liking Queen. She hasn't told me her user name - I guess I'll find out when I'm cyber-bullied ;)

I'm in Swindon, and have been a fan since the late seventies. I prefer the rockier songs; my favourite is Fat Bottomed Girls, and my favourite album is Queen II. I saw Queen twice: once at Wembley Arena during The Game tour, and then Milton Keynes which became 'Live at the Bowl'.

ThunderCelt
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lino » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:02 am

so jealous! I just saw the Queen+PR in Lisbon, and what fun! Have a good time :)
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Altaria » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:26 am

I'm Pim, I'm 20 years old, live in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and I'm a Queen fan for, well, I guess about 6-7 years now. As a kid, I always hated music, I only got in touch with crappy pop and rap. Then, I got on the internet and found out about Queen.

Other bands I like: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, The Cure, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Coldplay (before they went all commercial in the '10s).

Some Queen opinions I have:

- Favourite songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, You Take My Breath Away, A Winter's Tale, White Queen, Lily Of The Valley, Seven Seas Of Rhye, Don't Try So Hard, Mother Love, Bijou, Death On Two Legs, Killer Queen and Don't Stop Me Now.

- I have mixed feelings on the Paul Rodgers vs. Adam Lambert vs. Queen should've quit debate. On one hand, I once thought "if they wanted to continue, Brian May should've done the singing, even though he has a very different voice than Freddie Mercury, at least he's a Queen member from the start." But on the other hand, plenty of bands change their members sometimes, and if Brian May and Roger Taylor still enjoy performing, there's no harm in that. Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert will never be allowed to even stand in Freddie's shadow, and will never even come remotely close to his amazing awesomeness. But by still performing, the band is being kept alive, and when young Adam Lambert fangirls get into Queen and also end up hearing the songs done by Freddie, that's an amazing thing. I think Paul Rodgers was a disgrace. He's not a bad singer, but his voice just doesn't fit Queen. Maybe it's also because he was the first one to replace Freddie (not counting one-time cooperations like the Freddie Mercury tribute concert), and there was no way he could really do it right, having to fill a giant hole left by Freddie's death. But Rodgers and Queen just doesn't feel like a good match to me. Adam Lambert comes much closer to the kind of frontman Queen should be looking for. Of course he's no Freddie, but at least he fits the band better than Rodgers. But having to succeed Paul Rodgers is way easier than succeeding Freddie Mercury, but still, I think Lambert is way better for the band than Rodgers. So at this moment, I'm pretty satisfied with Adam Lambert. I don't really see any better options at this moment.
Last edited by Altaria on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altaria
Spread Your Wings

My Fairy King

Postby icy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:55 am

Altaria wrote:I'm Pim, I'm 20 years old, live in Eindhoven (the Netherlands) and I'm a Queen fan for, well, I guess about 6-7 years now. As a kid, I always hated music, I only got in touch with crappy pop and rap. Then, I got on the internet and found out about Queen.

Other bands I like: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, The Cure, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Coldplay (before they went all commercial in the '10s).

Some Queen opinions I have:

- Favourite songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, You Take My Breath Away, A Winter's Tale, White Queen, Lily Of The Valley, Don't Try So Hard, Mother Love, Death On Two Legs, Killer Queen and Don't Stop Me Now.

- I have mixed feelings on the Paul Rodgers vs. Adam Lambert vs. Queen should've quit debate. On one hand, I once thought "if they wanted to continue, Brian May should've done the singing, even though he has a very different voice than Freddie Mercury, at least he's a Queen member from the start." But on the other hand, plenty of bands change their members sometimes, and if Brian May and Roger Taylor still enjoy performing, there's no harm in that. Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert will never be allowed to even stand in Freddie's shadow, and will never even come remotely close to his amazing awesomeness. But by still performing, the band is being kept alive, and when young Adam Lambert fangirls get into Queen and also end up hearing the songs done by Freddie, that's an amazing thing. I think Paul Rodgers was a disgrace. He's not a bad singer, but his voice just doesn't fit Queen. Maybe it's also because he was the first one to replace Freddie (not counting one-time cooperations like the Freddie Mercury tribute concert), and there was no way he could really do it right, having to fill a giant hole left by Freddie's death. But Rodgers and Queen just doesn't feel like a good match to me. Adam Lambert comes much closer to the kind of frontman Queen should be looking for. Of course he's no Freddie, but at least he fits the band better than Rodgers. But having to succeed Paul Rodgers is way easier than succeeding Freddie Mercury, but still, I think Lambert is way better for the band than Rodgers. So at this moment, I'm pretty satisfied with Adam Lambert. I don't really see any better options at this moment.

Welcome to the boards. :)
I look forward to reading/discussing things with you.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Virgine » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Paul welcome to the boards, see you in the topic of Foreign Sands :D
Inside my heart is breaking
My make -up will be flaking
But my smile still stays on

Virgine
Spread Your Wings

Postby Altaria » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 pm

@icy, thanks! If you'd like to respond to anything I said, feel free to message me anytime!

@Virgine, it's Pim, not Paul, but thanks anyways! I indeed posted there, saw you started the topic and sent you a friend request.

So far, the forum seems really nice. I won't be able to check in every day, because I'm sometimes busy, but I'll try checking the forum at least twice a week, if not more often. I think I'll fit in here nicely!

Altaria
Spread Your Wings

My Fairy King

Postby LotusSkye » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 pm

I just wanted to give a quick hello. I've lurked here off and on for a while and finally decided to register. I have been a Queen fan since the age of 11 when The Game was released. I hope to meet some of you around the boards!
Spread out your wings you are an angel

LotusSkye
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:11 am

LotusSkye wrote:I just wanted to give a quick hello. I've lurked here off and on for a while and finally decided to register. I have been a Queen fan since the age of 11 when The Game was released. I hope to meet some of you around the boards!

Welcome to QOL :)
Adore the username :)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby LotusSkye » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 am

Thank you, Icy! :D
Spread out your wings you are an angel

LotusSkye
Spread Your Wings

Postby turquoise » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 am

Hi you all. :)

I've already posted a few times but now that I noticed this thread here ( :D ) I just wanted to say hello!

I'm 25 years old, from Finland. I have not listened to Queen very long, I discovered their music properly about 18 months ago and just fell in love with it! Usually my taste in music is quite poppy and still is to some degree but a couple of years ago got a bit tired of the latest hits and was in search of something else for a change... :D I saw that Q+AL collaboration once during the European tour and enjoyed it, I'm glad that I went.

After lurking for a while I thought I would register and see what it's like here.

Cheers, see you around here. :)

turquoise
Spread Your Wings

Postby Altaria » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:58 am

turquoise wrote:Hi you all. :)

I've already posted a few times but now that I noticed this thread here ( :D ) I just wanted to say hello!

I'm 25 years old, from Finland. I have not listened to Queen very long, I discovered their music properly about 18 months ago and just fell in love with it! Usually my taste in music is quite poppy and still is to some degree but a couple of years ago got a bit tired of the latest hits and was in search of something else for a change... :D I saw that Q+AL collaboration once during the European tour and enjoyed it, I'm glad that I went.

After lurking for a while I thought I would register and see what it's like here.

Cheers, see you around here. :)

Welcome to the forum! Well, with the awesomeness of Queen, you've got something to enjoy for the rest of your life! If you have any questions or are in need of a friend to talk to, don't hesitate about messaging me!

Altaria
Spread Your Wings

My Fairy King

PreviousNext

Return to Good Company