Better late than never

Introduce yourself here. Post birthdays and photos.

Better late than never

Postby OperaNight » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 am

Hey all!

For much of my adult life, I've considered myself to have a pretty good taste in music. Until I discovered something was drastically missing from said taste. I had been lukewarm on Queen for ages, only really liking Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are The Champions and not knowing much else outside of those two and a handful of others. My young self was not kind in my assessment of Queen, an assessment I've come to not only revise but flip 180 degrees.

Just a few weeks ago, I went to the symphony to see a family member play in the orchestra for the Music of Queen. Being the classical music snob I (sort of) am, I was not excited, but I went along with it anyway. It featured the orchestra, a band, and a very talented tribute singer. I sat through the concert, hearing these songs I had heard before on the radio and enjoyed without realizing they were by Queen... they were all by Queen. Diverse catalogue! And the vocal lines and guitar melodies of these tunes were incredible, so the original must be better, right?

I returned home and pulled up Spotify's Queen playlist and went down the rabbit hole from there. Abashed at my original indifference to Queen, I am now truly and crazily hooked on the band. I love artists that excel in a variety of genres and song styles, and I'm a sucker for a powerful voice. I'm going through kind of a weird transitional time in my life, trying to adjust moving back home after a disastrous foray east and getting sober, and Queen has been a tremendous help in keeping me both upbeat and confident looking to the days ahead.

I decided to join this forum so that I wouldn't annoy friends and family further by continuing to blather on to them about how amazing the album transition between The Prophet's Song and Love of my Life is or random trivia factoids I've been picking up about the quartet.

So hi, everybody! Excited to share all my favorites and insights with you.
You can reduce me to tears with a single sigh

OperaNight
Spread Your Wings

Re: Better late than never

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Welcome
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Return to Good Company