The Alternate Football Thread.

Discuss any aspects of sports here.

The Alternate Football Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm

The fixtures are out tomorrow morning. The Carling Cup 1st Round draw was made today. The Premier League released a list of free agents today with some ery big names on it. Before we know it, the new season will be here.

Time for a new thread I suppose.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

JLP wrote:The fixtures are out tomorrow morning. The Carling Cup 1st Round draw was made today. The Premier League released a list of free agents today with some ery big names on it. Before we know it, the new season will be here.

Time for a new thread I suppose.

A couple of tasty little ties were thrown up, Notts Forest v Notts County & Ledds v Bradford.

Rochdale v Chesterfield
Port Vale v Huddersfield
Rotherham v Leicester
Hull v Macclesfield
Hartlepool v Sheffield United
Leeds v Bradford
Doncaster v Tranmere
Walsall v Middlesbrough
Barnsley v Morecambe
Accrington v Scunthorpe
Derby v Shrewsbury
Oldham v Carlisle
Bury v Coventry
Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool
Burnley v Burton
Preston v Crewe
Nottingham Forest v Notts County
Brighton v Gillingham
AFC Bournemouth v Dagenham & Redbridge
Ipswich v Northampton
Cheltenham v MK Dons
Bristol Rovers v Watford
Plymouth v Millwall
Oxford v Cardiff
West Ham v Aldershot
Southampton v Torquay
Charlton v Reading
Portsmouth v Barnet
Stevenage v Peterborough
Southend v Leyton Orient
Wycombe v Colchester
Hereford v Brentford
Exeter v Yeovil
Bristol City v Swindon
Crystal Palace v Crawley/AFC Wimbledon

(All ties will be played during the week commencing Aug 8).
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4350
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Two sharp pencils » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 am

SoN
the Happy Hammers start against Cardiff & finish off the season against Hull (hopefully back in the premier by then)
 
Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:24 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby JLP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 am

This gives a nice detailed insight on how pitches are upgraded and or repaired during the close season.

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDet ... 17,00.html
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby lord of all darkness » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:17 am

JLP wrote:This gives a nice detailed insight on how pitches are upgraded and or repaired during the close season.

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDet ... 17,00.html


http://www.watching-grass-grow.com/
BAN them!
 
lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

      
 
Posts: 553
Images: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia = where it's warm and sunny.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby mikespit » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 am

Meanwhile, DownUnder, another footy season is hotting up..... bring on those Tigers this weekend!

Easily the most exciting game this season!! Almost as good as when the Bombers came from behind to beat the stinky Magpies in the 2007 Anzac Day Clash!

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Bom ... t-win/8337
 
mikespit
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Cool Cat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Casualties in Dutch FC Twente Stadium Roof Collapse :shock:

Part of a stadium roof has collapsed in the Dutch city of Enschede, killing one person and injuring more than a dozen.
The accident happened during building work at the ground of top Dutch football team FC Twente. The victims are thought to be construction workers.
Image
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4350
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Cool Cat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:25 pm

JLP wrote:Hull and Barnsley were due to play Feyenoord in pre season friendlies but both games have been cancelled due to the threat of large scale disorder. :shock:

What does that mean? fan protests ?
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4350
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby JLP » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Cool Cat wrote:
JLP wrote:Hull and Barnsley were due to play Feyenoord in pre season friendlies but both games have been cancelled due to the threat of large scale disorder. :shock:

What does that mean? fan protests ?


more like trouble from Feyenoord fans. Nothing amiss at Hull to cause protests.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Cool Cat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Cool Cat wrote:Casualties in Dutch FC Twente Stadium Roof Collapse :shock:

Part of a stadium roof has collapsed in the Dutch city of Enschede, killing one person and injuring more than a dozen.
The accident happened during building work at the ground of top Dutch football team FC Twente. The victims are thought to be construction workers.
Image

A second worker hurt in the collapse died this morning :(
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4350
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Virgine » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:43 pm

JLP wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
JLP wrote:Hull and Barnsley were due to play Feyenoord in pre season friendlies but both games have been cancelled due to the threat of large scale disorder. :shock:

What does that mean? fan protests ?


more like trouble from Feyenoord fans. Nothing amiss at Hull to cause protests.

I had plans to go :cry: :red:
Inside my heart is breaking
My make -up will be flaking
But my smile still stays on
 
Virgine
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby JLP » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Virgine wrote:
JLP wrote:
more like trouble from Feyenoord fans. Nothing amiss at Hull to cause protests.

I had plans to go :cry: :red:


Pity, it would have been nice to meet pre game. I really don't know why the games have been cancelled. I can only presume as it is both games, the problem is at Feyenoord's end. Of course that does not mean all travelling fans would have caused problems.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby JLP » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Leicester are certainly going for it this season. Just signed Konchesky and are after Owen Hargreaves too.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10208
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Cool Cat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

JLP wrote:Leicester are certainly going for it this season. Just signed Konchesky and are after Owen Hargreaves too.

Thought Hargreaves was going to West Brom :?
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4350
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: 2011-2012 Football Season.

Postby Guru » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:15 am

Cool Cat wrote:
JLP wrote:Leicester are certainly going for it this season. Just signed Konchesky and are after Owen Hargreaves too.

Thought Hargreaves was going to West Brom :?


He broke down on the way...
Image
 
Guru
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Erehwon

      
 
Posts: 1000
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Next

Return to The Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest