Formula One - 2012 Season

Discuss any aspects of sports here.

Re: Formula One - 2012 Season

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Maldonado heads Rosberg and Vettel in P2. Schumi had a crash in the last couple of minutes of the session.

The Sixpence

Postby The Sixpence » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:29 am

Alonso fastest from Hamilton and Perez in P3.

Also, good news about the Marussia test driver:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18937315

The Sixpence

Postby The Sixpence » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Alonso looking good again this weekend - Pole Position, from Vettel, Webber and Schumi. Shame it's likely to be a dry race tomorrow.

The Sixpence

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:14 am

Looks like Red Bull have been pushing the rules a little hard:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18943608

If found guilty, it means the McLarens will be moving up to 4th and 5th on the grid and they seem fairly confident with pace if the race stays dry...
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:05 am

No action. :(
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 am

Don't understand how they have got away with it - the rules seemed very clear about engine mapping - at least to me anyway.

The Sixpence

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Jenson's back on form.

WeeMann

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Bit of an anti-climactic race at the end - I doubt the stewards will penalise Vettel - he got away with it earlier this season doing the same thing.

The Sixpence

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:59 pm

I hope they do penalise him. I don't think Jenson would have held him off much longer, but that was a dodgy overtake.

WeeMann

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:45 pm

He HAS been penalised - 20 second penalty applied thus demoting him to fifth. Raikonnen promoted to third and Kobayashi to fourth.

The Sixpence

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 am

Not surprised he got the penalty - you could tell from his post-race interview he knew he was in the wrong. All that crap about "not knowing where Button was and not wanting to crash into him". Was a bit of a harsh drop demoting him to fifth though. Then again, as Christian Horner said, that was the only action they could chose from the list.

Still, Vettel was acting like a petulant child all race, first he kicks up a fuss because Hamilton legitimately un-laps him and then he was flying off the track left and right because he couldn't keep up with Button.
Last edited by Leigh Burne on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 am

Sorry for the double post, accidentally hit quote instead of edit :P
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Sixpence » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Not looking forward to this weekend's race. I hate Hungary - it's the most boring race of the year. I don't know why this track hasn't been dropped from the calendar. It annoys me this goes on every year and yet great tracks such as Spa keep getting messed around with in terms of their frequency on the calendar. I know it'll all be down to money etc but I wish they could make a decision based on the fans views for once.

The Sixpence

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 am

The Sixpence wrote:I hate Hungary - it's the most boring race of the year.

Surely that award goes to Valencia, which - thank God - they've now dropped altogether from the calendar?

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:53 am

Did you not watch this year's Valancia race then?

Hungary has been the worst race for years. I know Monaco is dull as well in terms of no overtaking but at least there's the drama of that being a street circuit. Hungary is just dull, dull, dull. When I play F1 games I find it a dull track to drive as well!

The Sixpence

PreviousNext

Return to The Game