What sport(s) do you do?

Discuss any aspects of sports here.

What sport(s) do you do?

Postby fereshte » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I see many or most topics here are about watching sports, so now it's time to talk about our own hobbies as well. So I'd like to ask: what kind of sports do you do on your free time? Do you go to gym, attend group classes or swim every once in a while? Or maybe you like to ride your bicycle or simply take walks in fresh air?

I've had many hobbies in the past, but at the moment I mostly do bodypump. I used to prefer aerobics to muscle training, but somehow this really works for me. I think it's a great idea to combine exercise with music in such a strong way and make the muscle training feel like it's part of the song. And although the music and choreography are the same internationally, it's amazing how different the classes can feel depending on who's instructing them.

By the way, if someone else here does bodypump, too, please share your thoughts about the latest releases. What do you think about BP81? My favourite tracklist so far was in 79, definitely. I wonder if they'll ever end up using a QUEEN song.. :mrgreen:

In addition to bodypump, I enjoy occasional walks in fresh air, like most people. Summer is obviously great for swimming, but I regret I haven't done any winter sports like skiing or skating this year (I'm in a hurry if I want to make it before the snow melts). At the moment I'm looking forward to the spring weathers, though. I was listening to Bicycle Race the other day, and (it doesn't always affect me like this) really started to feel like taking a nice bike tour with friends.
Last edited by fereshte on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maria Fereshte

fereshte
Spread Your Wings

Re: What sport(s) do you do?

Postby icy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Back in the day, I did track and field and soccer(football!) which I enjoyed very much. My main exercise now is walking, I am looking into yoga as well, which was recommended to me just days ago.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Cool Cat » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:35 pm

In my younger years i played football and cricket in local leagues, now in my middle age and the only exercise i do is dog walking everyday.

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Postby OMG » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 am

I'm a ballet dancer and an epee fencer! :P
Only you should read my post who knowme and love me well, since you sail in nothingness, and, like a prophet, can foretell the future, for silence in your dreams has taken on a human form and in your heart at times appear the tiger and the gntle deer.

OMG
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lino » Thu May 10, 2012 10:47 pm

I like swimming, but haven't been to the pool. I walk to and from work (up and down the hill), I walk at work as we do tours with tourists, I lift the glass. :P I like walking in town, living in the centre helps a lot.
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Guru » Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I used to bowl (tenpin) - I was ok, reasonable league player. Don't get the time these days, and it's a lot more expensive.

Having said which, I seem to have taken up golf in the last 12 months, which even with a hand-me-down set of clubs is costing me a fortune in balls!

A group of us are off to play some fancy course in Ireland next month, so thaI've had to take some lessons so that I only embarrass myself (as opposed to humiliation)

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby The Sixpence » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I used to play football every day up until the age of 16 when girls became an obsession! These days I ride the exercise bike daily and walk/jog every other day.

The Sixpence

Return to The Game