Page 4 of 4

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:35 am
by jimbo
Muzza suddenly playing well and beating Cilic easily :shock:

He now plays Djokovic in the semis of this masters500 China Open, which they've put on as the first match of the day over in China at about Midday, which means is on at 6am on saturday morning on TV over here, bloody ridiculous :evil:

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:37 am
by Leigh Burne
jimbo wrote:He now plays Djokovic in the semis of this masters500 China Open, which they've put on as the first match of the day over in China at about Midday, which means is on at 6am on saturday morning on TV over here, bloody ridiculous :evil:

Yeah, f*cking Chinese and their time zones :P

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:43 am
by sacko
Leigh Burne wrote:
jimbo wrote:He now plays Djokovic in the semis of this masters500 China Open, which they've put on as the first match of the day over in China at about Midday, which means is on at 6am on saturday morning on TV over here, bloody ridiculous :evil:

Yeah, f*cking Chinese and their time zones :P


action asked me to tell you he thinks that you're stereotyping the chinese. he doesnt think its racism, but clearly a kind of stereotyping / prejudice 8-)

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:54 am
by jimbo
Leigh Burne wrote:
jimbo wrote:He now plays Djokovic in the semis of this masters500 China Open, which they've put on as the first match of the day over in China at about Midday, which means is on at 6am on saturday morning on TV over here, bloody ridiculous :evil:

Yeah, f*cking Chinese and their time zones :P


Haha but I'm not blaming the timezone :lol:

Why play the best match of the day over there at midday :?

It should have been the evening match, and therefore would have been on TV over here at lunchtime, and I could have watched it down the pub (I don't have and will never get sky).

So yes, when scheduling their matches they should have been remembering when jimbo could actually watch the match, honestly, it's not too much to ask :lol:

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:27 pm
by jimbo
^^^Well I didn't miss much anyway in the end :?

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:24 am
by jimbo
Muzza wins another tournament at last (even though only a small one) and beats Ferrer in quite an important match for him :shock:

He needs to follow that up now with some good consistent wins in Valencia and Paris, to say in the Worlds Top8 to get to the O2 in London, lets see if he can manage that.

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 pm
by jimbo
So Murray has in important match against Ferrer again tomorrow, and I think he will struggle.

Although with Nadal now not playing for the rest of the season, it takes the pressure off Muzza qualifying for the end of season O2 tournament in London. So even if he loses tomorrow he probably now should qualify which may take some pressure off tomorrow!

But don't really know if that's a good or bad thing with him :lol:

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am
by jimbo
Well what a performance from Muzza :shock:

He beats Ferrer and then goes on to beat Robredo in 3 sets, saving 5 match points on the way, amazingly for the second time in a few weeks!

Great stuff from Murray, confirms his place at the O2 in London (bar a miracle from all the other players), and looks like he is finally near to his best :)

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:57 am
by jimbo
Well a potentially big match today for Muzza!

OK he is basically qualified for the O2 in London now anyway, bar some bizarre results (the final would have to be Dimitrov beating Ferrer or Raonic, or something like that, which is so unlikely), but anyway this match will demonstrate whether he is back to near his best or not, as Dimitrov will be an excellent test.

I've got £10 on Dimitrov to win in 2 :?

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:05 am
by jimbo
jimbo wrote:Well a potentially big match today for Muzza!

OK he is basically qualified for the O2 in London now anyway, bar some bizarre results (the final would have to be Dimitrov beating Ferrer or Raonic, or something like that, which is so unlikely), but anyway this match will demonstrate whether he is back to near his best or not, as Dimitrov will be an excellent test.

I've got £10 on Dimitrov to win in 2 :?


Wrong again :lol:

Well done Andy, that's a great effort to reach the O2. In fact he could end the year back in the Top4 ranking with a few more wins in the next couple of weeks, amazing

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:26 pm
by jimbo
A good start against Djokovic but couldn't keep it going, and again his serving wasn't good enough. Gives him chance to rest and work on his serve before the season ending O2 though, and has been a great run recently up to that point!

Re: TENNIS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 pm
by jimbo
End of the season then for Muzza, and he finishes it in disastrous fashion getting thrashed 0 and 1 by Federer. Oh dear.

He said afterwards "I hope it never happens again". Blind hope, yeah that's the way forward :?

Honestly Andy how about if you work massively on your serve, then that will make a huge difference for a start, but then I've been saying that for the last 2 years :shock: