Doctor Who // Torchwood // The Sarah Jane Adventures

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Doctor Who // Torchwood // The Sarah Jane Adventures

Postby JLP » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:12 pm

JLP wrote:Gillain Anderson as the Doctor?

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines ... doctor-who

Political correctness. It will kill it stone dead.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm

fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:Gillain Anderson as the Doctor?

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines ... doctor-who

Political correctness. It will kill it stone dead.

I think it's a bad idea, but I can't really come up with a good reason. They've had inter-gender regenerations already: The Master/Missy and the General. But the idea of the Doctor being female seems weird. I also don't like the idea of them intentionally picking a token woman or black man. One guy (I think he was a scriptwriter) said the other day that the next Doctor should be female or black. I think that's a stupid attitude. They should pick the best person for the job. If Idris Elba is free then YES, a hundred times yes. But let's not have Lenny fucking Henry.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Elessar wrote:
I think it's a bad idea, but I can't really come up with a good reason. They've had inter-gender regenerations already: The Master/Missy and the General. But the idea of the Doctor being female seems weird. I also don't like the idea of them intentionally picking a token woman or black man. One guy (I think he was a scriptwriter) said the other day that the next Doctor should be female or black. I think that's a stupid attitude. They should pick the best person for the job. If Idris Elba is free then YES, a hundred times yes. But let's not have Lenny fucking Henry.

It's a TV show, it doesn't need to be 'correct'. If there's anything wrong in our world today, it's surely things like this. As action would say, 'it's desperating'.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:25 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:

It's a TV show, it doesn't need to be 'correct'. If there's anything wrong in our world today, it's surely things like this. As action would say, 'it's desperating'.

I think he could have turned female 10 years ago, but since Ten was like a virile teenager, all of a sudden the Doctor now has a 'sexuality'. And it just seems weird that that should change - although I realise his personality does change every regeneration. Oh please don't let the new Doc be gay...hopefully the days of making every other character openly gay are behind us :roll:

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Elessar wrote:Oh please don't let the new Doc be gay...hopefully the days of making every other character openly gay are behind us :roll:

I am sick and utterly tired of the LGBT's. I have been for a long time. As if it matters anymore... :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:Oh please don't let the new Doc be gay...hopefully the days of making every other character openly gay are behind us :roll:

I am sick and utterly tired of the LGBT's. I have been for a long time. As if it matters anymore... :roll:

There's still inequality though. And Trump has undone the work Obama did on public bathrooms. Now if you're a transgender female, you have to choose between being slapped and being beaten up. Nice.

But some of them need to cool it. The most obvious example being that clown who fronts Queen nowadays :roll:

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Elessar wrote:
There's still inequality though. And Trump has undone the work Obama did on public bathrooms. Now if you're a transgender female, you have to choose between being slapped and being beaten up. Nice.

But some of them need to cool it. The most obvious example being that clown who fronts Queen nowadays :roll:

There is inequality, yes. But look at that steaming lesbian widerbeast who came on here accusing me of all sorts! She lectured me on homophobia...oh, how little she knew.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Tarkus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:18 pm

My opinion of this is that the original idea of Dr Who being a woman was a gag put forward by Tom Baker when he was about to leave- he did it to get press attention back to Dr Who, by saying "I'd like to express my warmest wishes and the best of luck to the next person who gets the job- whomever he or she may be." The press went wild with speculation of "The next doctor may be a woman!" And so publicity was guaranteed. Moffat, of course, took that nugget and ran with it when it really should have stayed firmly put. The character that the audience should identify with is the companion, hence why so many different types of character can be cast- we've had black, white, male, female, ancient, modern and even alien, and in the Big Finish audios, we've had every shade in between of all those, too. The biggest problem with Who is that nowadays, it's written by fans, which was always a bad idea, as this is where we get all the sappy 'he's alien but he's wonderful' pseudo-superhero crap. I think the series needs another rest, to be honest- it's just sad that it's taken ten series to get to this stage now, whereas it took 26 series last time around. Have ideas really been in such short supply nowadays?

Tarkus

Postby J Starbuck88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

phpBB [video]

New trailer for Series 10, could it be that Peter Capaldi will be regenerating a lot earlier then originally planned?
My make up maybe flaking but my smile still stays on

J Starbuck88
Spread Your Wings

Is this A Kind of Magic? or does The Show Go On

Postby Champs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Not a moment too soon... he's been as welcoming as a turd that won't flush away. Not the actors fault, but the whole production has been stale of late. Hurry up, Chibbers. :geek:
YES INDEED!

Champs
We Will Rock You

Grumbling

Postby Tarkus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:30 am

Elessar wrote:I think it's a bad idea, but I can't really come up with a good reason. They've had inter-gender regenerations already: The Master/Missy and the General. But the idea of the Doctor being female seems weird. I also don't like the idea of them intentionally picking a token woman or black man. One guy (I think he was a scriptwriter) said the other day that the next Doctor should be female or black. I think that's a stupid attitude. They should pick the best person for the job. If Idris Elba is free then YES, a hundred times yes. But let's not have Lenny fucking Henry.

phpBB [video]

:P

Tarkus

Postby Cool Cat » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:49 pm

The first official photo of Jodie Whittaker as she will appear in Doctor Who .

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Postby WeeMann » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Nanu Nanu!
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm

WeeMann wrote:Nanu Nanu!

"Na-No, Na-No,"

#ArgueTheToss

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Another World