Doctor Who // Torchwood // The Sarah Jane Adventures

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Doctor Who // Torchwood // The Sarah Jane Adventures

Postby Tarkus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 am

The way this series is going, you won't be missing much. I was disappointed again this weekend- despite how I'm loving Capaldi's take on the Doctor, he's being dealt a duff hand of episodes that just don't do him justice, like Matt was saddled with in his last two. I'm just losing the enthusiasm to go out of my way to watch it anymore, until there's a new showrunner to freshen things up once more- it's getting tired for me, which is a shame.

Tarkus

Postby Elessar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:14 am

I thought the first three were weak, but the last two have been brilliant!

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Teo_torriate04 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 am

Really liked The Caretaker. I'm glad we're starting to see a Doctor in the Troughton / Tennant mould starting to emerge ( a bit scatterbrained, not as worldly wise as he likes to think he is), I was worried that he was going to take the character down a darker more serious route a la Ecclestone. A good old fashioned Whovian romp on Saturday, particularly liked the fact that the story was a bit silly (I mean, the most dangerous machine in the universe and it can't hit a barn door from across the room). More please!

Teo_torriate04
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm

I too enjoyed The Caretaker. And more to the point, I'm surprising myself by enjoying Clara. I enjoy her relationship with Capaldi far more than I ever did with her relationship with Smith.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Teo_torriate04 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:41 pm

soxtalon wrote:I too enjoyed The Caretaker. And more to the point, I'm surprising myself by enjoying Clara. I enjoy her relationship with Capaldi far more than I ever did with her relationship with Smith.

Don't tell the wife but I think that Clara might just be the most attractive thing on TV at the moment, a real English rose, a natural beauty.

Teo_torriate04
Spread Your Wings

Postby NatashaSimp » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Speaking of Classic Doctor Who, this is what you get when you try to do Newt from Aliens on the loose change from the season's budget:

NatashaSimp
Spread Your Wings

Postby buskersude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 am

Teo_torriate04 wrote:
soxtalon wrote:I too enjoyed The Caretaker. And more to the point, I'm surprising myself by enjoying Clara. I enjoy her relationship with Capaldi far more than I ever did with her relationship with Smith.

Don't tell the wife but I think that Clara might just be the most attractive thing on TV at the moment, a real English rose, a natural beauty.

I have to agree, telling the wife might not be good!
But seriously, she is a stunner. Just the Northern accent lets her down. :P
You can be anything you want to be...

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby buskersude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:47 am

Wasn't sure about the moon is an egg episode.

When some of you recently posted dissatisfaction with the new series, I wondered what you were talking about, but maybe now I see.
The worst moment was 'its laid another egg'.
For a start that came from nowhere and felt 'pushed' in, secondly everyone watched the alien fly away straight away - so, what, did it do a circuit and fly back? Thirdly, how could it lay an egg as big as itself?

Childish nonsense.

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby WeeMann » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:45 am

buskersude wrote:Wasn't sure about the moon is an egg episode.

When some of you recently posted dissatisfaction with the new series, I wondered what you were talking about, but maybe now I see.
For a start that came from nowhere and felt 'pushed' in, secondly everyone watched the alien fly away straight away - so, what, did it do a circuit and fly back? Thirdly, how could it lay an egg as big as itself?

Childish nonsense.

You're arguing whether things are physically possible or realistic in a show about a time-travelling alien who keeps changing his appearance? ;)
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby buskersude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 am

WeeMann wrote:

Childish nonsense.

You're arguing whether things are physically possible or realistic in a show about a time-travelling alien who keeps changing his appearance? ;)

Ok.maybe I asked for that, but what I meant was that this was just pure silliness. :P

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby Teo_torriate04 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:37 am

buskersude wrote:
WeeMann wrote:

Childish nonsense.

Ok.maybe I asked for that, but what I meant was that this was just pure silliness. :P

At the end of the day Dr Who is ostensibly a childrens programme, and the 'silliness' has always been one of its enduring characteristics which has been overlooked for the last couple of years (to the detriment of the programme imo). The worry for me is the later time slot, it's too late in the evening for all the family to watch together. The Saturday teatime/early evening slot is where it should be. If they keep it where it is they risk viewing figures going through the floor.

Teo_torriate04
Spread Your Wings

Postby WeeMann » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:43 am

Teo_torriate04 wrote:At the end of the day Dr Who is ostensibly a childrens programme, and the 'silliness' has always been one of its enduring characteristics which has been overlooked for the last couple of years (to the detriment of the programme imo). The worry for me is the later time slot, it's too late in the evening for all the family to watch together. The Saturday teatime/early evening slot is where it should be. If they keep it where it is they risk viewing figures going through the floor.

I agree, but increasingly people are watching via timeshift, i.e. on their Sky boxes or via iPlayer, so timeslot is far less essential than it was even 5 years ago. In our house we watched it last night over dinner.

Anyway, more important is that next week's episode features Frank Skinner. I've been waiting for this one as he sounds so damn excited on his radio show!
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby buskersude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 am

WeeMann wrote:
Teo_torriate04 wrote:At the end of the day Dr Who is ostensibly a childrens programme, and the 'silliness' has always been one of its enduring characteristics which has been overlooked for the last couple of years (to the detriment of the programme imo). The worry for me is the later time slot, it's too late in the evening for all the family to watch together. The Saturday teatime/early evening slot is where it should be. If they keep it where it is they risk viewing figures going through the floor.

I agree, but increasingly people are watching via timeshift, i.e. on their Sky boxes or via iPlayer, so timeslot is far less essential than it was even 5 years ago. In our house we watched it last night over dinner.

Anyway, more important is that next week's episode features Frank Skinner. I've been waiting for this one as he sounds so damn excited on his radio show!

That would be a wonderful prospect if Frank could remotely act. Or be funny. Or sing.
The fact that he can't do any of those is strange for a sometime acting comedian who loves to 'sing' his audience songs.
Can't wait to see him get killed (please please please please please please please please) in Doctor Who!

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby Burn On Dakota » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 pm

We are going to have nice little treat in the next episode.. i don't want to spoil it

Burn On Dakota
Spread Your Wings

Postby buskersude » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Btw, the BBC seem to have improved the mobile iplayer app.
I can now watch BBC programs 'live' as they air, without all that stuttering etc.!
The video playback for catch up seems improved too. Well done Beeb, for doin the least we should expect of you!

So tomoz I'll be tuning in hopefully.

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

PreviousNext

Return to Another World