The TV Series?

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: The TV Series?

Postby JLP » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 pm

There is an unbelievably good series on BBC 2 about the Blitz. I watched an episode about Hull last night and was seriously moved by the stories told. I downloaded the first episode and have just watched it. That one was about the East End of London. Well worth a watch.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:38 pm

JLP wrote:There is an unbelievably good series on BBC 2 about the Blitz. I watched an episode about Hull last night and was seriously moved by the stories told. I downloaded the first episode and have just watched it. That one was about the East End of London. Well worth a watch.

I've been recording the series, will watch all back to back when complete, but i love documentaries like this, so looking forward.
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 pm

My main TV series to watch now is Peaky Blinders. Although the way things are going, this season looks set to be the last one- at least it will be dramatic, and not a massive cop-out like the final season of Ripper Street was...
"Hold on to life, for in moments it can fade away."- Asia, Nothing's Forever

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Prayin' 4 a Miracle.

Postby AlaRegularis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Sole Survivor wrote:My main TV series to watch now is Peaky Blinders. Although the way things are going, this season looks set to be the last one- at least it will be dramatic, and not a massive cop-out like the final season of Ripper Street was...

Man, I love Peaky Blinders! Getting really psyched to watch season 3 :D It took a while for it to get to swedish Netflix, and I've been putting it off, cuz I wanna binge it, hehe. Season 4 is still quite a ways away here in Sweden though, from what I understand.

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 pm

"Please Like Me" on Netflix is the best recent series I have seen. Not really a sit-com, but it's funny. Not really a gay series, but the main character is gay. It's just about young people finding their way to be and coping with love, illnesses, rejection and friendship... above all friendship. Thank god for subtitles though. Sometimes, Aussies are just a pain in my ear.

(Hi to all Aussies )
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Another World