Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby icy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 am

Innuendoes wrote:David Cassidy has passed away. Damn, another one. :shock:

https://thewirerepublicblog.wordpress.c ... at-age-67/

ETA: CNN saying he's in critical condition. I know he's been in very bad health for a couple of years, at least.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/entertain ... index.html

It won't be long, I'm afraid.

Inny...
Spoiler! :
I don't know if you heard Mel Tills has passed away earlier today

Spoiler! :
True classic country music

Spoiler! :
RIP


I didn't realize David was ill. Organ failure is bad. :-(
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 am

I did not hear or read about Mel. I am mostly doing research and talking to a few people via emails about our findings so am not out there, so to speak. I just happened to pop onto my feed over on FB and saw an article had been posted in the news about David. It had been posted that he was gravely ill, yesterday, so I figured an article saying he had passed away was legit, truth. Now I am not so sure. Maybe someone wants it kept quiet for the time being because they are going to be barraged with fans wherever he is or was. I would imagine his family can't handle that at this time.

And, yea, very sad to hear about Mel. I love his daughter's singing even more but that's beside the point. He is a legend and always will be.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

The Master Of Space And Time

      
 
Posts: 10098
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby icy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 am

Innuendoes wrote:I did not hear or read about Mel. I am mostly doing research and talking to a few people via emails about our findings so am not out there, so to speak. I just happened to pop onto my feed over on FB and saw an article had been posted in the news about David. It had been posted that he was gravely ill, yesterday, so I figured an article saying he had passed away was legit, truth. Now I am not so sure. Maybe someone wants it kept quiet for the time being because they are going to be barraged with fans wherever he is or was. I would imagine his family can't handle that at this time.

And, yea, very sad to hear about Mel. I love his daughter's singing even more but that's beside the point. He is a legend and always will be.

Spoiler! :
I figured you were busy, so I didn't want to disturb you. I'm sorry for being the one to break it to you. A legend no doubt.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 am

icy wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I did not hear or read about Mel. I am mostly doing research and talking to a few people via emails about our findings so am not out there, so to speak. I just happened to pop onto my feed over on FB and saw an article had been posted in the news about David. It had been posted that he was gravely ill, yesterday, so I figured an article saying he had passed away was legit, truth. Now I am not so sure. Maybe someone wants it kept quiet for the time being because they are going to be barraged with fans wherever he is or was. I would imagine his family can't handle that at this time.

And, yea, very sad to hear about Mel. I love his daughter's singing even more but that's beside the point. He is a legend and always will be.

Spoiler! :
I figured you were busy, so I didn't want to disturb you. I'm sorry for being the one to break it to you. A legend no doubt.

No, no problem.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

The Master Of Space And Time

      
 
Posts: 10098
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna has died at the age of 49, cancer strikes again :(

Image
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4548
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 pm

I know its imminent, but still no news of David Cassidy's death over here yet, only that he has multi organ failure, and in a induced coma.
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4548
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm

He’s not going to have a long and happy retirement but it’s by no means a foregone conclusion that he’ll die imminently.
 
Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Cool Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Imminent = likely to occur at any moment. Sounds foregone to me.
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4548
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I know what imminent means, and I’m disputing that it’s inevitable.

He’s in intensive care with multiple organ failure (liver and kidneys specifically), which is exactly what intensive care exists for. He reportedly needs a new liver. As precious and rare as livers are, they have a strange habit of becoming available when celebrities need them.

Of course there’s an excellent chance he’ll die soon, or may even have died in the last hour or two. But whilst it would be wise for journalists to get their obituaries ready, I don’t think it’s even close to being an inevitability at this stage, based on the information that has been reported.

No offence intended by the bit below; this is genuinely quite accurate:
Spoiler! :
A handy guide to those who wish to simulate psychic ability:

“In a critical condition” = doesn’t really mean anything, cf “stable but critical”
“Multiple organ failure in intensive care” = far more positive than multiple organ failure on a private ward surrounded by loved ones; could go either way
“Cardiac arrest on a plane” = there’s a warm dead body taking up a bed
“CPR was started after he was found unconscious in a hotel room” = someone found a dead body and decided to break all their ribs
 
Roger
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 am

I believe David Cassidy announced, himself, that he was suffering from dementia which is what finally took his mother's life as well. I don't know exactly when he announced it but I think it was when he fell off a stage during a performance around a year ago. I would say the chances of having a liver transplant while suffering a disease that is going to kill a person is slim if not impossible.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

The Master Of Space And Time

      
 
Posts: 10098
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby icy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:27 am

Innuendoes wrote:I believe David Cassidy announced, himself, that he was suffering from dementia which is what finally took his mother's life as well. I don't know exactly when he announced it but I think it was when he fell off a stage during a performance around a year ago. I would say the chances of having a liver transplant while suffering a disease that is going to kill a person is slim if not impossible.

He announced it earlier this year about the dementia. He didn't want people to think he was drinking or on drugs.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 am

icy wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I believe David Cassidy announced, himself, that he was suffering from dementia which is what finally took his mother's life as well. I don't know exactly when he announced it but I think it was when he fell off a stage during a performance around a year ago. I would say the chances of having a liver transplant while suffering a disease that is going to kill a person is slim if not impossible.

He announced it earlier this year about the dementia. He didn't want people to think he was drinking or on drugs.


Yea, I read about it, somewhere, quite a while back. He had an attitude, though. He was always stuck on himself and that left me with negative feelings toward him from the 70s on. :?
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

The Master Of Space And Time

      
 
Posts: 10098
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:14 am

Geeez, now Della Reese has passed away. :-(

http://people.com/music/della-reese-dea ... el-singer/
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

The Master Of Space And Time

      
 
Posts: 10098
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 470 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby WeeMann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:06 pm

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6184
Images: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Who Wants To Live Forever? The QOL Obituaries thread.

Postby icy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 am

Spoiler! :
David Cassidy has died. RIP
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15313
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 521 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Milkman and 1 guest