Sam Smith

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Sam Smith's debut album has been on the Billboard Top 200 for 200 weeks now. :shock:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 pm

The Milkman wrote:Sam Smith's debut album has been on the Billboard Top 200 for 200 weeks now. :shock:

Wow, I haven't been tracking that lately, but it's impressive.
( I probably have to replace my copy soon as I play mine so much, I notice some of it skipping)
Any word how the new single is doing this week?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 pm

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Sam Smith's debut album has been on the Billboard Top 200 for 200 weeks now. :shock:

Wow, I haven't been tracking that lately, but it's impressive.
( I probably have to replace my copy soon as I play mine so much, I notice some of it skipping)
Any word how the new single is doing this week?



It gained a few spins this week on radio and it's staying in the 40s but it's not enough to make it on the Billboard Hot 100. People aren't buying it on iTunes and that's what needs to happen to make it in the Hot 100. Spins and streams are great but it's not going to make it a hit.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:43 pm

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Sam Smith's debut album has been on the Billboard Top 200 for 200 weeks now. :shock:

Wow, I haven't been tracking that lately, but it's impressive.
( I probably have to replace my copy soon as I play mine so much, I notice some of it skipping)
Any word how the new single is doing this week?



It gained a few spins this week on radio and it's staying in the 40s but it's not enough to make it on the Billboard Hot 100. People aren't buying it on iTunes and that's what needs to happen to make it in the Hot 100. Spins and streams are great but it's not going to make it a hit.

Yeah. Right you are.
I wonder if this means no more singles from the album? There's still good ones to pick from.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:04 pm

icy wrote:I wonder if this means no more singles from the album? There's still good ones to pick from.


I thought One Last Song would have been a hit but it didn't do shit. Looks like radio/people are getting sick of him.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 pm

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:I wonder if this means no more singles from the album? There's still good ones to pick from.


I thought One Last Song would have been a hit but it didn't do shit. Looks like radio/people are getting sick of him.

I don't expect every single to be a hit. I'm pleased with his career so far. Maybe to release what he did for the current single, maybe isn't so appropriate after all.
Maybe some people are sick of him, but I'm not. I hope he will be around happy and healthy as possible. If he were to quit the business today, I'd be pretty pleased with what he has done. No doubt, he's done very good indeed, even with the bumpy road he's had at times.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:02 pm

New remix.

phpBB [video]
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:07 pm

The Milkman wrote:New remix.

phpBB [video]

From the first listen, I'm not actually sure I like this. :lookround:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Does nothing for me.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 pm

The Milkman wrote:Does nothing for me.

Same. It's awful :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm

It cracked the top 40 this week on radio but that doesn't do shit for the Billboard Hot 100. It's still not selling so it's not a hit.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Thu May 03, 2018 9:38 am

The Milkman wrote:It cracked the top 40 this week on radio but that doesn't do shit for the Billboard Hot 100. It's still not selling so it's not a hit.

Better luck to hm for next time. I still hope that there will another single or two from the album.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Tue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Still climbing on Top 40 radio and gaining spins but not enough for the Billboard Hot 100.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 pm

The Milkman wrote:Still climbing on Top 40 radio and gaining spins but not enough for the Billboard Hot 100.

Onto the next single? Or is it too early, or the powers that be might be wary about another sngle because of this news? That's my concern.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16272
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Guess we'll get a video soon.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... ideo-logic

Opps, it says it came out on the 9th.


phpBB [video]
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests