Sam Smith

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:47 pm

magicshoes wrote:
Two sharp pencils wrote:
CNB wrote:When I say I don't like an artist like Sam or Adele or Bieber or even Taylor, that does NOT mean I envy them or am bitter that they are getting awards. I just don't get how other people think they are so wonderful when I think they are not! That's all, and JLP just said it is okay to post negative comments just like was happening for years on the other thread! By the way I don't dislike all British artists. I DO like Ed Sheeran and Boy George and David Bowie and Elton John and Duran Duran. Muse and Coldplay not so much! :)

Negative comments on the other thread !!!! Funnily enough a lot of people got warned on that thread because of the constant arguments, which was mainly because Adam's fans didn't like ANY negativity towards him. Talk about double standards CNB, it's alright to be negative about SS, Beiber or Swift but if anyone dare post anything negative about Adam you cry foul. The day you're ok with negativity towards Adam should be the day when you're okay to post negative posts towards others.

It's funny, because when Glamberts push back against negative comments or even attempt to debate those comments, we get warned that the thread will be locked. I've counted at least 4 posts directly commenting on CNB's opinion in this thread but nary a peep from the mods about that.

Reverse course and say that those who wish to say negative things about Adam should also be willing to see negative things said about others, including Sam.

Personally I like Sam's music. It can be a bit repetitive but his voice is gorgeous and I think he's deserved all the accolades he's received...except that Oscar because writing's on the wall is a shit song no matter how pretty he sings it.

I do think he came across as an arrogant douche after winning too but I don't think he meant it that way.

On another note, looks like even though he checked out of twitter for a while (after the shit storm his oscar speech and subsequent fuckery caused) he's still around. He attended the after party following Adam's concert at Terminal 5 in NYC

I am willing to see 'negative' things about Sam Smith. I find it very ironic CNB has so much to say about the man when she hasn't even heard his full album. Then the irony of her posts about Sam Smith when she ended up very defensive when certain people had things to say about AL. And no one these days is even negative about AL.
I really like Sam's lyrics and vocals, clearly I'm a fan of the guy. Good for him in making it when so much attention is given to looks, which is what some are known for rather than the music. For me, lyrics and vocals always mean more to me than how attractive someone is.
It looked to me Sam Smith was surprised to win that award. Maybe he didn't have time to write a good speech, or maybe he was just nervous while giving it. I'm not offended by what he said, nor did I find it arrogant. He gets flack in some circles for not speaking about some things, and now that he has, there is also flack.
I posted the same pic above.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:48 pm

CNB wrote:I wonder if Sam attended the TOH concert as well as the after party.

Don't know, I don't track or follow Sam Smiths every move.
But isn't it nice that they met each other :) ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Adam has been very gracious to and supportive of Sam but my complaint is whether it is a two-way street. Haven't seen complimentary tweets back to Adam from Sam or Gaga or anyone else!

I don't have to hear Sam's full album. I have heard his singles and his live broadcast from Rock in Rio. I don't like his voice because he doesn't have good diction and he's too whiney. Sorry!

When you have a couple of spare hours, watch this and you will know why I feel the way I do about these two guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk#t=4011
Last edited by CNB on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:15 pm

icy wrote:I am willing to see 'negative' things about Sam Smith. I find it very ironic CNB has so much to say about the man when she hasn't even heard his full album. Then the irony of her posts about Sam Smith when she ended up very defensive when certain people had things to say about AL. And no one these days is even negative about AL.

Yes, it's nice that after four years, people around here have finally stopped venting their ire about Adam Lambert existing. Which they started doing without having listened to any of his albums.

I think it's odder for someone to go out of their way to vent negative opinions (and research) about an artist they've studied in depth. Because, if someone dislikes a particular singer, they tend not to listen to their work.

I really like Sam's lyrics and vocals, clearly I'm a fan of the guy. Good for him in making it when so much attention is given to looks, which is what some are known for rather than the music. For me, lyrics and vocals always mean more to me than how attractive someone is.

Well, good for you. But I have no idea who you are talking about that makes it on looks, rather than the music. It's Jennifer Lopez, right? Oh, wait. Is it Brian May? That is one good-looking sextuagenarian.

It looked to me Sam Smith was surprised to win that award. Maybe he didn't have time to write a good speech, or maybe he was just nervous while giving it. I'm not offended by what he said, nor did I find it arrogant. He gets flack in some circles for not speaking about some things, and now that he has, there is also flack.

He should have been surprised. :lol:

I didn't think it was arrogant, either. A bit ignorant, but not everyone is an Oscar history buff. Or up on their gay history. We'd all probably be madder at him if he pulled out his phone onstage in order to look it up on Wikipedia. ;)
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Montavilla » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:23 pm

CNB wrote:Adam has been very gracious to and supportive of Sam but my complaint is whether it is a two-way street. Haven't seen complimentary tweets back to Adam from Sam or Gaga or anyone else!

I don't have to hear Sam's full album. I have heard his singles and his live broadcast from Rock in Rio. I don't like his voice because he doesn't have good diction and he's too whiney. Sorry!

When you have a couple of spare hours, watch this and you will know why I feel the way I do about these two guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj1zZ83Cvk#t=4011

You know, compliments aren't really compliments if you are under obligation to return them. The quality of mercy is not strained and all that. Yes, it's polite to return compliments, but it's better when they are freely given.

And plenty of people -- famous people -- compliment Adam. Why worry about Sam Smith and Gaga?

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:29 pm

I didn't say they were obligated to return them -- just pointing out that one artist is very generous in his praise and congratulations about success and others are not!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:42 pm

CNB wrote:I didn't say they were obligated to return them -- just pointing out that one artist is very generous in his praise and congratulations about success and others are not!

Okay, but those last four words aren't really necessary. It's enough to point out the positive.

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Montavilla wrote:
CNB wrote:I didn't say they were obligated to return them -- just pointing out that one artist is very generous in his praise and congratulations about success and others are not!

Okay, but those last four words aren't really necessary. It's enough to point out the positive.

That WAS my point!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magicshoes » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:38 am

CNB wrote:
Montavilla wrote:

That WAS my point!

no, it really wasn't your point. your point was that Sam Smith and Gaga don't reciprocate Adam's compliments, which isn't true in Gaga's case. She was positive about him singing one of her songs on Glee and she gave him a song on is first album so clearly she's at least an admirer if not a Glambert.

Sam showed up at Adam's after party, shows support to me.

It's not a contest anyway and Adam might just happen to be one of those overly effusive people who heaps praise over the smallest thing that delights him. That's a good quality but not one shared by most people IMO.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:24 am

Those last four words were my point - "and others are not" !!!!!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:41 pm

"Sam Smith gives Twitter a rest following Oscar speech backlash" by Mannie Holmes at 12:03 PM on Mar 4, 2016

http://zap2it.com/2016/03/sam-smith-qui ... backlash/#
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magicshoes » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 pm

CNB wrote:Those last four words were my point - "and others are not" !!!!!

you're really petty CNB.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 pm

magicshoes wrote:
CNB wrote:Those last four words were my point - "and others are not" !!!!!

you're really petty CNB.

I am? What about THIS .....

"Sam adores Adam. He thought it was one of the best nights of his life," sources tell NAUGHTY GOSSIP. "The problem is that Sam is more into Adam, than Adam is into Sam. Adam likes Sam but just as a friend. Sam thinks Adam is everything. He is talented, and handsome and very, very sexy. Sam is telling friends that he is in-love."

http://www.naughtygossip.com/exclusive/ ... dy-in-love

Ha! Ha! Maybe Adam will be the inspiration for Sam's next "hit" album?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Writergirl » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:21 pm

CNB wrote:Ha! Ha! Maybe Adam will be the inspiration for Sam's next "hit" album?

Or maybe it's complete BS that somebody just made up to generate hits to their site from gullible Glamberts.

Writergirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Writergirl wrote:
CNB wrote:Ha! Ha! Maybe Adam will be the inspiration for Sam's next "hit" album?

Or maybe it's complete BS that somebody just made up to generate hits to their site from gullible Glamberts.

I hope it's just BS!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Another World