Sam Smith

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 am

^ He sure is rocking that look. More power to him. :cool: :D

Wondering if anyone knows how his sales were during Christmas, or is it too early to know?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby Cool Cat » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:34 pm

icy wrote:^ He sure is rocking that look. More power to him. :cool: :D

Wondering if anyone knows how his sales were during Christmas, or is it too early to know?

He must have done okay, The Thrill of it All has been in the top 3 since its release, and In the Lonely Hour is back in the top 30, and he has several singles in the charts as well.
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat
 
Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

See Me In The Shadows

      
 
Posts: 4567
Images: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Robin Hood Country
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Cool Cat wrote:
icy wrote:^ He sure is rocking that look. More power to him. :cool: :D

Wondering if anyone knows how his sales were during Christmas, or is it too early to know?

He must have done okay, The Thrill of it All has been in the top 3 since its release, and In the Lonely Hour is back in the top 30, and he has several singles in the charts as well.

:cool: Thanks for the info.
Wondering what is the next single to be released. Still good songs left to choose from yet. :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 pm

He's been at #7 for the past two weeks here in the US and his first album is #84.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 am

The Milkman wrote:He's been at #7 for the past two weeks here in the US and his first album is #84.

The album is #10 here.
Have you heard anything about a new single? I want to know which one is next.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 am

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:He's been at #7 for the past two weeks here in the US and his first album is #84.

The album is #10 here.
Have you heard anything about a new single? I want to know which one is next.


Nothing, I guess sales are still strong so they are waiting to release another one. I hope it's one of the more upbeat tracks on the album.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 am

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:He's been at #7 for the past two weeks here in the US and his first album is #84.

The album is #10 here.
Have you heard anything about a new single? I want to know which one is next.


Nothing, I guess sales are still strong so they are waiting to release another one. I hope it's one of the more upbeat tracks on the album.

I never thought of it like that. I'm just impatient for another single, but if I had to choose one I couldn't, because I like all the songs on the album. Hard to pic one.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 am

icy wrote:I never thought of it like that. I'm just impatient for another single, but if I had to choose one I couldn't, because I like all the songs on the album. Hard to pic one.



I bet it's One Last Song or Baby, You Make Me Crazy.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 am

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:I never thought of it like that. I'm just impatient for another single, but if I had to choose one I couldn't, because I like all the songs on the album. Hard to pic one.



I bet it's One Last Song or Baby, You Make Me Crazy.

I wouldn't mind if it ended up being one of those :cool:
I haven't purchased much music last year, but his album is my favorite. :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 pm

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:I never thought of it like that. I'm just impatient for another single, but if I had to choose one I couldn't, because I like all the songs on the album. Hard to pic one.



I bet it's One Last Song or Baby, You Make Me Crazy.

I wouldn't mind if it ended up being one of those :cool:
I haven't purchased much music last year, but his album is my favorite. :D


It's another solid album. I listened to it again today and I think I like it more than his debut.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:44 am

I don't know if I would put it above his first, because I have such a soft spot for it, but don't get me wrong, I think his latest is pretty good too. I'm pleased with it :D. Only thing is that it's so hard to pick only one favorite track from it :lol: at least for me :lol:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 am

I love his first album more. I've played it for the first time in a while, and maybe I'm biased because I have so many memories with that album, sending the album to my Uncle before he passed away, and one of our last chats was actually about Sam's music and how much we both loved it that's just one thing. Plus, I think the album will be a classic of this decade, and rightly so. The music is still strong.
I'm glad to be a Sam Smith fan. :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 am

My partner just gave me the best gift ever for my birthday!!! Tickets to Sam this summer!!!!
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am

The Milkman wrote:My partner just gave me the best gift ever for my birthday!!! Tickets to Sam this summer!!!!

:mrgreen: Nice!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16022
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 536 times

Re: Sam Smith

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 pm

The Thrill Of It All dropped out of the top ten for the first time in the US. It's time for another single!
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5806
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests