Adele -- 25 (New Album)

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Adele -- 25 (New Album)

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:40 pm

"Adele’s new single ahead of new album 25," October 19, 2015 12:36am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entert ... 7574478357
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: Adele -- 25 (New Album)

Postby Kes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks Adele and Sam Smith are in a similar marketplace.

Forgetting doing Bond themes, and forgetting the pair of them seem to walk away with more Grammys than the organisers make.

Good on her, but I think it means we're coming back into the season where one in every three records played on stations like Heart, is an Adele one, or change that to one in every two if you pencil in Sam Smith.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Two sharp pencils » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Kes wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks Adele and Sam Smith are in a similar marketplace.

Forgetting doing Bond themes, and forgetting the pair of them seem to walk away with more Grammys than the organisers make.

Good on her, but I think it means we're coming back into the season where one in every three records played on stations like Heart, is an Adele one, or change that to one in every two if you pencil in Sam Smith.

That's why I don't listen to Radio Stations like Heart or Capitol. If I do listen to the Radio, which is rarely, then I listen to my local station which is called Bob (used to be Jack) & they play everything & anything, 60's 70's, 80, 90s & current music, that IMO is how radio stations should be. Regarding Adele, if she produces more songs like " Someone like you " on 25 then I say bring it on........

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:32 pm

I can't wait to hear what her album will be like. Very much looking forward to it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby JLP » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

I bought 21 on the back of the one song. It is a good album, the sales figures prove that. I am keen to hear the new single.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby magicshoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:16 pm

I instantly got excited when I heard Adele had a new album coming out. Then I listened to the snippet of her single and realized that just like with Sam Smith I don't want another album from Adele filled with heartbreak and emotionally overwrought songs.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 pm

My son thinks there is definitely a big market out there for those sad songs about heartbreak. Most of down home country music is about those subjects as well. I guess it is the human condition that there is more sorrow than joy in our world. If it is beautiful and uplifting I like it, but I don't want to be dragged down into despair.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magicshoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 pm

CNB wrote:My son thinks there is definitely a big market out there for those sad songs about heartbreak. Most of down home country music is about those subjects as well. I guess it is the human condition that there is more sorrow than joy in our world. If it is beautiful and uplifting I like it, but I don't want to be dragged down into despair.

I don't think there is more sorrow than joy, I think people just focus more on the sorrow because when they are joyful they are busy enjoying it. Sorrow makes people wallow. and you know they say misery loves company.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 pm

magicshoes wrote:
CNB wrote:My son thinks there is definitely a big market out there for those sad songs about heartbreak. Most of down home country music is about those subjects as well. I guess it is the human condition that there is more sorrow than joy in our world. If it is beautiful and uplifting I like it, but I don't want to be dragged down into despair.

I don't think there is more sorrow than joy, I think people just focus more on the sorrow because when they are joyful they are busy enjoying it. Sorrow makes people wallow. and you know they say misery loves company.

That's true!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 pm

magicshoes wrote:I instantly got excited when I heard Adele had a new album coming out. Then I listened to the snippet of her single and realized that just like with Sam Smith I don't want another album from Adele filled with heartbreak and emotionally overwrought songs.

I don't know what the full song/album will be like, but the snippit has my interest. And it will be good to have her 'back'.
I don't think sorrow makes people wallow. It's a part of life there is sorrow in the world. Just think of all the music that wouldn't be written and sang, if not for sorrow and heartbreak. Sad songs can be just as empowering, powerful as happier ones.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby magicshoes » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:03 pm

icy wrote:
magicshoes wrote:I instantly got excited when I heard Adele had a new album coming out. Then I listened to the snippet of her single and realized that just like with Sam Smith I don't want another album from Adele filled with heartbreak and emotionally overwrought songs.

I don't know what the full song/album will be like, but the snippit has my interest. And it will be good to have her 'back'.
I don't think sorrow makes people wallow. It's a part of life there is sorrow in the world. Just think of all the music that wouldn't be written and sang, if not for sorrow and heartbreak. Sad songs can be just as empowering, powerful as happier ones.

what do you think sorrow makes people do icy, throw a party? of course sorrow is part of life and without it vast amounts of art, be it books, music, paintings, etc. would not exist because sadness does tend to make people introspective and bring out their creative side...however, that was not the point I was making. My point was Adele did her big "woe is me" album so perhaps going in a different direction would be smart.

Adele was smart to take almost 4 years off. She was overexposed towards the end of 21's cycle. Disappearing gave people a chance to miss her and crave her music again.

I was intrigued by the new song but mainly because I'm in love with Adele's voice. She could pretty much sing anything and I'd listen to it.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

My point is that you can have sad lyrics but a beautiful, inspiring and uplifting melody. Two Queen examples of that are "Who Wants To Live Forever" and "Save Me." I haven't felt that in Sam and Adele's songs.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm

CNB wrote:My point is that you can have sad lyrics but a beautiful, inspiring and uplifting melody. Two Queen examples of that are "Who Wants To Live Forever" and "Save Me." I haven't felt that in Sam and Adele's songs.

Is this going to be another vs thread?
Those 2 songs by Queen you mention are hardly what I'd call uplifting. They both are beautifully composed, sang and produced, both give me goosebumps in a good way after all this time.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby magicshoes » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:My point is that you can have sad lyrics but a beautiful, inspiring and uplifting melody. Two Queen examples of that are "Who Wants To Live Forever" and "Save Me." I haven't felt that in Sam and Adele's songs.

Those 2 songs by Queen you mention are hardly what I'd call uplifting. They both are beautifully composed, sang and produced, both give me goosebumps in a good way after all this time.

are you trying to moderate the discussion icy?

if CNB feels WWTLF and Save Me are uplifting who are you to say she is wrong?

I don't find either song particularly morose or depressing even though the subject matter is.

I also don't find Adele's music morose or depressing. I am soothed by her voice and the more I contemplate her next album the more excited I get.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:36 pm

magicshoes wrote:
icy wrote:

are you trying to moderate the discussion icy?

if CNB feels WWTLF and Save Me are uplifting who are you to say she is wrong?

I don't find either song particularly morose or depressing even though the subject matter is.

I also don't find Adele's music morose or depressing. I am soothed by her voice and the more I contemplate her next album the more excited I get.

I said those two songs are hardly what I'd call uplifting. My own views of it, so no not trying to moderate anything, let alone saying CNB is wrong. Read again what I posted.
As for her voice, IMO, it's one of the best I've heard in years. I've have had and still have my go to music, and hers is right up there with Queen, EJ, Annie Lennox and others.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free