Adele -- 25 (New Album)

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adele -- 25 (New Album)

Postby magicshoes » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:06 pm

YAFF wrote:
Montavilla wrote:
magicshoes wrote:Holy crap look at those numbers!!

25 sold 22,000 copies on vinyl LP -- the third-largest sales week in Nielsen history for an album on vinyl.

I was skeptical about that statistic (really, Thriller didn't sell more than 22,000 copies in a week?), but it turns out that Nielsen has only been tracking point-of-sales since 1991. So, that makes sense since in 1991 vinyl would have far less popular than... whatever cds are made of.

Adele's achievement is phenomenal but no regular album release has ever or will ever match "Thriller"

Do you really think Thriller sold 3.3 million copies in it's first week of release? No. It grew into the phenomenon that it is, it didn't start that way.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Milkman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:25 pm

magicshoes wrote:
YAFF wrote:
Adele's achievement is phenomenal but no regular album release has ever or will ever match "Thriller"

Do you really think Thriller sold 3.3 million copies in it's first week of release? No. It grew into the phenomenon that it is, it didn't start that way.

Hell no, but 25 will never match Thriller's sales.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:58 pm

I just listened to the new Coldplay album and it's so uplifting and positive it's sickening. :vomit2: I'll take Sam and Adele over that shit any day.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby magicshoes » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:48 am

The Milkman wrote:
magicshoes wrote:
YAFF wrote:

Hell no, but 25 will never match Thriller's sales.

world wide hell no but in the UK 21 outsold thriller and I wouldn't be surprised to see 25 sell similarity well there.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:03 am

Watching "Adele Live in New York" but she's obviously not live in New York since she was live in London yesterday. So far she has sung "Hello," "Set Fire To The Rain," "All I Ask" and "Skyfall."

Something weird happened at the end of her live performance of "Hello" on X Factor. She missed some words and started to laugh.

Singing "Someone Like You" now and "Million Years Ago"and "When We Were Young." The songs are so sad she made herself cry. Last song "Rolling In The Deep."

My son is here in another room and he said this show reminded him of when he was in college and filmed something for his radio/tv class called "songs that depress the hell out of me!" Too bad Adele wasn't around at that time! :lol:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magicshoes » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 am

well fuck! I forgot Adele was on tonight! I hope it shows up on demand so I can watch it later.

CNB, I admire your willingness to torture yourself listening to music and artists you clearly dislike just so you can continue to voice your dislike here again and again :roll:

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby Tarkus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 am

CNB wrote:Watching "Adele Live in New York" but she's obviously not live in New York since she was live in London yesterday. So far she has sung "Hello," "Set Fire To The Rain," "All I Ask" and "Skyfall."

Something weird happened at the end of her live performance of "Hello" on X Factor. She missed some words and started to laugh.

Singing "Someone Like You" now and "Million Years Ago"and "When We Were Young." The songs are so sad she made herself cry. Last song "Rolling In The Deep."

My son is here in another room and he said this show reminded him of when he was in college and filmed something for his radio/tv class called "songs that depress the hell out of me!" Too bad Adele wasn't around at that time! :lol:

:lol: I love a quote that Clive James wrote about Adele in The Guardian...

Clive James wrote:It could be said that Adele is Mama Cass born again, but she needs a song to match her voice. I have listened several times to her smash hit, Hello. I was hoping that the shapely beauty of her opening phrase would hook me for what remains of my forever. But the opening phrase never really arrives. The whole number is one of those big ballads in which the singer whispers her way through a verse section that hasn’t got a melody and then goes soaring and bellowing into a chorus section that hasn’t got a melody either. The virtuosity leaves you yawning with admiration.

Tarkus

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:26 am

To be fair, Adele told the Radio City Music Hall audience that she had been very nervous because it was her first time performing live in 4 years. At the end they showed her going into an elevator and hugging someone and sobbing out loud! It's one thing to sell 3 million albums in the U.S. and another to perform those songs live which I'm sure is not easy even when you have been doing it on a regular basis.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:41 am

CNB wrote:To be fair, Adele told the Radio City Music Hall audience that she had been very nervous because it was her first time performing live in 4 years. At the end they showed her going into an elevator and hugging someone and sobbing out loud! It's one thing to sell 3 million albums in the U.S. and another to perform those songs live which I'm sure is not easy even when you have been doing it on a regular basis.

I'm not having a go at you, but I recently watched her Live In London. I thought that was live singing. She sounded great there.
I'm going to record Live In New York. Will likely watch it in the next few days(will start in 20 mins here) and I am looking forward to it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm not sure but I think Adele must have recorded the Live in New York show a while ago when her album first came out and she was making a lot of TV appearances in NYC. So I think that might have taken place before the Live in London event. She sounded fine, icy. She thanked the NYC audience for coming and that it was her first time in 4 years. She looked relieved when it was over and got very emotional before her last song. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying that performing live isn't easy and that it is different than putting out a studio album that sells like hotcakes. She is loved no doubt about it. But she doesn't have to work as hard to promote her albums as others who are trying to be successful. She said she is looking forward to touring so I hope that works out well for her this time around.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 pm

CNB wrote:I'm not sure but I think Adele must have recorded the Live in New York show a while ago when her album first came out and she was making a lot of TV appearances in NYC. So I think that might have taken place before the Live in London event. She sounded fine, icy. She thanked the NYC audience for coming and that it was her first time in 4 years. She looked relieved when it was over and got very emotional before her last song. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying that performing live isn't easy and that it is different than putting out a studio album that sells like hotcakes. She is loved no doubt about it. But she doesn't have to work as hard to promote her albums as others who are trying to be successful. She said she is looking forward to touring so I hope that works out well for her this time around.

Apparently it was filmed last month.
I watched a part of it. She blew me away with When We Were Young and I can't wait to watch the whole thing.
She does work hard. She has and is making a huge comeback after 4 years away. I think her success was incredible back then, even now, I think its incredible, she is letting the music do the talking instead of body parts getting press/attention. That alone, I say good for her, but God can she ever sing. No kidding, I literally get goosebumps when I hear/watch her.
Is there anything you liked?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:13 pm

I like "Set Fire To The Rain" (I liked it 4 years ago better than "Someone Like You") and liked this performance of "Skyfall" whereas I didn't like that one before. I'm not blown away by the new songs I've heard so far.

I really LOVE the girl who won X Factor (Louisa Johnson) this year. She gives Leona Lewis a challenge (and Adele) for powerful vocals. But I admit there is something unique in Adele's tone that I have not been able to decide whether or not I like it. Crazy, huh? She affects me the same way Sam does so it's not surprising to me that he has been compared to her.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Oh my God. That was a wonderful show/set. :mouth:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magicshoes » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:37 pm

I was able to watch Adele's Live from New York show last night on demand and it did not disappoint! She's so fantastic! Her voice just slays me every single time and when you add in her humor and personality she's just an all around superstar!

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:05 am

I'm wondering how much Adele fans are willing to pay to see her perform live this year in America, the UK and Europe. Does $14,600 for Row 1 in Section B at the Palace of Auburn Hills sound reasonable? :lol: :P
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Another World