Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Montavilla wrote: What I recall is that he said he was working on an album, and sort of dodged RuPaul's question about "superstar" producers. Maybe because he doesn't have any, or maybe because that's kind of an obnoxious question.

I heard that part but then it cuts out. I don't think it was because it was an "obnoxious" question because Adam talked about all the people he worked with on his other albums with no problem at all. When he was recording Trespassing I said he must be having problems with his label and a lot of the Glamberts thought I was just saying that to cause trouble. Well, he pretty much admitted to that in this interview. When he was recording Trespassing I said it sounds like Max Martin just hired a bunch of people to to write songs for Adam and he just sang the tunes. The Glamberts didn't like that too much either but Adam pretty much says that in this interview. Sure Adam might have changed a word or two but he says that was Max's project and he hired the songwriters. To be honest it doesn't look like WB is doing much with this new project so I can't wait to see what happens.

I think reality has hit Adam in the face and he has learned to accept it.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:16 pm

The Milkman wrote:I don't think it was because it was an "obnoxious" question because Adam talked about all the people he worked with on his other albums with no problem at all.

I think it's an obnoxious question because:

• It makes Adam (or anyone asked that question) sort out the people he's currently working with into "superstar" producers and something lesser. That kind of thinking is not at all helpful to whatever process he has going on with the project.

• It puts anyone he's currently working with in competition with people he's worked with in the past. Any names he mentions are going to be fodder for fans to fight about in terms of whether they match up to Max Martin.

* It puts him in the position of having to defend himself from accusations of going down in the world if his current producer/s are not sufficiently A-list for RuPaul or his fans (or anti-fans).

I'm not mad at RuPaul for asking the question. It's kind of his thing to ask mildly obnoxious questions. But I don't see any upside for Adam to answer it.
The Milkman wrote:I think reality has hit Adam in the face and he has learned to accept it.

Which is something that happens to everyone. I don't know why you think it would be any different for Adam Lambert.

Actually, I think Adam has been pretty grounded for the past seven years -- with the occasional blind spot. Like insisting on that first album cover. Or, wanting to wear a flaming headdress in the Zodiac Show.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Milkman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Montavilla wrote:I think it's an obnoxious question because:

• It makes Adam (or anyone asked that question) sort out the people he's currently working with into "superstar" producers and something lesser. That kind of thinking is not at all helpful to whatever process he has going on with the project.

• It puts anyone he's currently working with in competition with people he's worked with in the past. Any names he mentions are going to be fodder for fans to fight about in terms of whether they match up to Max Martin.

* It puts him in the position of having to defend himself from accusations of going down in the world if his current producer/s are not sufficiently A-list for RuPaul or his fans (or anti-fans).

. Adam didn't have any problems naming names when RuPaul asked Adam which superstars he worked with on his earlier album so that makes me think he's not working with any on this new album. If they are not big name producers and writers they are less than superstar status until they make a big impact. That's not obnoxious at all IMO because Max Martin started off as a lesser known producer/writer.

. It will be hard to match up to Max Martin and it sounds like he's not working with him this time even though he said he wanted to. WB not paying for Max? I think that's a good thing because Max's sound is getting boring.

. That's one of the major problems of not being able to write your own songs and having to rely too much on other producers and writers.

The question is a pretty normal question for anyone and it was a good one. I would like to know who he's working with on this new album and I'm sure a lot of Adam fans would like to know also. The fact that he seemed to dodge it is eye opening.
Last edited by The Milkman on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Montavilla wrote:Actually, I think Adam has been pretty grounded for the past seven years -- with the occasional blind spot. Like insisting on that first album cover. Or, wanting to wear a flaming headdress in the Zodiac Show.

He's getting better.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Montavilla wrote:Which is something that happens to everyone. I don't know why you think it would be any different for Adam Lamber.

I didn't say it was different for him. He should have been ready for it because that's what happens to the Idol contestants. He says he was reaching for something that was unattainable and now he's ready to put out what he wants. Hell, I knew that from day one. :lol:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:53 am

The Milkman wrote: I would like to know who he's working with on this new album and I'm sure a lot of Adam fans would like to know also. The fact that he seemed to dodge it is eye opening.

Well, it's more usual for him to dodge that question than it is for him to answer it. He probably talked about Max Martin on The Original High, although I don't remember. But, in the past, talking about potential collaborators got him in trouble, because the songs didn't always make the album, and then the fans would get all upset.

But I dare say you're right that he's not working with the A-list producers any more.

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Montavilla » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:58 am

The Milkman wrote:
Montavilla wrote:Which is something that happens to everyone. I don't know why you think it would be any different for Adam Lamber.

I didn't say it was different for him. He should have been ready for it because that's what happens to the Idol contestants. He says he was reaching for something that was unattainable and now he's ready to put out what he wants. Hell, I knew that from day one. :lol:

Well, see, he should have listened to you and never tried for anything at all. :P

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Another World