Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue May 15, 2018 1:06 am

I wonder if Adam ever did any underage drinking....that would be Lambert violating the Beer Law! :P

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby CNB » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm

There it is again—the gay thing! That’s why Adam Lambert has had such a difficult time being accepted by some in HIS solo career even though he has more than proven himself in the past 6 years as the new front man for Queen!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby TheHero » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 pm

CNB wrote:
There it is again—the gay thing! That’s why Adam Lambert has had such a difficult time being accepted by some in HIS solo career even though he has more than proven himself in the past 6 years as the new front man for Queen!

That is all they want to write about , they don't care about the music.. they never did! Not in 1973, and not in 2018.
Last edited by TheHero on Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 pm

CNB wrote:

How does this come around to AL again? :o
Freddie was on his deathbed being hounded by the tabloids. AL never went through half of what Freddie did.
Last edited by icy on Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby YAFF » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm

CNB wrote:

Riiiiiight. Really hurts Sam Smith and Elton John too, huh? Nice try. ;)
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby EDWOOD » Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:

How does this come around to AL again? :o

I was thinking the same thing Icy. No matter what the subject/s on this website CNB always manages to include Adam Lambert in it. Is she his manager or something? :lol:

EDWOOD
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Moved several posts from the film thread to the more appropriate thread. CNB if you must spam this site with your fan girl rubbish, please stay in the right threads.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Writergirl » Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 pm

CNB wrote:That’s why Adam Lambert has had such a difficult time being accepted by some in HIS solo career even though he has more than proven himself in the past 6 years as the new front man for Queen!

Being a front man for another band, singing basically covers of THEIR music, is why Adam's solo career has stalled. He barely even has a solo career!

Writergirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Writergirl wrote:
CNB wrote:That’s why Adam Lambert has had such a difficult time being accepted by some in HIS solo career even though he has more than proven himself in the past 6 years as the new front man for Queen!

Being a front man for another band, singing basically covers of THEIR music, is why Adam's solo career has stalled. He barely even has a solo career!

Adam’s solo career isn’t “stalled” or being held back because of touring with Queen. The point of my post was that he has not always been accepted because of being open about his sexuality.

It’s getting better but even an icon and legend like Freddie is looked at by some for his orientation and not his massive talent!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm

CNB wrote:
Writergirl wrote:

Adam’s solo career isn’t “stalled” or being held back because of touring with Queen. The point of my post was that he has not always been accepted because of being open about his sexuality.

It’s getting better but even an icon and legend like Freddie is looked at by some for his orientation and not his massive talent!

Well, it's easy to assume where AL's pirotities lie. Not his solo music, IMO.
Don't know what you are getting at by Freddie being looked at for his orientation and not his talent. I think Freddie was/is known for his music than his orientation.
And you really can't compare what Freddie went through to what AL went through. "The gay thing" :roll:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Adam is still going through it including the people in this forum who don’t accept him.

Why are you picking on me and not the posters in the biopic thread who are making some pretty negative remarks about Freddie?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:02 pm

CNB wrote:

I don’t agree that often with you CNB, and although I wouldn’t call it „the gay thing“, I also saw big similarities between the linked article and Adam.

The similarity is, that the film is accused of downplaying Freddie’s sexuality, in order to „sell“ the movie. That’s even more clear in this statement by Bryan Fuller (a gay director) : http://www.nme.com/news/film/bryan-full ... er-2315873

Adam (or rather his management) had been accused of downplaying his gayness in order to be accepted by the masses in the beginning of his career as well. And it still happens from time to time. And it’s always members of the gay community, who start these accusations
(while others state, he was too gay...).

For everyone interested: Here is a link to an article about these accusations towards Adam made in 2009.
http://www.google.de/amp/s/www.mediaite ... nough/amp/

Some people of the queer community simply wish, that the film (and/or Adam) represent them boldly and proudly. But that’s a balancing act. Everybody has different views of „how to be gay“ and after all: the film (and Adam as an artist) need to be commercially successful. (And remind: We only saw a trailer ;) ).
Last edited by Nicki79 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

CNB wrote:Adam is still going through it including the people in this forum who don’t accept him.

Why are you picking on me and not the posters in the biopic thread who are making some pretty negative remarks about Freddie?

Are you implying that people in this form doesn't accept Adam because he is gay?!
I'm not picking on you.
What negative remarks about Freddie?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Adam is still going through it including the people in this forum who don’t accept him.

Are you implying that people in this form doesn't accept Adam because he is gay?!
I'm not picking on you.

I‘m wondering about that as well. I know, that there are members in this forum, who don’t like Adam, his voice or him fronting Queen. But I haven’t seen homophobic comments. And about Freddie?

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:

I'm not picking on you.

I‘m wondering about that as well. I know, that there are members in this forum, who don’t like Adam, his voice or him fronting Queen. But I haven’t seen homophobic comments. And about Freddie?

Believe me, I can honestly say I've ever seen in over 10 yeas of being a member here, there was only one homophobic post. That was about Freddie, not AL.
Not liking AL's voice, costumes, music, antics isn't homophobia. Thank you and a credit to you for understanding that.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Another World