Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:13 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
The Milkman wrote:When does it stop being Queen? If Brian quits or dies could Roger continue on as Queen? To me it’s ridiculous to think that part of something is Queen no matter what they play.

It‘s their band, so their decision. But I somehow doubt, that one of them will go on as Queen, if one of them quits.
Another question: Would you call it Queen, if John was still playing with them?

Nope! The Doors were not the Doors without Jim Morrison and all of the rest of acts that continue on are not what they claim to be.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:17 pm

BTW That question was for you. Would you say a Roger only show claiming to be Queen was Queen?

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 pm

The Milkman wrote:BTW That question was for you. Would you say a Roger only show claiming to be Queen was Queen?

No. And I cannot see Roger doing that. Neither Brian. But together they can still generate the Queen sound.

To come back to topic (we are in the Adam thread after all): Adam said, he will never record under the name of Queen, because that’s not what they are.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 pm

The Milkman wrote:This is not a jab at Adam at all. Brian and Roger have been using the Queen brand inappropriately for quite some time IMHO.

Agreed. I like ( :tomato: ) the Five version of WWWRY from 2000,:but I wouldn't call it Queen because it wasn't. Q+PR wasn't Queen, and I liked that.
AL isn't the frontman for Queen or replaced Freddie at all. He says he's a guest, but I know many out there feel AL is the new frontman.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby The Milkman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
The Milkman wrote:BTW That question was for you. Would you say a Roger only show claiming to be Queen was Queen?

No. And I cannot see Roger doing that. Neither Brian. But together they can still generate the Queen sound.

Roger could get Marc and the boys from Queen Extravaganza and it would sound more like Queen than what Brian and Roger are doing now. Of course it wouldn't be Queen but Brian and Roger aren't Queen as well.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:23 am

I know, it’s not news, but this video is too cute, not to share. And it has been shared by Adam’s publicist (link), so I think it’s OK: Adam coming home from the tour and getting his dog Pharaoh from his dad (who posted that video.) That dog is more than a bit happy to have him back . :lol: :D

Link: http://twitter.com/shoshannastone/statu ... 21472?s=21

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm

New interview (posted today): http://vmagazine.com/article/pop-ed-adam-lambert/

He speaks a bit about his new music. I get the feeling, his management is somehow trying to rebrand him or something like that with all these new interviews.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Since Adam and Sam Smith had often been compared in this forum, here is a picture of them. From yesterday in „The Abbey“ in West Hollywood. Posted by Adam on Instagram. They are friends/sisters.
(By the way: Where is CNB? I think, she had often been a part of these discussions.)
Attachments
7756A132-65BB-46F3-A962-7636B4F9A595.jpeg

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby fairydandy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Lambert and Malek talking about the film. At the end is a video interview with Rami and more about the film. I‘m not sure, if it had been posted.
http://www.etonline.com/adam-lambert-ex ... -exclusive

Why doesn't Lambert shut the fuck up?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby sharon20 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Lambert and Malek talking about the film. At the end is a video interview with Rami and more about the film. I‘m not sure, if it had been posted.
http://www.etonline.com/adam-lambert-ex ... -exclusive

Why should he?

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:34 am

He‘s doing promo for QAL in Vegas. And apparently he has been asked about the movie as well. So he actually did US-promo for the shows with Queen and the Queen movie. Nothing wrong with that.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby sharon20 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 am

Nicki79 wrote:He‘s doing promo for QAL in Vegas. And apparently he has been asked about the movie as well. So he actually did US-promo for the shows with Queen and the Queen movie. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I saw one or two similar comments on facebook but they clearly hadn't read the interview. They said they'd seen the movie and asked if he had and what he thought of it. Also asked him why he wasn't playing Freddie. All he really said was he'd seen bits of it, met Rami who's a great actor, the band are excited about it and that he sounds and looks nothing like Freddie so wouldn't have been considered to play him and he thought they made a good choice with Rami and that he'd done a good job. All standard stuff you would be likely to answer when asked, nothing wrong with any of it.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:51 am

"Marc Martel is a Freddie Mercury impersonator" says Lambert. That line really annoys me. Marc Martel is a LOT more than that. In this movie he obviously try to sound like Freddie as much as he can. Lambert deliberately tries to create this picture of Martel only being a cheap impersonator I feel. Martel does things Lambert could only dream of doing when it comes to songwriting, playing the piano and even singing. Martel is a genuin solid guy. The irony is that Lambert in lot of ways tries to immitate Freddie much more than Martel does on stage. Lambert tries to be camp as Freddie, and do outragous costumes. The only problem is that everything he does comes across as he is trying way too hard.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby sharon20 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

Another_Roger wrote:"Marc Martel is a Freddie Mercury impersonator" says Lambert. That line really annoys me. Marc Martel is a LOT more than that. In this movie he obviously try to sound like Freddie as much as he can. Lambert deliberately tries to create this picture of Martel only being a cheap impersonator I feel. Martel does things Lambert could only dream of doing when it comes to songwriting, playing the piano and even singing. Martel is a genuin solid guy. The irony is that Lambert in lot of ways tries to immitate Freddie much more than Martel does on stage. Lambert tries to be camp as Freddie, and do outragous costumes. The only problem is that everything he does comes across as he is trying way too hard.

That is the first time I've ever heard Adam even mention Marc and in the context of the movie he is an impersonator, recreating Freddie's vocals. How do you know Adam meant anything bad by it, it's not easy impersonating someone's voice, especially someone like Freddie.

As to him imitating Freddie, no way, he's always been that kind of camp flamboyant performer, ever see the Zodiac show? That was long before he became known and was even thought of for Queen, he's spent his whole life on stage doing theatrical stuff and he makes no secret of the fact he loves to dress up in crazy clothes and always has, the Queen thing just gives him a chance to go over the top and that's one reason he loves it so much.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 am

fairydandy wrote:

Dandy, Love, why don't you give it a rest? You're like a fucking broken record. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

PreviousNext

Return to Another World