Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:13 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Am I reading this right? Are you saying nothing was released on WB from any of their artists? If so, what time frame are we talking about because I know Neil Young released one in September and one in December.

I just looked at the albums released in 2017 and see a few released by Warner and some of Warner's other labels all year long.

Then I stand corrected about the other artists releases. Sorry, I don’t know much about how label‘s work. Here is a link to the change at Warner. They were without „head“ from July to September. And it was speculated by fans, that the plans for Adam’s music from EP to an album changed with the people in charge. It would definitely fit into that timeframe.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... ron-strang

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Writergirl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 am

"- Since then, Adam is recording again, when he has the time."

When he has the time? What else is he doing? Not asking to be snarky, I don't know what else he has on his plate. Is he doing a TV show or something?

Writergirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 am

Writergirl wrote:"- Since then, Adam is recording again, when he has the time."

When he has the time? What else is he doing? Not asking to be snarky, I don't know what else he has on his plate. Is he doing a TV show or something?

Touring with a little band called Queen? ;) It had been about 3 months this second half of 2017.

And apparently (at least it’s the hottest rumour among his fans right now), he will be starring in NBC‘s live musical “Jesus Christ Superstar“ on Easter Sunday. They are anxious to hear, that he‘s announced as Judas. We should know in a few days. Adam’s latest online activity is really hinting, that this will indeed happen.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 am

Nicki79 wrote:
Writergirl wrote:"- Since then, Adam is recording again, when he has the time."

Touring with a little band called Queen? ;) It had been about 3 months this second half of 2017.

And apparently (at least it’s the hottest rumour among his fans right now), he will be starring in NBC‘s live musical “Jesus Christ Superstar“ on Easter Sunday. They are anxious to hear, that he‘s announced as Judas. We should know in a few days. Adam’s latest online activity is really hinting, that this will indeed happen.

Right now, all it is is a rumor. Fans aren't in any position to know. And, as far as I can tell the rumors are based on reading sub-atomic amounts of tea leaves.

Mind you, I'd love for it to be true. But I'm going to wait until the NBC announces the rest of the cast before I get my hopes up.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 am

Sara Bareilles has been announced for the part of Mary Magdeline.

I was so busy in 2015 I totally missed Adam’s appearance on “The Talk” Show:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kK4acPOs_FQ
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 am

Montavilla wrote:
Right now, all it is is a rumor. Fans aren't in any position to know. And, as far as I can tell the rumors are based on reading sub-atomic amounts of tea leaves.

Mind you, I'd love for it to be true. But I'm going to wait until the NBC announces the rest of the cast before I get my hopes up.

Rumour, yes. And since I‘m not a fan of the musical, I would be glad, if it wouldn’t be true. I would rather want the album finished.
But by now, it’s (unfortunately for me) more than likely. The rumor is mostly based on his last followings on twitter. And that’s what Adam usually does, when he is going to start working with others. He followed the Regisseur, weeks before he was announced. By now he’s following many people that will be involved, some just added today.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:14 am

Nicki79 wrote:
Montavilla wrote:

Rumour, yes. And since I‘m not a fan of the musical, I would be glad, if it wouldn’t be true. I would rather want the album finished.
But by now, it’s (unfortunately for me) more than likely. The rumor is mostly based on his last followings on twitter. And that’s what Adam usually does, when he is going to start working with others. He followed the Regisseur, weeks before he was announced. By now he’s following many people that will be involved, some just added today.

Oh boy. I remember watching the musical a few years back. It made the hairs on my neck stand up, not in a good way. :cold:.
Anyways, if he gets the part...or not, only time will tell. I'd rather he focus on his music too. I think at times he has too many things in the pot at once. I'm hoping this won't be one of those times.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm

This is why Adam wants the part of Judas — he likes to perform the song “Heaven On Their Minds” .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6jwOWiOz5k

Back in the ‘90’s I took my kids to see the 20th anniversary of the live stage show of JCS with the original cast of Ted Neeley, Carl Anderson, Irene Cara and Dennis Deyoung as Herod. Needless to say that cast was spectacular! Ted Neeley gave goosebumps with his moving rendition of “Gethsemane!”
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 pm

I like Jesus Christ Superstar, even though it's always felt a little dramatically unsatisfying to me. The songs are terrific.

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:07 pm

CNB wrote:This is why Adam wants the part of Judas — he likes to perform the song “Heaven On Their Minds” .....

Back in the ‘90’s I took my kids to see the 20th anniversary of the live stage show of JCS with the original cast of Ted Neeley, Carl Anderson, Irene Cara and Dennis Deyoung as Herod. Needless to say that cast was spectacular! Ted Neeley gave goosebumps with his moving rendition of “Gethsemane!”

That must have been amazing. I heard the cast album for that 20th anniversary show, and I thought Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson sounded so much richer than they had in the original.

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Montavilla wrote:
CNB wrote:This is why Adam wants the part of Judas — he likes to perform the song “Heaven On Their Minds” .....

That must have been amazing. I heard the cast album for that 20th anniversary show, and I thought Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson sounded so much richer than they had in the original.

Yes, it was VERY amazing! I absolutely thrive on LIVE stage shows compared to videos and recordings. Besides the wonderful vocals what has stayed with me from this show was the outstanding staging, especially the Last Supper scene. The cast literally danced onto the stage holding this huge, flowing white cloth above their heads that eventually became the tablecloth for the Last Supper table! It was so powerful it is forever embedded in my memory!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AngelR » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm

You're so lucky, CNB!
I'm looking forward to seeing this production regardless whether Adam is involved or not. It was my mum's favourite musical and I know it inside out.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 pm

AngelR wrote:You're so lucky, CNB!
I'm looking forward to seeing this production regardless whether Adam is involved or not. It was my mum's favourite musical and I know it inside out.

I’m wondering if John Legend can do this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEVwwB3Iw0
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AngelR » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:23 pm

CNB wrote:
AngelR wrote:You're so lucky, CNB!

I’m wondering if John Legend can do this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEVwwB3Iw0

No, it's impossible but I'm sure he can do his own version. He wouldn't have been chosen otherwise. ALW's involvement assures a very high quality of the production.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby liliane » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Just joining in to say that I am really excited with the possibility of Adam playing Judas on live TV alongside John Legend and Sara Bareilles! I've heard Superstar and Heaven On Their Minds but nothing else and do not plan to so as not to be spoiled this time around :) So if some of you don't mind, how and when did you become a fan of Adam's snd which is your favorite album and song of his? Just wondering :)

liliane
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Another World