Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Two artists that were on Idol after Adam sold more than Adam and both of them have zero global power. That is strange to me but the US is the top market for album sales.

Are these numbers only for the US? Adam sold more albums of TOH outside of the US by the way.

The Wall Street Journal said total album sales and not just US. How many copies of TOH were sold outside of the US? I could never find any numbers for that so I'm curious.

I've asked several Glamberts about Trespassing's sales and TOH's sales but none of them could find any numbers.
Last edited by The Milkman on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 pm

CNB wrote:Nicki, someday when they experience the magic of Adam LIVE, they will have to admit that he is anything but karaoke!

CNB, maybe you should accept, that not everybody likes Adam and especially his singing and his style of performing. That’s not bad, it’s just not their thing. And the great thing about it: other people, who want to see him (like me), have a better chance to get a great space at his concerts. :lol:
Just relax, Adam is fine!

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:09 pm

The Milkman wrote:Two artists that were on Idol after Adam sold more than Adam and both of them have zero global power. That is strange to me but the US is the top market for album sales.

Oh wow. Which artists were they? I didn't follow American Idol in it's last few years.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
And we will see, what his new management has planned for him. „Philymack“ is no label. Adam is still with Warner. Philymack is his new management (before that he was with „direct management“ -together with Katy Perry by the way.) Maybe they are able to „promote“ him in the US. They did a great job with Nick Jonas, I’ve heard. In my opinion, he could become a “star“, if he has real hits in the USA. OR if he’s successfully (re)introduced through TV- or film-appearances (his new Spotify-bio hints in that direction for 2018 as well). Adam is already played in many countries. If he’s played regularly in the US, it would take him „over the hump“, so to say. Because the US-market is where the music industry of the Western world i:

Philymack isn't a label but Phil McIntyre (CEO of Philymack) created a label with Jonas and Lovato. I'm just wondering if Adam is about to switch to that label or will he still be on WB when album four comes out. He was talking about a rock album and then a blues type album but apparently that has been scratched. Now he's saying he's doing what he wants to do and he doesn't care who likes it. That sounds like Safehouse's goal.

“put artists in control of their art while providing them the best tools to manage their careers”

And Lambert doesn't give Two Fux :yu: so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with. Too bad the rock and blues idea has been shelved, because I would have liked to see him branch out more.
If his new music doesn't catch on, it will be down to him. He might be shooting himself in the foot by not caring who likes it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Total albums sales: 2,115,000

His debut sold less than 900,000 and his last two albums sold less than 200,000 in the US, so it would have to be global sales.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:23 pm

icy wrote:

Oh wow. Which artists were they? I didn't follow American Idol in it's last few years.

I think it was Phillip Phillips and Scotty McCreery.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:26 pm

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:

I think it was Phillip Phillips and Scotty McCreery.

Ah, those two. :cool:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:27 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:

Are these numbers only for the US? Adam sold more albums of TOH outside of the US by the way.

The Wall Street Journal said total album sales and not just US. How many copies of TOH were sold outside of the US? I could never find any numbers for that so I'm curious.

I've asked several Glamberts about Trespassing's sales and TOH's sales but none of them could find any numbers.

I posted yesterday, what I found about Trespassing and TOH-sales.
As for international sales, that‘s what I found on adamtopia just now:
World Wide
7/4/15 (Debut) 69,000
7/11/15  (wk2) 24,000 (93,000 total)

Read more: http://adamtopia.com/thread/3928/origin ... z5AnFeHnV0

Problems: It’s only the first two weeks, I don’t see a source and I have no idea, what countries are involved. I think, the US is included here and Asia is mostly missing. Without certification and with all the streaming included,it’s mostly guessing. But if you are really interested, the two girls, who are running the „number‘s thread“ over there, might be able to help you.

The numbers for Ghost Town are easier to find, because it went gold and platinum in several countries.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
Problems: It’s only the first two weeks, I don’t see a source and I have no idea, what countries are involved. I think, the US is included here and Asia is mostly missing. Without certification and with all the streaming included,it’s mostly guessing. But if you are really interested, the two girls, who are running the „number‘s thread“ over there, might be able to help you.

The numbers for Ghost Town are easier to find, because it went gold and platinum in several countries.

Right, I have all of that but the numbers still don't add up to more than the US. I thought you had some concrete numbers.

Remember, it only takes 5-10K to go platinum in those countries. Talking about TOH and not GT.
Last edited by The Milkman on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:30 pm

The Milkman wrote:Total albums sales: 2,115,000

His debut sold less than 900,000 and his last two albums sold less than 200,000 in the US, so it would have to be global sales.

Right. Thanks for your answer!

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:31 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:

Right, I have all of that but the numbers still don't add up to more than the US. I thought you had some concrete numbers.

Remember, it only takes 5-10K to go platinum in those countries.

In my country it’s 200.000 to go gold. Like Ghost Town did.
And yes, I didn’t see at first that worldwide must include the US-numbers. Sorry, my mistake.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Nicki79 wrote:In my country it’s 200.000 to go gold. Like Ghost Town did.
And yes, I didn’t see at first that worldwide must include the US-numbers. Sorry, my mistake.

:lol: You beat me, I was talking about TOH album and I noticed you said GT. How many copies of an album does it take to go gold? 5K?

EDIT: I see it's 100,000 for Gold and 200,000 for Platinum.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
CNB wrote:Nicki, someday when they experience the magic of Adam LIVE, they will have to admit that he is anything but karaoke!

CNB, maybe you should accept, that not everybody likes Adam and especially his singing and his style of performing. That’s not bad, it’s just not their thing. And the great thing about it: other people, who want to see him (like me), have a better chance to get a great space at his concerts. :lol:
Just relax, Adam is fine!

I know! And I am fine, too! And very relaxed! Watched Freddie and Steven Tyler last night and Adam is right up there with the best of ‘em!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Music piracy is out of control in Asia so those numbers won't be much at all. At one time they were saying almost 100% of music downloads in China are pirated.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:43 pm

The Milkman wrote:

Philymack isn't a label but Phil McIntyre (CEO of Philymack) created a label with Jonas and Lovato. I'm just wondering if Adam is about to switch to that label or will he still be on WB when album four comes out. He was talking about a rock album and then a blues type album but apparently that has been scratched. Now he's saying he's doing what he wants to do and he doesn't care who likes it. That sounds like Safehouse's goal.

“put artists in control of their art while providing them the best tools to manage their careers”

Yes, this sounds indeed interesting. I haven’t heard anything though, that indicates, that Adam is changing his label. A fan, who works for WB in the promotion-department, mentioned about 2 months ago, that the glamberts should stay tuned and that „the machine was starting to roll“ (or something to that extent :lol: ). She sounded very excited, but couldn’t say more. And she has always been right, so I would call her a good source. All that indicates, that Adam is still with WB.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Another World