Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 am

Nicki79 wrote:So, Adam DID spill the beans and announced the Vegas Engagement on Kelly&Ryan :lol: .
Here is the full interview (includes talk about the GLAAD-award-apperance and other things as well):
phpBB [video]

One thing I took away from that, and I don't know if it was up to him or Melissa, but I wish they had time to rehearse more. Their duet was a bit all over the place, IMO. I'm wishing I could like it more.
Busy couple of days for him. Gears are grinding. Music by the end of the year, I wonder how close it is to being finished?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:56 am

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:So, Adam DID spill the beans and announced the Vegas Engagement on Kelly&Ryan :lol: .
Here is the full interview (includes talk about the GLAAD-award-apperance and other things as well):
phpBB [video]

One thing I took away from that, and I don't know if it was up to him or Melissa, but I wish they had time to rehearse more. Their duet was a bit all over the place, IMO. I'm wishing I could like it more.
Busy couple of days for him. Gears are grinding. Music by the end of the year, I wonder how close it is to being finished?

Longer interview - Build series, talks a bit about his album etc.

https://youtu.be/8ZifvkjHJzk

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am

Here is a better video of the Melissa/Adam duet:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... 6J8REMK5EA
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 am

CNB wrote:Here is a better video of the Melissa/Adam duet:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... 6J8REMK5EA

Did you really have to link to the same performance that was in the other link you posted? Anyways, I still stand by what I said about it. More rehearsal time was needed and I feel this duet wasn't pulled off well at all...and that goes for them both. I'm kind of bummed, because it could have been much better than how it actually was.
* IMO *
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Montavilla » Wed May 09, 2018 5:01 am

I liked that Build series interview. There's some good questions about QAL. I liked the question about who Adam thought could be his replacement in the band.

I agree with Icy that the Melissa/Adam duet was a bit all over the place. I hope they continue to work together though, because I think they'd mesh better the more they do.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 am

Montavilla wrote:I liked that Build series interview. There's some good questions about QAL. I liked the question about who Adam thought could be his replacement in the band.

I agree with Icy that the Melissa/Adam duet was a bit all over the place. I hope they continue to work together though, because I think they'd mesh better the more they do.

I had high hopes for the duet even though I knew there would be little rehearsal time. I think if there was more time or another song in the M.E back catalogue, it could have been better. Angels Would Fall...might have been better. Come To My Window is one of her best known songs however.
Montavilla, quick question because I forget. Has AL sang a Melissa Etheridge cover before?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 am

Montavilla wrote:I liked that Build series interview. There's some good questions about QAL. I liked the question about who Adam thought could be his replacement in the band.

I had high hopes for the duet even though I knew there would be little rehearsal time. I think if there was more time or another song in the M.E back catalogue, it could have been better. Angels Would Fall...might have been better. Come To My Window is one of her best known songs however.
Montavilla, quick question because I forget. Has AL sang a Melissa Etheridge cover before?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 am

icy wrote:

To be honest the second I heard they were doing the duet I thought it wouldn't work, their voices are just too different and that particular song wasn't really designed to work as a duet. Adam said they had one run through and just decided to wing it. I think being at GLAAD and it not being some major tv appearance they just decided to have fun and not care too much about making it polished. It won't be making my playlist. I've never heard Adam do any of her songs before. She suggested they do a duet back in 2014 due to loads of fans saying they should so it looks like they finally decided to do it but for me they just don't work together. I actually prefer Adam on his own than singing with others, so not in a hurry to have him do any more duet's.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Fri May 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I like this duet with Angie Miller the best:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmzvr4_fS0
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby BrandonSquared » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 am

So, is there any kind of word on whether they are having a regular tour beyond Vegas this spring/summer?

BrandonSquared
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Sat May 12, 2018 5:58 am

I'm not aware of Adam singing any Melissa Etheridge songs before. I usually like him in a duet, because I think he's a good, generous singing partner.

But, I'd kind of like to hear him singing a duet that's actually written as a duet once in a while. I did like his duet of "Titanium" with Angie Miller, and "Girl Crush" with Leona Lewis.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby sharon20 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:58 am

BrandonSquared wrote:So, is there any kind of word on whether they are having a regular tour beyond Vegas this spring/summer?

Nothing mentioned beyond the Vegas gig. Adam said he'd have new music out by the end of the year so unless he just means a single I would think he'd be wanting to promote the new album then tour it.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 am

sharon20 wrote:
BrandonSquared wrote:So, is there any kind of word on whether they are having a regular tour beyond Vegas this spring/summer?

Nothing mentioned beyond the Vegas gig. Adam said he'd have new music out by the end of the year so unless he just means a single I would think he'd be wanting to promote the new album then tour it.

I agree with Sharon20. I read somewhere, that 2019 will be Adam’s year (apparently he said that in one of his interviews on Monday). According to that, there won’t be much time for Queen next year. And nothing is panned yet, that we know of.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Queen + Adam will be busy performing in Europe and the UK this June and July. That’s why they are not coming to the US until September.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Another World