Adam Lambert.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:37 am

icy wrote:I'm going to wait see/hear it to believe it. He isn't with WB these days. Don't know if another company will pick him up.

I‘m pretty optimistic, that he already has a new label. ;)
Here is a quote from his management: „ 2018 sees Adam continuing to tour the arenas of the world with Queen, alongside recording his fourth album coming soon!“ ( http://philymack.com/ )
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 am

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:I'm going to wait see/hear it to believe it. He isn't with WB these days. Don't know if another company will pick him up.

I‘m pretty optimistic, that he already has a new label. ;)
Here is a quote from his management: „ 2018 sees Adam continuing to tour the arenas of the world with Queen, alongside recording his fourth album coming soon!“ ( http://philymack.com/ )

Is that just a hunch or... ;)
I came across an an interview from nme earlier today where he said as soon as the Q+ tour is over, he will go back into studio. But no word on if or when it will be released. Not even a guesstimate.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:49 am

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I‘m pretty optimistic, that he already has a new label. ;)
Here is a quote from his management: „ 2018 sees Adam continuing to tour the arenas of the world with Queen, alongside recording his fourth album coming soon!“ ( http://philymack.com/ )

Is that just a hunch or... ;)
I came across an an interview from nme earlier today where he said as soon as the Q+ tour is over, he will go back into studio. But no word on if or when it will be released. Not even a guesstimate.

He said, that he wants to finish the album before Vegas in one of the last TV interviews before this QAL Tour leg. So, pretty recently. He also said, that there will „probably“ be new music at theend of this year (single) and the album next year. That’s what he said in pretty much every recent interview. I won’t worry about the business side of it all. That’s behind the scenes.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 am

I can't wait to hear his next album!!!! Hopefully he will release it at the first of 2019. I'm getting tired of waiting but I know it's going to be worth it. :lol:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 am

The Milkman wrote:I can't wait to hear his next album!!!! Hopefully he will release it at the first of 2019. I'm getting tired of waiting but I know it's going to be worth it. :lol:

It's gonna be a mix of genres, apparently. I wonder which one/s he will do the most?
I just hope it won't be as bad as TwoFux. ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:07 am

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:I can't wait to hear his next album!!!! Hopefully he will release it at the first of 2019. I'm getting tired of waiting but I know it's going to be worth it. :lol:

It's gonna be a mix of genres, apparently. I wonder which one/s he will do the most?
I just hope it won't be as bad as TwoFux. ;)


That’s what he said about the last two but this time he’s saying he’s ignoring the latest trends. :lol: It will be the same old pop shit.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:I can't wait to hear his next album!!!! Hopefully he will release it at the first of 2019. I'm getting tired of waiting but I know it's going to be worth it. :lol:

It's gonna be a mix of genres, apparently. I wonder which one/s he will do the most?
I just hope it won't be as bad as TwoFux. ;)


That’s what he said about the last two but this time he’s saying he’s ignoring the latest trends. :lol: It will be the same old pop shit.

I actually think you are right. I'm not expecting anything different. Would be interesting if he did something different, but it will be mix of genres.
Queen did it, it doesn't mean Adam can pull it off.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

That type of pop music is just a blend of different genres so we might hear some guitar but at the end of the day it’s just pop. I would love to hear him do some rock songs of his own but he won’t find a major label that will support that. It would be commercial suicide.

Safehouse is a small label with major label distribution so maybe he will have more freedom.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 pm

The Milkman wrote:That type of pop music is just a blend of different genres so we might hear some guitar but at the end of the day it’s just pop. I would love to hear him do some rock songs of his own but he won’t find a major label that will support that. It would be commercial suicide.

Safehouse is a small label with major label distribution so maybe he will have more freedom.


How he described the music recently, soul, funk, 80s sound, singer songwriter ( :lol: ) is that he has many fingers in one piece, and is trying to see what sticks. It's good he is moving on from EDM...so he says, but I'm not expecting anything all that different. Is he producing the music himself? Has he worked with other writers etc on it? I don't know.
Thing that stands out to me, it's been awhile since ToH. I will always say he has put Q+AL first in recent years.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 pm

icy wrote: I will always say he has put Q+AL first in recent years.



Of course he has! He knows he's just a C lister and he will never be able to play for crowds like that on his own. He once had Finland but that last Helsinki show didn't sell as well as the previous one. I don't blame him one bit. It's a chance of a lifetime for him so he should ride those coattails as long as he can. Freddie* made those songs, now Adam can make millions just singing them.

* Yes I know Freddie didn't write all of them.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 pm

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote: I will always say he has put Q+AL first in recent years.



Of course he has! He knows he's just a C lister and he will never be able to play for crowds like that on his own. He once had Finland but that last Helsinki show didn't sell as well as the previous one. I don't blame him one bit. It's a chance of a lifetime for him so he should ride those coattails as long as he can. Freddie* made those songs, now Adam can make millions just singing them.

* Yes I know Freddie didn't write all of them.

I agree pretty much with all of what you say. I still stand by that I think AL is taking the easy way out in making money. I'd have more respect for AL if he put the time and effort for his own music, instead of riding those coattails.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby sharon20 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 pm

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote: I will always say he has put Q+AL first in recent years.



Of course he has! He knows he's just a C lister and he will never be able to play for crowds like that on his own. He once had Finland but that last Helsinki show didn't sell as well as the previous one. I don't blame him one bit. It's a chance of a lifetime for him so he should ride those coattails as long as he can. Freddie* made those songs, now Adam can make millions just singing them.

* Yes I know Freddie didn't write all of them.

I agree pretty much with all of what you say. I still stand by that I think AL is taking the easy way out in making money. I'd have more respect for AL if he put the time and effort for his own music, instead of riding those coattails.


Aside from this being a limited thing, since Brian & Roger aren't getting any younger and he'd be foolish to not carry on whilst they all can, if he genuinely thinks of them as family and cares about them as he seems to, he would want to carry on for them as well, since he knows how much they love getting out on the road and touring and how much fun they have. It would be rather selfish after all this time to just say thanks but I'm gonna do my own thing now, bye.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 pm

sharon20 wrote:
Aside from this being a limited thing, since Brian & Roger aren't getting any younger and he'd be foolish to not carry on whilst they all can, if he genuinely thinks of them as family and cares about them as he seems to, he would want to carry on for them as well, since he knows how much they love getting out on the road and touring and how much fun they have. It would be rather selfish after all this time to just say thanks but I'm gonna do my own thing now, bye.


Q+AL will not last forever. To me, the Vegas shows could be the last shows, something is niggling me about that. If the Vegas shows are the last of Brian and Roger performing live, I think that would be sad.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby sharon20 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:24 pm

icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:
Aside from this being a limited thing, since Brian & Roger aren't getting any younger and he'd be foolish to not carry on whilst they all can, if he genuinely thinks of them as family and cares about them as he seems to, he would want to carry on for them as well, since he knows how much they love getting out on the road and touring and how much fun they have. It would be rather selfish after all this time to just say thanks but I'm gonna do my own thing now, bye.


Q+AL will not last forever. To me, the Vegas shows could be the last shows, something is niggling me about that. If the Vegas shows are the last of Brian and Roger performing live, I think that would be sad.


I definitely don't think they intend them to be the last, obviously something could happen to prevent them touring again but providing their health holds up they intend to continue, they said as much recently in interview.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Adam Lambert.

Postby icy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 pm

sharon20 wrote:
icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:
Aside from this being a limited thing, since Brian & Roger aren't getting any younger and he'd be foolish to not carry on whilst they all can, if he genuinely thinks of them as family and cares about them as he seems to, he would want to carry on for them as well, since he knows how much they love getting out on the road and touring and how much fun they have. It would be rather selfish after all this time to just say thanks but I'm gonna do my own thing now, bye.


Q+AL will not last forever. To me, the Vegas shows could be the last shows, something is niggling me about that. If the Vegas shows are the last of Brian and Roger performing live, I think that would be sad.


I definitely don't think they intend them to be the last, obviously something could happen to prevent them touring again but providing their health holds up they intend to continue, they said as much recently in interview.


That's the thing, no one can tell the future. I was concerned about Brian a couple of times during other tours, especially about that big health scare he had, and his depression. That takes a toll.
So they intend to continue? I hope Q+AL isn't the last music Brian and Roger do. And keep on riding on those coattails, Adam. AL is the one who will have it harder once Q+AL is over.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16512
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 563 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests