Tyler Warren (Queen Extravaganza Drummer/backup vocals)

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Tyler Warren (Queen Extravaganza Drummer/backup vocals)

Postby julymorning » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 pm

Tyler put an album of covers together for his 30th birthday, and presented it as a gift to all of his many friends. These are from artists that made the biggest impact on him in his life, inspiring his musical genius from the get go. Most of every instrument and vocal in every one of these cuts Tyler did. Different friends helped out here and there, Like Francois Doyon (Queen Extravaganza) on base in Muse's "New Born". Fantastic cover!
His good friend and bandmate Gibby (Andrew Williams) plays lead guitars on Foo Fighters "Enough Space". The intro is mind blowing, but the whole song is fantastic.
Track 7, a Kiss song (I Still Love You). Tyler's friend and bass player in his band (Josh Beasley) joins in on this one, as well as Tyler's dad Allen Warren, playing his 12 string Rickenbacker.
Track 9, my favorite Queen song from my youth is "It's Late". Marc Martel sings back up vocals.
Unless I missed someone, this is it, all other vocals and all other instruments on all the songs, were done by Tyler himself.
I said he was a musical genius, right?
My Queen fans, fast forward to track 9. You will not believe your ears.

Tyler has put the album on Bandcamp.com for free download. Here's the link to give a listen.
Track 9, my favorite Queen song from my youth is "It's Late". Marc Martel sings back up vocals.

I've listened to "It's Late" about 5 times in the past hour or so, and it still is unbelievable. Other than Marc singing back up vocals, Tyler sings it and plays every other instrument - drums, lead guitar and bass.

Which is also the case, with a few exceptions, on the rest of this album of covers.

Track 9 is "It's Late"

https://tylerwarren.bandcamp.com/album/t30
Last edited by julymorning on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Re: Tyler Warren (Queen Extravaganza Drummer/backup vocals)

Postby AngelR » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks! Listening to this album now.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Tyler just released a new song he'd been working on since February (thus the name, he says).

He does just keep getting better and better. This one is very Electric Light Orchestra like, strings, sound and light harmonies.

Always keep in mind everything is created with an instrument either played by him or a guest, nothing is ever from a sample, etc.

phpBB [video]
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Have you seen this, julymorning? Hopefully the envolvement with Queen will open more oportunities for him :)

phpBB [video]

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Yep, I've posted it several times in various places on facebook. No one here seems to care so I didn't bother.

He is truly probably the most all around talented musicians I've run across.

Thank you for posting it.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 pm

It's a joy to watch him perform. Amazing talent. Fingers crossed for more music from him! :)

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Return to Another World