2017 Gigs.

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Fizzle » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:26 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Fizzle wrote:Journey and Asia in June
Q + AL in July

Looking into Alice Cooper tickets at the moment as well.


Who's filling in for John Wetton?


No clue. :-( I'm so disappointed. I get tickets to see them on the same day he dies. Some luck I've got.
Image
 
Fizzle
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

      
 
Posts: 1042
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm
Location: The John Deacon Appreciation Society
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Erin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Alice Cooper in May
QAL in Nashville in Aug

Muse is finally coming back around here, so I'll be seeing them in Atlanta and Charlotte this summer! :onfire:

I might see the RHCP. They have a show here in April, I think. Maybe Green Day in Sept.. Would LOVE to see GnR again, too!
 
Erin
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Elessar » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Erin wrote:Alice Cooper in May
QAL in Nashville in Aug

Muse is finally coming back around here, so I'll be seeing them in Atlanta and Charlotte this summer! :onfire:

I might see the RHCP. They have a show here in April, I think. Maybe Green Day in Sept.. Would LOVE to see GnR again, too!



What are those Muse dates? I can't see them on their website. Just five festivals so far...
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Erin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Elessar wrote:
Erin wrote:Alice Cooper in May
QAL in Nashville in Aug

Muse is finally coming back around here, so I'll be seeing them in Atlanta and Charlotte this summer! :onfire:

I might see the RHCP. They have a show here in April, I think. Maybe Green Day in Sept.. Would LOVE to see GnR again, too!



What are those Muse dates? I can't see them on their website. Just five festivals so far...


They haven't officially announced them, yet. Probably will next week, I'm guessing..

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/02/m ... s-to-mars/
 
Erin
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby AngelR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:30 am

Erin wrote:Alice Cooper in May
QAL in Nashville in Aug

Muse is finally coming back around here, so I'll be seeing them in Atlanta and Charlotte this summer! :onfire:

I might see the RHCP. They have a show here in April, I think. Maybe Green Day in Sept.. Would LOVE to see GnR again, too!


Is it The Drones Tour we had over here in 2016?
 
AngelR
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Erin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 am

AngelR wrote:Is it The Drones Tour we had over here in 2016?


I doubt it. They did have some Drones tour dates in the US, but my neck of the woods was left out. The 2 shows I'm looking at are both at amphitheaters, so they'll need to have a scaled down stage set up.
 
Erin
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby AngelR » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Erin wrote:
AngelR wrote:Is it The Drones Tour we had over here in 2016?


I doubt it. They did have some Drones tour dates in the US, but my neck of the woods was left out. The 2 shows I'm looking at are both at amphitheaters, so they'll need to have a scaled down stage set up.


Interesting. Thanks. I thought the Drones stage set up was very odd anyway. The crowd was divided into two parts with the band in the middle, so half of the time we were staring at their backsides. :)
 
AngelR
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Kes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 am

Hopefully, a couple of John Mayer gigs in the late Spring.

Severely going off the way tickets are sold these days though! Whatever happened to the old days when you could at least physically queue somewhere for tickets, and not have three hours of not being able to get hold of any of the handful of shit tickets the retailers "have" to release because of legalities. Yeah, I know, ticketmaster get two lots of commission fees if they can sell the tickets once through their regular sites, and again through one of their resale sites, but the government ought to impose a maximum percentage of the face value price that tickets can be resold at.

NOBODY who's really a fan of the artist and genuinely can't make a gig, is going to want to sell them off an hour after they booked them, for up to ten times what they paid for them.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14324
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Saw a flyer for Los Pacaminos today. I didn't realise Paul Young was still 'singing' :

phpBB [video]


:shock:
 
Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Got tickets for Metallica at London O2 in October. Last time I saw them live was 25 years ago at The Freddie Tribute show. Time flies.
 
Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Pingu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Got tickets to see The (remaining) Who play Tommy in Manchester next week. John Mayer has pinched their regular bass player (Pino Palladino). So will have only their third bassist in 53 years..!

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Got tickets for Metallica at London O2 in October. Last time I saw them live was 25 years ago at The Freddie Tribute show. Time flies.


Christ actually 25 years exactly in three weeks or so. Was first time I saw Daltrey live too.
 
Pingu
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 438
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby The Milkman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 pm

I saw Radiohead last night and they were amazing as always. Definitely one of the best live acts around these days!
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 pm

The Milkman wrote:I saw Radiohead last night and they were amazing as always. Definitely one of the best live acts around these days!


This one? http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead ... 6ba3c.html
 
Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby The Milkman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
The Milkman wrote:I saw Radiohead last night and they were amazing as always. Definitely one of the best live acts around these days!


This one? http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead ... 6ba3c.html


That's the one.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5549
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: 2017 Gigs.

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:02 pm

As a casual fan, I'd be pretty happy with that set-list.
I've not seen them in the flesh, but their '97 performance on Later With Jools Holland is still the greatest performance I've ever seen on that show.
 
Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:05 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 75 times

PreviousNext

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests