Grammys 2017

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Grammys 2017

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Both Adele and Beyoncé have been rewarded mightily by the Grammys for their talents, but I didn't know that David Bowie was never honored before until Album 25 post humously! That is pretty disgusting!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AngelR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 pm

icy wrote:
phpBB [video]

She's saying all the right words and wins Grammys but I still think George deserved a better tribute. I've just listened to her performance. She was actually out of tune both times.... dissapointing.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm

AngelR wrote:
icy wrote:
phpBB [video]

She's saying all the right words and wins Grammys but I still think George deserves a better tribute. I've just listen to her performance. She was actually out of tune both times.... dissapointing.

Adele was being very real. IMO, it added to it, instead of taking anything away. Does anyone expect tributes be note for note perfection? I don't. The whole thing was a whole new way to perform Fast Love, I really like it this way.
Better tribute? Any ideas who you think would have been better? Adele and George Michael had mutual respect for each other, I think that counts for something here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Bruno was so spectacular honoring Prince. He was the absolutely perfect person for that performance! But I don't get how women like Lorde and Gaga were chosen to channel Bowie and Adele for George Michael. Are we really supposed to believe these women can identify with what those men went through in their lives?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:01 pm

CNB wrote:Bruno was so spectacular honoring Prince. He was the absolutely perfect person for that performance! But I don't get how women like Lorde and Gaga were chosen to channel Bowie and Adele for George Michael. Are we really supposed to believe these women can identify with what those men went through in their lives?

Did you even bother to watch the video of Adele that I posted above? She identified with George Michael, that much is obvious!
So to answer your snotty question, yes Adele and GaGa can and do identify with GM and Bowie. There's no doubt on my end. You aren't a fan of Adele's or GaGa's, so you might not even realise those four artists do have things in common, have respect...it is is very obvious.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:12 pm

icy wrote:
AngelR wrote:
icy wrote:
phpBB [video]

She's saying all the right words and wins Grammys but I still think George deserves a better tribute. I've just listen to her performance. She was actually out of tune both times.... dissapointing.

Adele was being very real. IMO, it added to it, instead of taking anything away. Does anyone expect tributes be note for note perfection? I don't. The whole thing was a whole new way to perform Fast Love, I really like it this way.
Better tribute? Any ideas who you think would have been better? Adele and George Michael had mutual respect for each other, I think that counts for something here.

Maybe George's real friends? Unless they were asked and declined.
Yes, I expect a tribute to George Michael to be SUNG, not less - that was a train wreck.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars either, but I can appreciate that HIS performance was spot on. Adele is not the only person whose life or ambition was affected by George Michael but she made it sound like she was the only person for that tribute. People may like her because she is so real and they forgive her when she messes up, but she is not very professional to just stop and say FUCK!

We have a guy in our White House who does the same thing and got rewarded for it, too!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 pm

CNB wrote:I'm not a fan of Bruno Mars either, but I can appreciate that HIS performance was spot on. Adele is not the only person whose life or ambition was affected by George Michael but she made it sound like she was the only person for that tribute. People may like her because she is so real and they forgive her when she messes up, but she is not very professional to just stop and say FUCK!

We have a guy in our White House who does the same thing and got rewarded for it, too!

Where on earth do you get the idea Adele was making it sound like she was the only one for the tribute? I didn't get that impression. I've read George's family asked her to do it.
As for her cussing, that's not offensive to me at all. She did apolgise for it, not that she had to. If you think cussing is not very professional, a lot of celebs cuss onstage and off. Could have sworn I read a tweet last night with the F word in it. It is not that big of a deal.
Would you rather Adele gave up and simply walked of like Mariah Carey did during her shitty performance a couple months back? That was messed up and how Marian Carey and her people handled it.
What more do you want, CNB?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 am

AngelR wrote:
Maybe George's real friends? Unless they were asked and declined.
Yes, I expect a tribute to George Michael to be SUNG, not less - that was a train wreck.

Real friends? Any examples?
As for the tribute to George it wasn't stated who would be a part of the tribute until before the show started. Hey, I'm gonna admit, I didn't know what to expect, which artist/s, song/s would be a part of it, but Adele was the one chosen. And I can understand why she was. I also can understand why she was nervous and emotional. Everything considered, she pulled it off.
You think it was a train wreck. Many people disagree, myself included.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:55 am

I just expect that someone who is considered good enough to be awarded multiple Grammys for one album should be able to cover up a mishap smoothly without the audience knowing anything is wrong. She did the same thing last year at the Grammys but they still gave her the honor of singing two songs this year. She had 100 stops on her recent tour so she has now had a lot of live singing experience and she should know what key she is in. You think I am being mean but I am tired of the special attention she gets and, yes, that is being a Diva! I'm glad she was able to finish but she obviously is used to being pampered!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:19 am

CNB wrote:I just expect that someone who is considered good enough to be awarded multiple Grammys for one album should be able to cover up a mishap smoothly without the audience knowing anything is wrong. She did the same thing last year at the Grammys but they still gave her the honor of singing two songs this year. She had 100 stops on her recent tour so she has now had a lot of live singing experience and she should know what key she is in. You think I am being mean but I am tired of the special attention she gets and, yes, that is being a Diva! I'm glad she was able to finish but she obviously is used to being pampered!

Gosh, you sound so bitter once again about sucess of another artist, one you have complained about plenty of times before. Clearly you are not a fan of Adele's that much is obvious. Are you a George Michael fan? Why such strong feelings about this tribute? Because she was the one picked? Choice of song? The F bomb? That she won Grammy's? That she sang twice on the show? That many people are giving her credit and praise for pulling off the tribute off after all? What is it about her that you seem to dislike so much, because you sure have your fair share of complaints about Adele...once again.
Things happen live CNB, even in the best of times with the best, most professional artists. That's a fact. No one is ever perfect live, and that's fine by me. I think you hold too many artists to a high standard, and an unfair high standard. If you expect perfection all the time, well you will end up disappointed, no matter who you are a fan of, or not a fan of. I'd ask you to point out to any performance by anyone that has been perfect, but I doubt it exists.
George Michael's family asked her to do the tribute, apparently. Thats good enough for me, as well as the fact she asked if she could start over( she didn't demand it) and she did manage to pull it off. And as a GM fan, I thank her very much. As an Adele fan I thank her very much. As someone who has been watching the Grammy's for years, I thank them for allowing a tribute. My biggest thanks is to George and his family for sharing his presence and his music with the world for decades.
Mean? I dont think you fully understand how hard it can be to sing a tribute to someone so beloved, in such crowd of fellow celebs in the audience, to Adele and GM fans alike,let alone when the passing is so recent. It couldn't have been easy for her, or anyone to do. So yes, I'm willing to give her credit and kudos, for her own music, and her cover of Fast Love.
Yea, you are tired of attention that Adele gets, funny enough you sure are giving her your 'attention' here about it. Adele has never come across as being pampered, she has worked to get where she is today. Where and why are you coming out with all this? If anything, she has proved to me she is just as human as the rest of us, very relatable, and to me that's refreshing in today's world of music.
The world lost a great man and artist in George Michael weeks ago. I'm filled with sorrow knowing he is no longer here, but I said this weeks ago, and I will say it now. His music is living on. It's living on thanks to people like Khassoggi, who paid his own tribute to him here, to Adele who sang on a much bigger stage, to fans like Inny, fd and myself who think there will never be another like George Michael, and all of his fans who are still coming together to mourn his passing, and to celebrate his life and music.
I don't think you can even begin to understand it all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions