2018 Gigs

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby CNB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 am

Boy George and Culture Club in August and Simple Minds in October! YAY haven’t seen them since 1984 and 1986, respectively!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9168
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby The Milkman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Deep Purple/Judas Priest in September. Well, I'll only see Judas Priest because I can't stand Deep Purple. :lol:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby icy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 am

The Milkman wrote:Deep Purple/Judas Priest in September. Well, I'll only see Judas Priest because I can't stand Deep Purple. :lol:

Aw man, you crush me that you don't like Deep Purple. Why the heck not? :sadw:
:lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16271
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby The Milkman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 pm

icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Deep Purple/Judas Priest in September. Well, I'll only see Judas Priest because I can't stand Deep Purple. :lol:

Aw man, you crush me that you don't like Deep Purple. Why the heck not? :sadw:
:lol: :P


Never really cared for them and I HATE Smoke On The Water. :lol:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5887
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby icy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 pm

The Milkman wrote:
icy wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Deep Purple/Judas Priest in September. Well, I'll only see Judas Priest because I can't stand Deep Purple. :lol:

Aw man, you crush me that you don't like Deep Purple. Why the heck not? :sadw:
:lol: :P


Never really cared for them and I HATE Smoke On The Water. :lol:

Dude!! :duel: :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16271
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 548 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby JLP » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:48 am

Excellent gig last night. Steve Harley, acoustic in a centuries old church. Just wish the two kissed up women a few feet to my left would have shut their fucking gobs for a few minutes utes. They literally never stopped chatting as they quarter bucket after bucket of vino. They only cheered at the very end of the big when Steve performed his most famous song. Cunts.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10986
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 408 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby bigV » Wed May 09, 2018 12:24 pm

4.05.2018 Roger Waters in Sofia, Bulgaria
My second Waters concert. Mindblowing. I'm still feeling the euphoria. Bless him, it will probably be his last tour and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

8.05.2018 Foreigner in Ruse, Bulgaria
Not the original line-up, but still pretty awesome. It's always great to see professional musicians of that caliber perform live. They had two shows in my country, one in my hometown (literally 1 km from my house).

Two amazing concerts, less than a week apart. I'm spoiling myself rotten :lol:

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby AngelR » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 pm

bigV wrote:4.05.2018 Roger Waters in Sofia, Bulgaria
My second Waters concert. Mindblowing. I'm still feeling the euphoria. Bless him, it will probably be his last tour and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

8.05.2018 Foreigner in Ruse, Bulgaria
Not the original line-up, but still pretty awesome. It's always great to see professional musicians of that caliber perform live. They had two shows in my country, one in my hometown (literally 1 km from my house).

Two amazing concerts, less than a week apart. I'm spoiling myself rotten :lol:

V.


Hi bigV,
Any recommendations for any interesting gigs in August? Or anything (at all!) worth seeing in Sofia in the second week of August? I'm going to spend the whole month in Bulgaria till the 5th of September, planning to travel around the country. :)
 
AngelR
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby sharon20 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 pm

bigV wrote:4.05.2018 Roger Waters in Sofia, Bulgaria
My second Waters concert. Mindblowing. I'm still feeling the euphoria. Bless him, it will probably be his last tour and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

8.05.2018 Foreigner in Ruse, Bulgaria
Not the original line-up, but still pretty awesome. It's always great to see professional musicians of that caliber perform live. They had two shows in my country, one in my hometown (literally 1 km from my house).

Two amazing concerts, less than a week apart. I'm spoiling myself rotten :lol:

V.


Yay, I'm seeing Foreigner this Saturday, good to know they still rock.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby Steve » Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Chantel McGregor and her band for me. Tonight in Chislehurst. Chantel always delivers a great night of rock music.
 
Steve
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby bigV » Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 pm

AngelR wrote:Hi bigV,
Any recommendations for any interesting gigs in August? Or anything (at all!) worth seeing in Sofia in the second week of August? I'm going to spend the whole month in Bulgaria till the 5th of September, planning to travel around the country. :)


August is a holiday month in my country. Most people go to the Black sea for at least a week. A major concert in Sofia in August would be a financial disaster. If anything, there would be smaller venues (clubs, etc), but it's too early for that.

Message me a few days before you leave, and I'll check the event websites again, okay. If you're planning a trip to my hometown (Ruse, in the north-eastern part of the country, largest city on the Danube), PM me.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby AngelR » Fri May 11, 2018 9:35 pm

bigV wrote:
AngelR wrote:Hi bigV,
Any recommendations for any interesting gigs in August? Or anything (at all!) worth seeing in Sofia in the second week of August? I'm going to spend the whole month in Bulgaria till the 5th of September, planning to travel around the country. :)


August is a holiday month in my country. Most people go to the Black sea for at least a week. A major concert in Sofia in August would be a financial disaster. If anything, there would be smaller venues (clubs, etc), but it's too early for that.

Message me a few days before you leave, and I'll check the event websites again, okay. If you're planning a trip to my hometown (Ruse, in the north-eastern part of the country, largest city on the Danube), PM me.

V.


Thank you, bigV, for your reply.
Seems like I would have to stick to the 'normal' touristy things like sightseeing then! :)
Not planning to visit Ruse.
I'm flying to Sofia on the second week of August and heading to the Black Sea coast after a couple of days of sightseeing: Bourgas - Pomorie - Nessebar - Obzor - Varna.
I'll PM you at the beginning of August in case something interesting will crop up, thanks again Xxxx
 
AngelR
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: 2018 Gigs

Postby Sir Didymus » Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 pm

This seems to be the year of embracing mainstream drag shows, tbh...

Current schedule:

24/01/18 - Black Veil Brides + Asking Alexandria {Manchester Academy} Went for my nephew!
03/02/18 - CANCELLED SHOW: Steve Knightley {Halle St Peters, Manchester}
08/02/18 - Sasha Velour {Cruz101, Manchester}
07/04/18 - Toyah {Bury Pride}
24/04/18 - Show of Hands {The Lowry, Salford}
29/04/18 - Sharon Needles {Cruz 101, Manchester}
03/05/18 - Shotgun Wedding featuring Catherine Porter {Opry City Stage, New York City}
05/05/18 - Coney Island Circus Sideshow {Coney Island, New York City}
06/05/18 - Drag Brunch featuring Mayhem Miller and Shaquefa {Highline Ballroom, New York City}
08/05/18 - Late Night With Seth Meyers {NBC Studios, Rockefella Plaza, New York City}
10/05/18 - In Conversation with Mick Rock {Brooklyn Museum, New York City}
06/06/18 - Jinkx Monsoon Is Cursed {The Comedy Store, Manchester}
09/06/18 - Dusty Ray Bottoms {Kiki, Manchester}
11/07/18 - Alaska Thunderfuck {The Comedy Store, Manchester}
22/08/18 - The League of Gentlemen {Manchester Apollo}
28/10/18 - Heels of Hell 2018 with Sharon Needles, Alaska Thunderfuck, Jinkx Monsoon, Willam, Latrice Royale, Ivy Winters and Aja {Manchester Apollo}
16/11/18 - Dog Fashion Disco {o2 Academy, Islington}
17/11/18 - Dog Fashion Disco {o2 Academy, Islington}
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count
 
Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2426
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Manchester, mostly.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Previous

Return to Another World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests