Luke Spiller - the Struts

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Luke Spiller - the Struts

Postby julymorning » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:15 am

Where has the U.K. been hiding this guy? Luke Spiller of The Struts.

So Tyler Warren's Mother posts a video on Tyler's fb wall to check out.
phpBB [video]

I'm completely transfixed to the Freddie look alike, and dig up some stuff. This adorable interview with Spiller is first.
phpBB [video]

He's a mix of performance styles, I'm not much taken with his Jagger moves, and while usually I can't stand clothing and gesture imitations of Freddie, the fact that his looks are so striking, and his wardrobe is being designed by Zandra Rhodes makes watching Spiller sort of magical.

I suppose that this one is already to 'big' to ask to front at least a Queen Extravaganza tour. I'd really pay to see that.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Re: Luke Spiller - the Struts

Postby julymorning » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:19 am

You have to listen to the whole interview, I know it's somewhat boring until they begin talking about Queen, and then they do a Queen song, with Taylor sitting in a very tiny spot, a drum kit around him like toys, but it sounds fantastic!
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Re: Luke Spiller - the Struts

Postby sharon20 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 am

julymorning wrote:You have to listen to the whole interview, I know it's somewhat boring until they begin talking about Queen, and then they do a Queen song, with Taylor sitting in a very tiny spot, a drum kit around him like toys, but it sounds fantastic!

Yeah he's very Freddie like, obviously an influence, I saw this a while ago they've just finished touring as support act for the Foo's and he and Taylor seem to hit it off, he kept getting him up with them during the foo's set to do UP.

http://youtu.be/kZdcIQmCNB4

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Return to Another World