2019 Gigs

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: 2019 Gigs

Postby Sir Didymus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 am

Elessar wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:21/05/19 - Adam Kay: This is Going to Hurt {The Lowry, Salford}

That’ll be good, the Amateur Transplants were excellent back in the day.

Speaking of which, has Adam Kay started paying Suman a fair share of royalties yet?

As Adam's a friend of mine I can't really comment, sorry fella. :-)

But this is my third time seeing the show since it's first Edinburgh run. It's still a corker.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Elessar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 am

Sir Didymus wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:21/05/19 - Adam Kay: This is Going to Hurt {The Lowry, Salford}

That’ll be good, the Amateur Transplants were excellent back in the day.

Speaking of which, has Adam Kay started paying Suman a fair share of royalties yet?

As Adam's a friend of mine I can't really comment, sorry fella. :-)

But this is my third time seeing the show since it's first Edinburgh run. It's still a corker.

I guess when you’ve got two professionals with an creative amateur side-job and one of them wants to quit the first job and do the second full-time (which he’s done very successfully), it’s inevitable that there’ll be problems when it comes to handling the stuff they did together. Last I heard it was being handled by solicitors, but hopefully they came to an amicable agreement. I guess on a much smaller scale it’s no different to John Deacon picking up royalties whenever Q+AL perform I Want To Break Free. And to be fair, Suman performed an Amateur Transplants song at SMACC, so it goes both ways.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Sir Didymus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:22 pm

I was never really into Amateur Transplants tbh. I met Adam via his work on Mongrels, and a few years later, his underrated sitcom Crims. I've gone back and listened to some of it since, but it's more than a little bit lo-fi, innit? But the This is Going to Hurt show, and the subsequent book, are really something special.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Previous

Return to Another World