What are your most favorite movie scenes?

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

What are your most favorite movie scenes?

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:55 am

I can so relate to Tiffany's character on so many levels, in Silver Linings Playbook. One of my most favorite actresses is Jennifer Lawrence. If I were an actress at her caliber, my choices in characters I chose would be very similar. This is my most favorite scene from Silver Linings Playbook.

phpBB [video]
"I love you for your silence, I love you for your peace, the still and calm releases, that sweep into my soul, that slowly take control." ~Precious Freddie Mercury

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Freddie Mercury, you are my muse! Infinitely

Re: What are your most favorite movie scenes?

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:24 am

Jennifer Lawrence in her Katniss element! ;-) I love The Hunger Games! I could watch all of them over and over again.

phpBB [video]
"I love you for your silence, I love you for your peace, the still and calm releases, that sweep into my soul, that slowly take control." ~Precious Freddie Mercury

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 am

One of my most favorite scenes is this beautiful rendition of "The Show Must Go On" in Moulin Rouge. How fitting it is!

phpBB [video]

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:11 pm

"May your aim be as true as your heart is pure."

phpBB [video]

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sole Survivor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:01 am

Yes, there were epic battles and equally epic speeches, but my all-time favourite scene in the entire Lord Of The Rings trilogy was in the final part, Return Of The King, when Aragorn was crowned King of Gondor. This scene wasn't in the book, but tonally it was so right, I welled up when i saw it- just cinematic perfection.

phpBB [video]
Give me... chocolate!
"We are living in an era of 'woke' capitalism, in which companies pretend to care about social justice in order to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism."

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Only the Fox God knows...

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 pm

The Sicilian scene from True Romance.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bigV » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:10 am

phpBB [video]

It doesn't get any better than this.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:03 am

phpBB [video]
:onfire: "Did I just get saved?" lmao :biggrin:

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:28 am

Today I have been so enthralled by Phantom of the Opera. I am on a Phantom kick. I am deriving such inspiration on my novel from it and I cannot get enough.

phpBB [video]

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 am

Leigh Burne wrote:The Sicilian scene from True Romance.

I love True Romance! Such a great movie. I could watch this movie over and over again when I was a teenager and recently I showed it to my 19 year old daughter. The Sicilian scene is probably one of the most definitive and memorable scenes that Tarantino could have come up with at that time. "You are part eggplant!" I think is my favorite line from that scene. LOL!!! Forgive my ignorance on the timeline but I also think that Pulp Fiction's heroine overdose scene is probably one of the most memorable ones as well at the time. I have seen quite a few Tarantino flicks since and I think he has a very interestingly twisted style of movie making and it is awesome! There are not a lot of producers that I like or even really remember, for that matter, but Tarantino takes the cake on that. Maybe because he has either a cameo or a role in the majority of his movies. His mind is hard to forget for sure. ;-)

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Just recently saw a darkly comic film called God Bless America- kind of a twisted, humourous lovechild of Falling Down and Parting Shots- one of my favourite scenes is at the beginning, where Frank, the lead character, is finally losing patience with the vapidity of modern Western culture, and goes off on a rant with his co-worker over last night's TV...

phpBB [video]
Give me... chocolate!
"We are living in an era of 'woke' capitalism, in which companies pretend to care about social justice in order to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism."

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sole Survivor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 pm

RynaBelle9*7 wrote:
Leigh Burne wrote:The Sicilian scene from True Romance.

I love True Romance! Such a great movie. I could watch this movie over and over again when I was a teenager and recently I showed it to my 19 year old daughter. The Sicilian scene is probably one of the most definitive and memorable scenes that Tarantino could have come up with at that time. "You are part eggplant!" I think is my favorite line from that scene. LOL!!! Forgive my ignorance on the timeline but I also think that Pulp Fiction's heroine overdose scene is probably one of the most memorable ones as well at the time. I have seen quite a few Tarantino flicks since and I think he has a very interestingly twisted style of movie making and it is awesome! There are not a lot of producers that I like or even really remember, for that matter, but Tarantino takes the cake on that. Maybe because he has either a cameo or a role in the majority of his movies. His mind is hard to forget for sure. ;-)

I love how involved Tarantino's movie universe is, and how it all ties together. Especially the scene in Pulp Fiction where Uma Thurman's character is describing a part she plays in a movie, which bears an uncanny resemblance to Kill Bill several years later...
Thankfully, someone on Youtube has mashed the scene with the relevant bits in Kill Bill to show us what he means...

phpBB [video]
Give me... chocolate!

Sole Survivor
Spread Your Wings

Postby bigV » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:31 pm

amzoun95 wrote:Saving Private Ryan-
This is the greatest war movie ever made. Spielberg transports you to the battlefields of World War II unlike any movie has ever done before. Tom Hanks gives his best performance ever, which is saying a lot, and the ending is so emotional. It is a movie that is touching, thrilling, but most of all it is a harsh reminder of how horrible war really is. This movie is my favorite movie ever, because for the rest of my life, I will always be reminded of what those men did in WWII, because of how graphic and moving this movie is.

I would recommend that you watch Stanley Kubrick's Paths of Glory. It's one of the movies that inspired Spielberg to make Saving Private Ryan. Indeed, Kubrick and Spielberg were friends, often talked to each other about their movies and eventually collaborated on a project that would become A.I. It shows its age, but to me that's the greatest war movie ever made. The final scene (no spoilers) is an incredible ode to pacifism.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby mikespit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:08 am

Al Pacino's final speech in Scent of a Woman - inspiring stuff!

phpBB [video]

mikespit
Spread Your Wings

Postby mikespit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:15 am

Billy Elliot's impromptu performance to his dad......

phpBB [video]

mikespit
Spread Your Wings

Return to Another World