Rush

A forum to discuss other music, artists, television and film.

Re: Rush

Postby icy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Two sharp pencils wrote:Rush have quit touring due to drummer Neal Peart having terrible pain from his arthritis the band have announced. At this moment in time they are not sure whether they'll carry on as a studio band.

Oh no. My best to him. Wow, he truly is and always will be an amazing drummer, so much energy . I went back to watch some Rush concerts a few months back...he blew me away.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby julymorning » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm

There are rumours floating around that Meg White of White Stripes is replacing Peart on drums. : http://www.ncscooper.com Sounds ludicrous and nothing official has been posted by any of Rush themselves.

I was made aware of this on facebook by Tyler Warren's Dad, the first to comment "RIGHT". Neil Peart is Tyler's idol.

I offered an alternative, much much better. Tyler himself.

phpBB [video]
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Two sharp pencils » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm

icy wrote:
Two sharp pencils wrote:Rush have quit touring due to drummer Neal Peart having terrible pain from his arthritis the band have announced. At this moment in time they are not sure whether they'll carry on as a studio band.

Oh no. My best to him. Wow, he truly is and always will be an amazing drummer, so much energy . I went back to watch some Rush concerts a few months back...he blew me away.

I'm not a huge fan of Rush. I think I have 1 single (spirit of Radio) & 1 album (the best of rush) but I think all 3 members are great musicians in their chosen field. Geddy's singing is a bit hit & miss for me.

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 am

That's not really new news though, they said that a few months ago, at least....or so I thought. And they said the R40 tour was their last 'major' tour all along. It would be a shame if there were no more studio albums from them, though. But, if Clockwork Angels does end up being their last one....damn, that's a good one to go out on!

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby WeeMann » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:32 am

julymorning wrote:There are rumours floating around that Meg White of White Stripes is replacing Peart on drums. : http://www.ncscooper.com Sounds ludicrous and nothing official has been posted by any of Rush themselves.

It's just possible that this may, at a stretch, be a teeny weeny piss take. ;)
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby icy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 am

Two sharp pencils wrote:
icy wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Rush. I think I have 1 single (spirit of Radio) & 1 album (the best of rush) but I think all 3 members are great musicians in their chosen field. Geddy's singing is a bit hit & miss for me.

I honestly can't say I'm a huge fan of them, but I've listened to them through the years off and on(my brother is quite the fan) but I recently started to listen to them in a major way again.
Geddy is sure distinctive, I like his voice a lot.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat May 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Not sure if I should put this here or in that "good book" thread, but the other day I happened to check out a bookstore nearby that I'd never been in before, and picked up the 'novelization' of Clockwork Angels (their last album), written by Kevin Anderson, who I think has done some Star Wars books and some other sci-fi type of stuff.....I haven't read much of it yet, but I kind of got a kick out of how the author worked in a line from at least one Rush song not from that album :D

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Simon » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Was checking something on Wikipedia concerning Rush and I freaked out that the article was using past tense for the band. After a little 'research' I found the reason of my tears: They officially ended the band. no more shows, no more new music. Rush is done...
Listening to their discography in chronological order and then I will watch the R40 concert. Man, what a band! Thanks Alex, Neil, Geddy!
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Simon wrote:Was checking something on Wikipedia concerning Rush and I freaked out that the article was using past tense for the band. After a little 'research' I found the reason of my tears: They officially ended the band. no more shows, no more new music. Rush is done...
Listening to their discography in chronological order and then I will watch the R40 concert. Man, what a band! Thanks Alex, Neil, Geddy!

Very sad, I knew that for awhile now. I'm not their biggest fan here, but I do appreciate what Rush have given us through the years. Until very recently, I've been playing their music even more than Queen's...there are so many lyrics that stand out to me.
Kudos to the band :cheers:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to Another World