50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Leigh Burne

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by Leigh Burne »

I do find it pretty funny that in the band’s big 50th anniversary year, the biggest releases we seem to be getting are a couple of solo albums :lol:

action

Post by action »

solo albums aren't a celebration of Queen

I guess the greatest hits re-re-re-re-release is all we get, apart from empty promises from jim beach about the miracle boxset

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

action wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:16 pmsolo albums aren't a celebration of Queen
That was my point :roll:

Do try and keep up.

action

Post by action »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm
action wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:16 pmsolo albums aren't a celebration of Queen
That was my point :roll:

Do try and keep up.
what are you talking about, you silly goose?

I was agreeing with you 😂

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

They've announced a pop up shop in London again I'm guessing the pop up shop a few years ago to go along with the film was a success, but the line that caught my eye was they'd be 'limited edition music releases'. I wonder what that will include? I'm guessing nothing too interesting and new, in fact hopefully nothing too interesting or new since I won't be able to get any of it (or pay inflated prices on eBay)

Some more info on that: The band’s continuing album and single releases will be a big part of the shop’s pulse. Limited edition music will be available to buy throughout music month with drops every week including a limited edition of a Greatest Hits vinyl, exclusive to the store, as well as both current and new solo releases from Brian May and Roger Taylor.

https://www.queenonline.com/news/queen- ... t-inlondon

Another Greatest Hits!

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Bit annoying that only a shop in London gets to sell some exclusive vinyl... for everyone outside of that city it's gonna be a hard time on ebay... :?

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm Bit annoying that only a shop in London gets to sell some exclusive vinyl... for everyone outside of that city it's gonna be a hard time on ebay... :?
Just below your comment on Facebook Nick confirmed there will be limited availability in the online store.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

As someone who doesn't feel the need to collect anything beyond the actual music... hopefully these "limited editions" will just be different colours or with fancy sleeves, rather than containing any exclusive tracks, because now that I've moved I don't live near enough to London to get there regularly.

Flick of the Wrist

Post by Flick of the Wrist »

Limited Edition Vinyl Releases

28/9 - Greatest Hits

8/10 - Roger Taylor - ‘A’ side: Radio Gaga / ‘B’ side: I’m In Love With My Car

15/10 - John Deacon - ‘A’ side: Spread Your Wings / ‘B’ side: One Year Of Love

22/10 - Brian May - ‘A’ side: We Will Rock You / ‘B’ side: Sail Away Sweet Sister

29/10 - Freddie Mercury - ‘A’ side: Somebody To Love / ‘B’ side: Take My Breath Away

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Thanks for posting. Kind of nice out of eight songs, I'd only really consider 2 of them as obvious choices. Can't we get more than 2 songs on each one though? I suppose they are more about collecting than listening to though.

I wonder how limited these will be? Think it's a 'they're all gone 10 minutes after the shop opens' situation or will you be able to rock up at any point during the week and get that week's one?