50th Anniversary

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
BitterTears

Re: 50th Anniversary

Post by BitterTears »

My luck has run out. Didn't manage to get one this time after getting the first two (or three including GH). Have asked a friend in London to see if they can get one in store but I'm not holding out too much hope (and didn't really like asking tbh)

cliff

Post by cliff »

There is someone on ebay selling one for £295 :shock:

It would be cheaper to get a train to London to visit the pop up shop :lol:

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Another 'Buy It Now' is up for £361.78! (500USD). Someone in the U.S.A. selling it.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think that's what the scalpers will be banking on, people who have one or more of them, and desperately want the whole set.

Flick of the Wrist

Post by Flick of the Wrist »

I didn’t even bother trying with this one. After the debacle of the first week, getting an order in, only to get the cancellation email later in the day, and last week where the shop had sold out on the Friday but no one updated the news article on the main page to say that, I’m done

The stress just isn’t worth it!

Kes

Post by Kes »

People that don't collect Queen stuff just don't get it.

Yeah, it's just a piece of plastic, but unless you understand it, it's so much more than just a piece of plastic.

Personally, I don't really give a shit about the prices of something on ebay, unless I haven't got it. Then it becomes like a red flag to a bull, and makes me "extremely" frustrated.

To this point, I've never sold anything Queen on ebay, only bought. Consequently, I've got a house full of Queen stuff, but alas not a Freddie or Roger pop up shop single.

Strangely, achieving the John Deacon one, isn't half as joyous at the same level, that missing out on either of the first two, was upsetting. I was very f*cking upset about them. Hmmm, I'll have a think on that one.

"Oh well", is probably how I should feel when I miss out on these things! At least I'm not directing an Alec Baldwin movie.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Reading all this...I'm so glad I'm not into collecting anymore!

I did collect pretty much everything from another, not nearly as popular band as Queen (German Metal band Rage, very underrated and productive band, having just released their 27th album last month), and thanks to them not being that huge, it wasn't too hard to get even the more rare releases. But it still took me some years to finally get all that I wanted, they existed since 1984 after all and released new stuff regularly. It was really nice having those things, especially the Picture LPs I liked and some other more unqiue stuff, but after a few years I realised it's just collecting dust over time and I don't really need all that stuff. I finally decided to give away most things that were just collector's items and of no actual use to other fans for fair prices. Now they're happy with that stuff and I'm not missing out on anything, since I had it all for some time already. Having 27 albums on the shelf and EPs etc. is a bigger "collection" than most others bands main releases anyways.

Last month they also released a Deluxe limited whatever boxset edition for the new album with lots of "crap" like a cassette (I really hate that stupid useless trend!) and other stuff I'd never use for 60€...I would have bought it some years ago, but now I'm more than happy with the nice digipack that even comes with a poster, and the album being great is the main "attraction" anyways.

I don't even want to imagine how much stuff there is of a band like Queen over the decades one could collect...it's a different story of course if you've been a fan of the band from (nearly) the start and had decades to get all or most of it, but still...the sheer amount of things most be crazy. I'm really glad I'm not into collecting, especially nowadays with scalpers being after EVERY limited edition there is released and most of those things ending up on ebay for ridiculous prices...would make me mad if I'd want to have it all and always had to "hunt down" those things, being lucky at the right time at the right place etc. Even if I had the money to afford all this, I woudln't spend it on the 84th rerelease of GH, Queen socks and coins, etc. etc. etc.

RazorsEdge

Post by RazorsEdge »

I've got the 3 singles and the gh thank God.
I want to put the 4 singles in a frame, but in what order?
The colours in the hot space order or the faces in the order of hot space album?

Kes

Post by Kes »

...or in the order they appear on the Greatest Hits album the photos come from?

Decisions, decisions.

Just arrange them in a way that pleases you!

Woody70

Post by Woody70 »

My daughter managed to get me a copy of the John Deacon single, number 40 of 1000. I’ve never had a numbered copy that low!