first QPR topic on the new board? :)

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
eiricd

first QPR topic on the new board? :)

Post by eiricd »

anyways....every now and again I re-visit QPR and think back to a period which brought me great joy.

my point was; I came across edited HD broadcasts of both Sheffiel 2005 (albeit 720p), and Ukraine (full HD). What a shame they never made it to blu ray. These edits loo superior to their dvd counterparts.
I hope at one point, they'll release them in an up-to-date format. I'm sure Japan 2005 was filmed in HD as well. And they no doubt have most of the 2008 tour at least in HD that could be a great bonus. Would make for a wonderful package.

Frank

Re: frist QPR topic on the new board? :)

Post by Frank »

It was a very special time, indeed. But we probably won't ever see another QPR product. If it does happen, it won't be for many years to come, sadly. Who knows. Not disagreeing with you though. I'd love to see some of those shows brought to Blu-ray. For me personally, I was just getting into Queen when they started working with Paul Rodgers. Never did get to go see them though. I was still just a kid and my parents wouldn't let me go out to see them. I'll never forgive them for that!! Lol

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I can't find the video now, but in a recent video (in march I believe), Brian was wearing an old QPR jacket :) It caught my attention... If I find it I put it here.

Fizz

Post by Fizz »

I was lucky to see them in Cleveland in 2006. Such a good show. It was an early 16th birthday present from my mother & I dressed up as Roger in the Break Free video. :oops:

I also love The Cosmos Rocks. Unpopular opinion I know, but I still enjoy it & always have.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I also love the Cosmos Rocks :)

Leigh Burne

Re: first QPR topic on the new board? :)

Post by Leigh Burne »

I've never really fallen for The Cosmos Rocks, no matter how many times I've tried (although it works considerably better as a Rodgers album than a Queen one).

But to this day their live tour and seeing them in Hyde Park holds a special place in my heart. Was the first really big gig I ever went to, and to this day it remains one of my favourites.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I thought it at the time, and I still think it now. It was stretching the dynamic to have the Queen name anywhere near it.

I understand it from the touring aspect, as 90% of the music being played, was Queen's music. And probably the same holds true for the association with Mr Lambert, but TCR is NOT a Queen album, not even as a bookend.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I think that was a great video anyway ^^

Frank

Post by Frank »

What a funny guy! haha Thanks for sharing that with us. =)

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Welcome :P