The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Life is Real

Re: The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Post by Life is Real »

WeeMann wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 pm
All sold out now.
I must of got lucky, ordered it at 6.48pm and got a copy, wonder if someone broke the 3 copies rule ?
So glad I've got one ordered.

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

Also just checked ebay and there are people cashing in on there already, makes me a bit angry when true fans get exploited on there.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Unfortunately, this happens, and you can't do much to stop it.

On RSD, you'll see people buying one of just about everything. Nobody likes EVERYTHING.

miracle69

Post by miracle69 »

So this was it?? A picture disc??? πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Kes

Post by Kes »

Why are you disappointed?

It was only rumour, and people blowing it out of proportion, that might have suggested it was anything else.

They haven't hyped it up. In fact, they hasn't been ANY announcement about it, apart from in the news section of Queenonline, yesterday morning.

Life is Real

Post by Life is Real »

miracle69 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 am
So this was it?? A picture disc??? πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
I'm no expert but I doubt other than B sides, there wasn't much in the way of extras. This was recorded in Munich and around the time Freddie had discovered the night life there, so was a little unreliable at arriving at the studio on time.
Obviously stand to be corrected.
An album of non album b sides could be an idea for sometime though, human body was off these sessions I believe.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

I agree. It's a rather strange idea to release T-shirts and vinyl for the 40th anniversary of the album.

Kes

Post by Kes »

But they hadn't promised to release ANYTHING.

It's only some guy going to his local record shop, and posting it up here, that's given people the idea that it MIGHT be something bigger.

The only things anyone's officially announced might be coming out this year, is Jim Beach announcing the Miracle boxset, at the Freddie Birthday Party in Montreux, and Roger saying there might be a QAL live thing coming out.

To some people, like myself, a picture disc release IS a big thing. To most, it isn't, hence the lack of publicity.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 am

It's only some guy going to his local record shop, and posting it up here, that's given people the idea that it MIGHT be something bigger.

The only things anyone's officially announced might be coming out this year, is Jim Beach announcing the Miracle boxset, at the Freddie Birthday Party in Montreux, and Roger saying there might be a QAL live thing coming out.

I am more interesting that Jim said than Roger.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 am

To some people, like myself, a picture disc release IS a big thing. To most, it isn't, hence the lack of publicity.
Some guy does great thing, right?