The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
miracle69

The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Post by miracle69 »

Is there any chance this will happen? Would be very surprised if it didn’t actually..

Frank

Re: The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Post by Frank »

Highly doubt it since they're set to release The Miracle box set in the near future. It's a shame. And surprising too seeing as it was a huge album for them.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

This is the main reason why the miracle box came as such a surprise - as a big hit album with two US million selling singles, this was always a better candidate.

The fact that the miracle box couldn't even be delivered in the anniversary year is merely standard QPL disorganization.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Maybe they just feel they have better material for a Miracle boxset than a Game boxset.

Anniversaries don't really matter anyway, do they? A Game boxset will be just as good and welcome on the 42nd anniversary as it would on the 40th

Ray

Post by Ray »

BitterTears wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am Maybe they just feel they have better material for a Miracle boxset than a Game boxset.

Anniversaries don't really matter anyway, do they? A Game boxset will be just as good and welcome on the 42nd anniversary as it would on the 40th
Exactly. I don't get why people so often expect something just because it's an anniversary - they're there basically every 5 years. I don't care if they release it on the the 40th or 41st anniversary, I care for good content that's worth buying a new release. We'll see what happens - with the current situation who knows if anything gets released this year at all.

miracle69

Post by miracle69 »

It’s a shame! I thought they could have made an amazing box set with the 1979/80 period! But yes i wouldnt mind it being released at a random date. But there are probably some studio stuff that would be interesting to hear! Wonder what the content would be?

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

BitterTears wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am Maybe they just feel they have better material for a Miracle boxset than a Game boxset.
One's got Another One Bites The Dust. The other has Rain Must Fall. :mrgreen:

Frank

Post by Frank »

Well, we do know for certain that The Miracle had TONS of material the band had to sort through before narrowing it down to the 10 tracks we got on the album. The concerning part for me is that they chose songs like My Baby Does Me and Rain Must Fall over that material...so how much better can some of it really be? haha

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Ray wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 am

Exactly. I don't get why people so often expect something just because it's an anniversary - they're there basically every 5 years. I don't care if they release it on the the 40th or 41st anniversary, I care for good content that's worth buying a new release. We'll see what happens - with the current situation who knows if anything gets released this year at all.
It's logical marketing sense. Look at how well labels are handling releases from The Beatles and David Bowie. Hell, I've lost count how many times Bowie's estate have issued Space Oddity in the last 11 years! :D

miracle69

Post by miracle69 »

They did spend alot of time in the studio recording ’The game’ album, so their must have been at least alot of alt. takes on songs. Some stuff has been released like the original version of Its a beautiful day, but there must be more. Right? :o