Friendly, general discussion about Queen
action

Re: The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Post by action »

runner70 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 pm
Frank wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:37 pm
Well, we do know for certain that The Miracle had TONS of material the band had to sort through before narrowing it down to the 10 tracks we got on the album. The concerning part for me is that they chose songs like My Baby Does Me and Rain Must Fall over that material...so how much better can some of it really be? haha
Good point. Especially those 2 are one of the worst Queen songs ever. The Miracle has some great stuff some average stuff and utter Garbage
they are highlights to me.

"some day one day" and "stormtroopers in stilettoes" are bad songs I could easily do without. MBDM and RMF on the other hand are just pure joy and bliss

Kes

Post by Kes »

Sounds like you just have a problem with Brian singing his own songs....

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:11 pm
Sounds like you just have a problem with Brian singing his own songs....
lol

Kes

Post by Kes »

I'll agree that I think that with She Makes Me, it amazes me it was written by a guitarist i think there's only about four chords in it, and two of those are only in the bridge.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:47 pm
I'll agree that I think that with She Makes Me, it amazes me it was written by a guitarist i think there's only about four chords in it, and two of those are only in the bridge.

You know what? I thought The Show must go on was written by Freddie, not Brian. And I thought all songs are written by Freddie even those which was sung by Brian and Roger.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The first song they did, that comes to mind, that they wrote arse about face, was Bijou. Freddie apparently came up with melody for Brian to play, and Brian came up with the middle section featuring the words. AFAIK.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:47 pm
One of my favorites from Brian. The vast majority of it is swings back and forth between D (I) and A (V), but I think there's closer to eight chords. But still, you're right. It's awfully simple for someone like Brian. I guess that's one of the reasons it stands out so much. That and it has a beautiful melody with curious lyrics. I still listen to it and come up with all sorts of different pictures in my head (*cough* Star Wars when I was younger and didn't know better...Lol)

I seriously don't think this song gets enough love. It's got an atmosphere that's all its own. Love it!

Kes

Post by Kes »

Recorded three years before Star Wars came out.

About the only Stormtroopers that preceded 1974, were the ones with jackboots, and Iron Crosses.

He must have had a f*cking weird picture going on his head, at the time.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I think it works semi-well as a romance between two stormtroopers just before the Death Star is blown to smithereens. Think of it as a sci-fi take on Titanic.

Kes

Post by Kes »

And it's topical with Queen, playing around with timelines 🤣