The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: The Game 40th anniversary box set.

Post by Kes »

Maybe, maybe not.

Only time will tell.

There's a whole machine geared to making press releases, and that's for a reason. At the moment, that machine isn't saying much, is it?

The guy with his binoculars and a radio set during WWII, reporting the ships leaving port, and telling the submarines. Was he doing a good thing? In that instance, no.

Thing is, if the band wanted you to know stuff at this point, they'd be getting people to tell you, and that's a fact.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 am
But they hadn't promised to release ANYTHING.

It's only some guy going to his local record shop, and posting it up here, that's given people the idea that it MIGHT be something bigger.

The only things anyone's officially announced might be coming out this year, is Jim Beach announcing the Miracle boxset, at the Freddie Birthday Party in Montreux, and Roger saying there might be a QAL live thing coming out.

To some people, like myself, a picture disc release IS a big thing. To most, it isn't, hence the lack of publicity.

One fan asked Greg Brooks concerning QAL live album and Brooks replied "Sooner than you might think"

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Kes wrote:

It's only some guy going to his local record shop, and posting it up here, that's given people the idea that it MIGHT be something bigger.

The only things anyone's officially announced might be coming out this year, is Jim Beach announcing the Miracle boxset, at the Freddie Birthday Party in Montreux, and Roger saying there might be a QAL live thing coming out.

To some people, like myself, a picture disc release IS a big thing. To most, it isn't, hence the lack of publicity.

One fan asked Greg Brooks concerning QAL live album and Brooks replied "Sooner than you might think"
I like the idea of the picture disc, but I already have two (different) copies of „The Game“ on vinyl. I decided, that should be enough...

Brooks reply sounds as if that QAL live album is really coming! Yes, finally! :D

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Kes wrote:

I like the idea of the picture disc, but I already have two (different) copies of „The Game“ on vinyl. I decided, that should be enough...

Brooks reply sounds as if that QAL live album is really coming! Yes, finally! :D

lol
QAL live album just like a nightmare

Old Man

Post by Old Man »

After the enormous success of the Australian Fire Fight concert a "QAL"-live album is the next logical thing to do. And I think it's something, that the new generation of fans would really love to have. The "old generation" was also happy, when "Live Killers" was released. So for me it's fine. I like the idea, that young people love that music so much.
I don't expect anything from a "Game"-Box or a "Miracle"-Box. "Made in Heaven" is proof enough, that there can't be many hidden treasures, otherwise they had not reworked so many "Mr. Bad Guy" - songs. So I do not really need all the stuff I already collected repacked into some box. Those sets are nice to unpack, but then they usually end up on the shelf gathering dust.

Interestingly Paul McCartney is currently getting a lot of critisism for a "Flaming Pie"-Box, that is soon to be released for a lot of money. The box does not really have many new things to offer and the Corona-crisis makes it clear to many fans, that at the moment such an expensive box is probably the last thing they really need.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 am
I agree. It's a rather strange idea to release T-shirts and vinyl for the 40th anniversary of the album.
The Bowie camp have been milking that idea for a while now...

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Somewhat irritating that if they aren’t going to do a proper box set for The Game, that they limited release of the picture disc to 1980 copies. They can crank out endless pairs of Queen socks but can’t give us more anniversary discs? Shaking my head....

Kes

Post by Kes »

Yeah, the socks sound absolutely dreadful on my turntable. They ARE loud though.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Old Man wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 pm
After the enormous success of the Australian Fire Fight concert a "QAL"-live album is the next logical thing to do. And I think it's something, that the new generation of fans would really love to have. The "old generation" was also happy, when "Live Killers" was released. So for me it's fine. I like the idea, that young people love that music so much.
I don't expect anything from a "Game"-Box or a "Miracle"-Box. "Made in Heaven" is proof enough, that there can't be many hidden treasures, otherwise they had not reworked so many "Mr. Bad Guy" - songs. So I do not really need all the stuff I already collected repacked into some box. Those sets are nice to unpack, but then they usually end up on the shelf gathering dust.

Interestingly Paul McCartney is currently getting a lot of critisism for a "Flaming Pie"-Box, that is soon to be released for a lot of money. The box does not really have many new things to offer and the Corona-crisis makes it clear to many fans, that at the moment such an expensive box is probably the last thing they really need.
I’ve noticed most QAL fans are older ladies. The new fans tend to be teenagers after having seen the Bohemian Rhapsody film. Most seem to be hugely into Freddie, with no opinion on Lambert.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Kes wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 pm
Yeah, the socks sound absolutely dreadful on my turntable. They ARE loud though.
:D :lol: :D :lol: