Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Release.

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Sir Didymus

Re: Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Release.

Post by Sir Didymus »

I saw mention on a blu-ray forum that this release will be multi-region, so Americans can import it if you can find somewhere that'll post it out to you!

AlexKx

Post by AlexKx »

The FILM! Not the soundtrack! Jesus. You all are so misleading.

Kes

Post by Kes »

A little bit obvious if you click on the link in the first post. Pay attention, Mr Bond

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

I had a horrible moment when I first saw this news on queenonline. For a second I thought it was going to be a new album box set. I know I shouldn't say "horrible moment", what I think I meant was "disappointment". Disappointment that if it was a new Queen album boxset my money would be staying in my pocket.

Flash Gordon isn't my favourite Queen album, I'd probably buy this release one day but not in the near future. The strange thing is I actually like the movie more than the music. That's not to say it won't grow on me once I spend some quality time with the soundtrack. It's not the best movie in the world but it's passable for me, I do enjoy it when it comes on TV. It's the kind of film I wish I'd watched as a kid.

Newearthmud

Post by Newearthmud »

Arrow video doing a US/Canada version

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/flash-g ... row-video/

Frank

Post by Frank »

Newearthmud wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:03 pm
Arrow video doing a US/Canada version

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/flash-g ... row-video/
Thank you!

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

There's a documentary on Amazon called "life after flash", which claims to follow Sam Jones' later career.

It does that to an extent, but there's a fair bit of "making of" the film, including on set interviews with many of the actors, and retrospective ones with Blessed , O'Brien, and Er... Duncan

The Queen highlight is towards the end. Not the expert testimony of esteemed musicologist Paul Oakenfold, but a couple of minutes of Howard Blake's recollections of Freddie, and then Brian playing the main theme on a grand piano, presumably at home.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Generic username wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:33 pm
There's a documentary on Amazon called "life after flash", which claims to follow Sam Jones' later career.

It does that to an extent, but there's a fair bit of "making of" the film, including on set interviews with many of the actors, and retrospective ones with Blessed , O'Brien, and Er... Duncan

The Queen highlight is towards the end. Not the expert testimony of esteemed musicologist Paul Oakenfold, but a couple of minutes of Howard Blake's recollections of Freddie, and then Brian playing the main theme on a grand piano, presumably at home.
Yeah, I watched it too. I think it was on Netflix or Amazon Prime...probably not anymore.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

It was on Amazon prime last night