Queen Cover Songs

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Buckeye Randy

Queen Cover Songs

Post by Buckeye Randy »

A place to post covers of Queen songs.

I usually prefer cover versions that aren't dead ringers of the original. I most certainly like this interpretation of Somebody To Love.

Nicki

Re: Queen Cover Songs

Post by Nicki »

I‘m always happy, when I hear a Queen cover, that isn’t too bad. And it happens every once in a while when I‘m attending concerts.

I also like the fact that there are many more young fans now. I‘ve always liked to watch „The Voice Kids“ (better than the adults, IMO). And there have been more and more Queen songs in the last 2-3 years.
Here is a compilation video of 10 good examples:
1. The Show must go on (Great performance) - from Russia
2. Bohemian Rhapsody (the boy actually looks like a young Freddie!) - Germany
3. Somebody to Love (UK)
4. Who wants to live forever (very good! From Russia)
5. Another one bites the dust ( ..or duster :D from Germany)
6. Don’t stop me now (fun, energetic version from the UK)
7. We are the Champions (Netherlands)
8. Love of my Life (great version and voice! From Indonesia)
9. I want to break free (exceptionally, completely different interpretation of the song. Good, but very different. From Albania)
10. Bohemian Rhapsody (The best battle of a trio that I‘ve ever watched on The Voice Kids Germany. Great energy, good-great voices. Fun version!)

The future of Queen is safe! :D

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Another cover that I like, by Robbie Williams. It’s a great tribute and he did it in the know, that he doesn’t really have the voice to sing it.

It almost seems like kids and sometimes women have more suited voices to sing some Queen songs. Shows the huge range that Freddie was able to sing.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:13 pm
I‘m always happy, when I hear a Queen cover, that isn’t too bad. And it happens every once in a while when I‘m attending concerts.
Butch Walker always does a couple covers at his shows. I remember him doing a great version of Tiny Dancer by Elton. Anyways, in the early days he used to do a comedic Queen medley that pretty much kicked ass. The Vanilla Ice bit part is perfect.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Buckeye Randy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:13 pm
Butch Walker always does a couple covers at his shows. I remember him doing a great version of Tiny Dancer by Elton. Anyways, in the early days he used to do a comedic Queen medley that pretty much kicked ass. The Vanilla Ice bit is perfect going into Under Pressure and the Bo Rhap opera part is pure gold.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Then there is this guy. ;)
He occasionally sings a Queen song on his tours too. Last time it was Another One bites the Dust in a medley with his own song Trespassing. The beat of both songs is similar, so it fit well.

Her is an acoustic version of „I want to break free“. And he special fun bit from his time on x-Factor in Australia 2016, when he did a surprise duet with a contestant.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Buckeye Randy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 pm
A place to post covers of Queen songs.

I usually prefer cover versions that aren't dead ringers of the original. I most certainly like this interpretation of Somebody To Love.
Buckeye Randy, there is a very good version ( in my opinion ) Thunder performing Somebody To Love late last year in the Thunder thread, posted by JLP. Of all the Queen covers they have done, that was the most surprising. I can't post the video here unfortunately.
ETA ~ Bumped the thread and the post over there for you. I wish I could have posted it here for you.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Another cool one: The Foo Fighters (with special guest Rufus Taylor).
Taylor Hawkins singing Queen wearing an ABBA shirt. Priceless! :lol:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 pm
Another cool one: The Foo Fighters (with special guest Rufus Taylor).
Taylor Hawkins singing Queen wearing an ABBA shirt. Priceless! :lol:
Haha gotta love Taylor and he's a real die hard Queen fan, awesome drummer as well.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 pm
Haha gotta love Taylor and he's a real die hard Queen fan, awesome drummer as well.
His solo album from last year was pretty strong.