Queen+Adam Lambert live Boxset
2%
Roger Taylor new solo album: Fun in Hell
6%

Total votes: 50

Mona Lisa

Re: What should come next?

Post by Mona Lisa »

Anyway, it helped that I posted here again after 5 months, because it got 3 or 4 more votes now, and yes, to me, it is very representative of what people want.
The fact that people voted again, means that people are impatient about new releases.
To hell with the ironic comments - but thanks for the explanations.

Ray

Post by Ray »

From the mentioned items here, the Brian rereleases are probably most likely to happen. At least it got mentioned already that "they're working on a plan" to release those again. "Back To The Light" will have its 30th anniversary next year...maybe we get something then.

I've been dreaming for late 70s live DVDs ever since I became a fan thanks to the "Live Killers" album...but I guess I just have to keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

A QAL boxset would have been nice, but after the lackluster release we got some months ago, I don't have any expectations here anymore.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do now...they know now much longer in advance already that they have LOTS of time until they can tour again, so I hope they don't rush things out again like last year.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

What I really want more than anything atm, perhaps even more than them opening the archives, is to have a definitive collection of the band's music videos.

It's something I've been longing for for over 20 years now, since the GVH releases were frustratingly cropped to 16:9 and abandoned without including the 1990s videos - which only got a DVD release via that Pioneer promo release, or as part of the Karaoke collection in the Far East.

• Every surviving film print rescanned, restored and presented in true HD, in their original aspect ratio.
• Every modern digital video presented in true HD, in their original aspect ratio.
• Every standard definition copy of non-surviving film prints, professionally upscaled to HD, in their original aspect ratio.
• Every standard definition video professionally upscaled to HD, in their original aspect ratio.
• New HD videos made for the singles which don't have music videos at present, or existing TV performance footage used to fill the gaps instead, again, professionally upscaled to HD, in their original aspect ratio.
• All surviving making of footage, plus relevant extra features.

This really should have happened already - The Beatles '1+' is the perfect template.

Garfield

Post by Garfield »

Sir Didymus wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 pm What I really want more than anything atm, perhaps even more than them opening the archives, is to have a definitive collection of the band's music videos.
I've been out of the loop for a bit but did they ever release what was on GVH3 VHS on to DVD?

(Hi btw)

Kes

Post by Kes »

Nope, they didn't.

Nor any of the Greatest Video Hits to blu-ray, either.

Garfield

Post by Garfield »

That's unfortunate.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Oh yeah, blimey, I forgot to add the videos on the list....
For sure it's long overdue!!!

Cmsdrums

Post by Cmsdrums »

As Queen as a recording act is completely finished, there has been no reason for many years not to release an archive anthology set. At the very least they should release a PROPER deluxe edition of each album over a defined timeframe, with demos, unreleased tracks, videos of the singles, and a 5.1 mix at the least.

Hopefully the proposed The Miracle box set will see a start to this, but I sadly think that will be a random release without an ongoing plan.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

It does feel mad, doesn't it? Deluxe editions could be forthcoming, either in chronological order, or tied to anniversaries... and yet they're just... not.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Despite my cool attitude towards the solo work of the guitarist astrophysicist, his solo work was the only one still not re-released as a box set. Freddie and Roger have box sets, but Brian is the only one left without his box set.
Despite the fact that he only has 2 solo albums and 1 soundtrack, I think he has material that can be released along with the remastered albums