Queen+Adam Lambert live Boxset
2%
Roger Taylor new solo album: Fun in Hell
6%

Total votes: 50

Kes

Re: What should come next?

Post by Kes »

Freddie only really had Mr Bad Guy and Barcelona, and a handful of singles. They made a ten CD boxet out of those.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:47 pm Freddie only really had Mr Bad Guy and Barcelona.

Yes,but that didn't stop from releasing a box set.

Kes

Post by Kes »

But there's no real contest, as regards the question.

What would you rather see next?

We've actively and vocally been hoping and praying for an extensive designated Queen Anthology for twenty plus years!

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:01 pm But there's no real contest, as regards the question.

We've actively and vocally been hoping and praying for an extensive designated Queen Anthology for twenty plus years!

Yes. But Queen Anthology is a myth. Nobody promised this anthology

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:17 pm
Kes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:01 pm But there's no real contest, as regards the question.

What's your point?

Nothing was ever promised, and even if anything was, that's still no guarantee.

Ray

Post by Ray »

How about a high quality leak of some late 70s bootleg? :lol:

If they don't release those anyways...I hate it when wonderful stuff like that actually exists but just collects dust in some archive for decades.

Kes

Post by Kes »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Just a question.

At the beginning of the thread, what were the options listed?

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned, if it gets discussed at band meetings, as I know the topic has been, it's a bit more than a myth.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Ray wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:23 pm How about a high quality leak of some late 70s bootleg? :lol:

If they don't release those anyways...I hate it when wonderful stuff like that actually exists but just collects dust in some archive for decades.
Somewhere I have a disc with a show from Paris in 1979. There is another show on there too.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

I’m curious, what do you all think would be the sales on an anthology or even some sort of box set? There are a lot of hard core fans that would want it I guess, but would it really make them enough money to warrant the costs of putting it together and releasing it? Will the masses empty their pockets as they apparently will for the Q + AL stuff?

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:39 pm I’m curious, what do you all think would be the sales on an anthology or even some sort of box set? There are a lot of hard core fans that would want it I guess, but would it really make them enough money to warrant the costs of putting it together and releasing it? Will the masses empty their pockets as they apparently will for the Q + AL stuff?
I doubt the sales would be that big but it depends how they put it out. I would happily pay for a comprehensive set of unheard stuff but I doubt the casual fans would.