Total votes: 50

action

Re: What should come next?

Post by action »

Sir Didymus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am
Cmsdrums wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:30 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Yes. But Queen Anthology is a myth. Nobody promised this anthology
Not “promised” as such, but there have been several comments, press releases, interviews, and fan club articles over the years that have said they are working on an anthology/archive set and that it was very much planned to be released. So, whilst not “promised”, it was certainly intimated, and expectations were set.
"Intriguingly, two tracks from this album began life during sessions for Queen albums, but were ultimately left off and later reworked by Freddie on his own. There Must Be More To Life Than This dates back to 1981 Hot Space sessions, while Man Made Paradise - a significantly different version to this - first emerged in 1983, during the making of The Works. More To Life was scheduled to close the album until Brian and Freddie wrote Is This The World We Created. Those versions have not been forgotten here: they will instead feature on the forthcoming Queen anthology collection."

That was over 20 years ago in The Solo Collection liner notes. I'd call that a promise, tbh.
a promise like "Queen roadworks" or the miracle boxset

Queen are full of shit sometimes

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

action wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am
Cmsdrums wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Not “promised” as such, but there have been several comments, press releases, interviews, and fan club articles over the years that have said they are working on an anthology/archive set and that it was very much planned to be released. So, whilst not “promised”, it was certainly intimated, and expectations were set.
"Intriguingly, two tracks from this album began life during sessions for Queen albums, but were ultimately left off and later reworked by Freddie on his own. There Must Be More To Life Than This dates back to 1981 Hot Space sessions, while Man Made Paradise - a significantly different version to this - first emerged in 1983, during the making of The Works. More To Life was scheduled to close the album until Brian and Freddie wrote Is This The World We Created. Those versions have not been forgotten here: they will instead feature on the forthcoming Queen anthology collection."

That was over 20 years ago in The Solo Collection liner notes. I'd call that a promise, tbh.
a promise like "Queen roadworks" or the miracle boxset

Queen are full of shit sometimes

True

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I voted a Brian solo set and a Queen live box, mostly because I think there's half a chance we might get them, whereas I don't think we're at the point of a proper Queen anthology coming out yet.

Furia

Post by Furia »

Yes I voted a Brian solo set and also a Queen live box :D