Rudi's Book

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Generic username

Re: Rudi's Book

Post by Generic username »

A couple of thoughts.

1. He claims to have already written a lot of this, if not the entire thing.
2. This crowdfunding effort is clearly in lieu of a publishers advance.
3. Which means that either he's been rejected by every publisher he's approached ( with a finished manuscript about Freddie Mercury), or the publishers financial offers were lower than his perceived valuation, to the extent that he's wiling to go to the hassle of publicising the funding campaign and get the book printed and distributed.
4. Self-published books often lack proof readers, fact checkers and editors...and even the best authors use all of those.

None of which says that the book will not be fantastic, and bargain-priced, of course.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

Generic username wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:44 pm A couple of thoughts.

3. Which means that either he's been rejected by every publisher he's approached ( with a finished manuscript about Freddie Mercury), or the publishers financial offers were lower than his perceived valuation, to the extent that he's wiling to go to the hassle of publicising the funding campaign and get the book printed and distributed.
4. Self-published books often lack proof readers, fact checkers and editors...and even the best authors use all of those.

None of which says that the book will not be fantastic, and bargain-priced, of course.
Yeah, all valid points there, man. I just hope he does the man justice and is respectful.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Yeah, all valid points there, man. I just hope he does the man justice and is respectful.
My thoughts exactly when anticipating anything Freddie-related.

I'd like to read the book but I think I'll wait until it's published and I've heard what others say.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

MyFaerieQueene wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:31 pm
MusicalProstitute wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:14 pm

My thoughts exactly when anticipating anything Freddie-related.

I'd like to read the book but I think I'll wait until it's published and I've heard what others say.
Agreed. I learnt that after I bought Lesley Anne Jone's book on Freddie some years back. Avoid - if you have not already. I adored Somebody To Love though - well worth checking out if you have never read it.