The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

I'm sure you aren't the only one waiting, however, most will be waiting to see quite what bang you're going to get for your buck.

So, what most are waiting for, is the content, and the price point.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:31 pm Am I the only one waiting for this box set? Am I the only one who is ready to be disappointed and happy at the same time?
It's Queen - so it is a given we will not get all we want (teasing sods!), but as long as we get something substantial then I'll be happy.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:31 pm Am I the only one waiting for this box set? Am I the only one who is ready to be disappointed and happy at the same time?
Yes you are the only one. It was manufactured for you only ;)

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:28 pm
Yes you are the only one. It was manufactured for you only ;)
lol

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

I'm wondering if the Miracle album will get remastered.I understand perfectly well that 9 years have passed since the last remastering, and yet.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pm I'm wondering if the Miracle album will get remastered.I understand perfectly well that 9 years have passed since the last remastering, and yet.
AS QP are lazy as f*** they wont ;)

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pm I'm wondering if the Miracle album will get remastered.I understand perfectly well that 9 years have passed since the last remastering, and yet.
AS QP are lazy as f*** they wont ;)

Impressive

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

If I'm correct, they didn't remaster the News of the world album neither when they did the boxset, so I don't expect that they do differently for The Miracle.
But I do wonder what will be in 5 CDs....
Can we make bets? I bet there will be
Instrumentals
(Old) Remixes
Demos
Alternate versions (à la 'Invisible man' middle-section)
Raw sessions.

I bet that on the Dvd there will be a lot of content regarding the videos. (Analysis, outtakes, new interviews... Including possibly new interviews with the 'mini-Queen' children, today)

I bet that there will be maximum content and minimum surprises - I hope to be wrong.

My desperate hope: unheard tracks or jam sessions.
Very different alternate versions.

My realistic guess: small surprises, good enough for me.

As a note: the new remaster was a huge improvement.

A bonus wish: a story of the genesis of some songs would be top. For example, a story, with examples, of the different tracks that went into making the songs "The miracle", "Breakthru", "I want it all".
As we know that at that point they were very united and full of inspiration, knowing about Freddie's illness, I hope for some surprises.

Roger did his first album with The Cross around that time... and Brian probably had solo songs for future projects as well. I wouldn't be surprised if something from there was also attempted as Queen songs (other than what we know of).

Only bets and wishes... I guess I'll have to be patient...

When was the press release for the News of the world box set?

The Invisible Fan

Post by The Invisible Fan »

I found out they announced it the 4th of September, and due for release on the 17th of November. So approx. 2 months ahead. Which means it's possible they will announce it the coming fortnight. But don't forget:
1. It's QPL
2. They've just announced the QAL 'Live Around The World'
3. Covid might have changed their minds, meaning their releases this year might only be the QAL live album. I don't think, and surely don't hope so!

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pmI'm wondering if the Miracle album will get remastered.I understand perfectly well that 9 years have passed since the last remastering, and yet.
Does it need remastering? I thought they did a pretty excellent job with the 2011 reissues.