TheMiracleMan

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Any news? Any news is news

action

Post by action »

probably canceled by this point

was already sceptic this would release, in the first place.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Thats also what I thought, very disappointing AGAIN.

I thought we were very close to a release,

I can t believe that a product which is almost ready will be deleted.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Maybe october 3th we know more about future releases during online queen convention

Kes

Post by Kes »

"Cancelled", and "deleted" probably aren't the correct words, unless you're the seriously depressive sort.

My view, is that I'm sure the pencilled in date of around now, WAS the intention. Unfortunately (for some), one of the by-broducts of this pandemic, might have included Brian and Roger getting a bit bored. Out of that, came You Are The Champions, and the relative success of that, might have led to the live album thing happening tomorrow.

Like it, or lump it, it looks like it IS going to be very successful, especially and even more so, if the band and the record company (and yes, fans!) get behind it.

Bearing that in mind, from a commercial point of view, they can't really be putting out stuff that clouds, or actually works against the potential success of this project, which I think having another "new" rivalling product, might.

If the boxset doesn't arrive this year, then "postponed" is probably a better word. From what I've heard, it literally is "ready to go", so, it's just waiting for the right time.

Patience, Queen fans, patience.

WJ1977

Post by WJ1977 »

Thanks Kes for your explanation. I guess these are the right words.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

action wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pmprobably canceled by this point
Assumption much.

action

Post by action »

a red flag for me, was that it was jim beach announcing it at a meeting.

strange way of anouncing stuff, and so out of the blue

normally, stuff of this magnitude would be hinted at or announced by brian or roger. But I'm not sure they ever even mentioned this boxset.

Kes

Post by Kes »

You've only got half a story there, action.

Had you been at Montreux when Jim Beach said about it, you might have got the context it was said in.

A tribute band, Bulsara and his Queenies, had just performed (or were about to, I can't remember which) The Miracle, cover to cover. He said "We intend to release a boxset of this/that album, next year!"

Brian and Roger weren't going to announce it, as they probably wouldn't go within half a mile of that room with THAT many manic Queen fans there.

Jim Beach isn't particularly what you'd call a maverick. Being the controlling interest of one quarter of the band, and it's set up, he has to be singing from the same hymnsheet, as Brian and Roger. Also, Brian and Roger's involvement in any archive boxset, would be minimal, apart from being involved in the original recording, and subsequently either giving a green or red light at various stages of the idea of a boxset coming to fruition. Had Brian or Roger not been up for the idea, it would have died at birth, rather than being "ready to go".

action

Post by action »

Kes wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:08 am You've only got half a story there, action.

Had you been at Montreux when Jim Beach said about it, you might have got the context it was said in.

A tribute band, Bulsara and his Queenies, had just performed (or were about to, I can't remember which) The Miracle, cover to cover. He said "We intend to release a boxset of this/that album, next year!"

Brian and Roger weren't going to announce it, as they probably wouldn't go within half a mile of that room with THAT many manic Queen fans there.

Jim Beach isn't particularly what you'd call a maverick. Being the controlling interest of one quarter of the band, and it's set up, he has to be singing from the same hymnsheet, as Brian and Roger.
I think jim got a bit excited and carried away by the moment, honestly.

It's all good and well to indend something, but I'm not sure that was really set in stone by that point, seeing how especially roger has been documented as being reluctant to "scrape the barrel".

I still maintain that it was a bit of a bizarre situation. And nothing official has been said about the thing since then. Not even brian and roger going "miami shouldn't have told you yet but yes, it is coming"