The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes
Moderator
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

Hadn't thought about the stores thing, they've only really done coloured vinyls. The Works on clear vinyl, GH1 on red, and GHII on blue, Jazz on pink.

We'll see.

Kes
Moderator
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

Sir Didymus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Saying that, IIRC the NOTW and Jazz ones were exclusive to the QOL store and went for a pretty penny afterwards - for some reason they're stupendously collectable. Maybe this is something new given it's apparently going to stores?
They are never going to have the same quality as a "proper" vinyl pressing. Because the groove is pressed into a laminated picture, the material that contains the signal needs to be a compromise, between being a totally transparent polyvinyl laminate, and hard wearing enough not to get destroyed by a diamond tipped thing scraping along it.

User avatar
WeeMann
Moderator
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:40 am

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by WeeMann »

Sir Didymus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm
I think Kes might have hit the nail on the head - it's probably a 40th anniversary picture disc. I wasn't aware they'd done one for Jazz, but looking at it on Discogs it's clearly a '40th anniversary' release, so it'd make sense that The Game follows suit.

Actually, if they don't mind mixing up anniversaries, they've got a tidy little money maker lined up there for a bit...

2017 - News of the World 40th
2018 - Jazz 40th
2020 - The Game 40th
2021 - Innuendo 30th
2022 - Hot Space 40th
2023 - Queen 50th, Queen II 50th (I know. Technically 2024, but makes sense to do it a bit early, because...
2024 - Sheer Heart Attack 50th, The Works 40th
2025 - A Night at the Opera 50th, Made in Heaven 30th
2026 - A Day at the Races 50th, A Kind of Magic 40th
2029 - The Miracle 40th
2030 - Flash Gordon 50th

Saying that, IIRC the NOTW and Jazz ones were exclusive to the QOL store and went for a pretty penny afterwards - for some reason they're stupendously collectable. Maybe this is something new given it's apparently going to stores?
Jazz was exclusive through HMV - they've released them in the run up to Father's Day for the last few years - Jazz in 2018, The Works clear and GH red in 2019 and GHII was slated for this year, but will now be late August.

Kes
Moderator
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

And the Movie s/track pic disc, Bo Rhap 7" coloured vinyl, Bo Rhap 12", WWRY/WATC 12", Stormtroopers release of KYA retake, Holy Man 7" and Brian's New Horizons 12" were RSD releases through independent record shops.

Other things through the QOL store

I think they spread it about, as the situation and quantity of pressings dictates.

TheMiracleMan
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Brooks on his Facebook page asks fans to help him find materials related to the Miracle album. Different newspaper clippings in any language dedicated to this album

User avatar
runner70
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Brooks on his Facebook page asks fans to help him find materials related to the Miracle album. Different newspaper clippings in any language dedicated to this album
Which means the release is LONG LONG away! First half of 2021 I assume

TheMiracleMan
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Brooks on his Facebook page asks fans to help him find materials related to the Miracle album. Different newspaper clippings in any language dedicated to this album
Which means the release is LONG LONG away! First half of 2021 I assume

Not necessary. It’s not such a long job to scan various articles and add in the set

User avatar
runner70
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 pm
runner70 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Brooks on his Facebook page asks fans to help him find materials related to the Miracle album. Different newspaper clippings in any language dedicated to this album
Which means the release is LONG LONG away! First half of 2021 I assume

Not necessary. It’s not such a long job to scan various articles and add in the set
I disagree - If it was due for release in autumn 2020 it would be more than ready by now. Hope I am wrong of course

Kes
Moderator
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

You hope you are wrong... about it being ready now?

User avatar
runner70
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by runner70 »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:33 pm
You hope you are wrong... about it being ready now?
You still dont get anything I'm saying - I hope I am wrong about it being delayed :evil:
Last edited by runner70 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply