The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
Kes

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by Kes »

runner70 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:30 pm

I disagree - If it was due for release in autumn 2020 it would be more than ready by now. Hope I am wrong of course
What's there to misunderstand about that?

Unless the "Hope I am wrong, of course" refers to a totally different post.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm
runner70 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:30 pm

I disagree - If it was due for release in autumn 2020 it would be more than ready by now. Hope I am wrong of course
What's there to misunderstand about that?

Unless the "Hope I am wrong, of course" refers to a totally different post.
Don't act dumber that you are. And don't waste my time. TY

Kes

Post by Kes »

In these times, lots of people have lots of time to waste.

While we're waiting for this boxset, especially.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:08 pm
It's a bit hard to act any other way when people write the opposite of what they actually mean.

I'm not a f*cking psychic.

Yes, I took you literally, but then literally, in this case, is being used in it's correct context.
I'll remind you when you write in german smartass

Kes

Post by Kes »

Ich weiß es nicht.

Wenn die Notwendigkeit besteht, alles auf Deutsch zu schreiben, werde ich es versuchen. Wenn das passiert..

Die Beherrschung der englischen Sprache durch die meisten Deutschen ist gut genug, um die Engländer nicht zu verwirren, aber in diesem Fall kam Ihr Standpunkt nicht sehr gut rüber.

das tut mir leid

In English

I dont know.

If there is a need to write everything in German, I will try. When that happens..

Most Germans' command of the English language is good enough not to confuse the English, but in this case your point of view didn't come across very well.

I'm sorry

Woran sollten Sie mich wieder erinnern?

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

adatr wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:20 pm
I asked him to check with the Universal Rep if he had more details and I will be back in the shop this weekend as all he has was those entries as line items on a spreadsheet from Universal.
Thanks for the info, hopefully you can dig up some more!

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

WeeMann wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:56 pm
Sir Didymus wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm
I think Kes might have hit the nail on the head - it's probably a 40th anniversary picture disc. I wasn't aware they'd done one for Jazz, but looking at it on Discogs it's clearly a '40th anniversary' release, so it'd make sense that The Game follows suit.

Actually, if they don't mind mixing up anniversaries, they've got a tidy little money maker lined up there for a bit...

2017 - News of the World 40th
2018 - Jazz 40th
2020 - The Game 40th
2021 - Innuendo 30th
2022 - Hot Space 40th
2023 - Queen 50th, Queen II 50th (I know. Technically 2024, but makes sense to do it a bit early, because...
2024 - Sheer Heart Attack 50th, The Works 40th
2025 - A Night at the Opera 50th, Made in Heaven 30th
2026 - A Day at the Races 50th, A Kind of Magic 40th
2029 - The Miracle 40th
2030 - Flash Gordon 50th

Saying that, IIRC the NOTW and Jazz ones were exclusive to the QOL store and went for a pretty penny afterwards - for some reason they're stupendously collectable. Maybe this is something new given it's apparently going to stores?
Jazz was exclusive through HMV - they've released them in the run up to Father's Day for the last few years - Jazz in 2018, The Works clear and GH red in 2019 and GHII was slated for this year, but will now be late August.
Sorry, to clarify - the Jazz picture disc was exclusive to the QOL store and sold out in 3 days.

The Jazz release in HMV was the pink vinyl release. Maybe that's what The Game is - just another coloured vinyl issue. But I could see another picture disc following the last two given how quickly they both sold out.

Kes

Post by Kes »

He was on about the pink vinyl, I think.

Quite why they thought it was a good idea to do a single album issue, identical to the one in the studio collection, God knows.

I'd have deliberately put it out on another colour, like they did with The Works (Red/maroon in the studio collection, clear on the HMV exclusive). Maybe white, purely on the grounds that there's three colour themes used on the album, black, pink and white, and they'd used two of them previously.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm
He was on about the pink vinyl, I think.

Quite why they thought it was a good idea to do a single album issue, identical to the one in the studio collection, God knows.

I'd have deliberately put it out on another colour, like they did with The Works (Red/maroon in the studio collection, clear on the HMV exclusive). Maybe white, purely on the grounds that there's three colour themes used on the album, black, pink and white, and they'd used two of them previously.
You two are baffling me something chronic. :D

I was on about the picture discs. WeeMann quoted me saying the Jazz picture disc was exclusive to QOL to 'correct' me, thinking I was talking about the pink vinyl HMV version, which I wasn't, hence my clarification.

Two different things going on here... the 40th anniversary picture discs that started with NOTW and continued with Jazz, and the irregular HMV exclusives that include The Works and Jazz. I suspect that the latter is what's coming in July... but there's a possibility the former is on the way, too, and will perhaps be worth more given the current going rate for the previous picture discs.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I get you completely.

Can't beat a beat of ambiguity though. Keeps the faithful on their toes.

All will be apparent soon, I think.

Oh, I think your logic works very well. If it's going to stores then under 2000 (the picture discs seem to be consistently small limited editions) of them, then they won't go very far.

Equally, the irratic coloured vinyls in HMV seem geared to periods when their shops are in the pooh, a bit. Probably like everyone else, never more so than now.

Whichever it is, and wherever they are being sold, they'll go like the proverbial shit off a shovel.

I think UMG have got the same problems going on, that everyone else in the world have going on, and they've got a zillion other artists on their schedules, to try and get stuff out for.