The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
adatr

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by adatr »

What was the purpose of the tease tapes ?

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

It was part of a promotional box set - https://www.queenpedia.com/index.php?title=Box_Sets

It's quite a nice little set. They did the same with Innuendo and GHII.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, there wasnt any internet. These days, we have online "influencers" who get free trials, and then they go online and tell everybody how good the thing is.

Back then, people who worked in record shops, and radio ststions, well, they were the "influencers" of their day. So they'd be given free "samples" of things, to help start the ball rolling.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Young Music Fan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm So, suppose we will get 5 CDs. I do not know nothing about the miracle teaser tape. What is it?
1. The Miracle studio album ( will remastering or not I do not care ).
2. The Miracle Raw sessions as NOTW Raw sessions if this exists.
3.Queen On Hour. 1989 ( As I remembered Runner 70 wants it)
4. The Miracle standard bonus disc as it was on 2011 remaster
5.Another Miracle( demoes, etc)
I pretty much agree with you except I reckon disc four will probably be all the single/extended versions and non-album songs.

Well yeah. What about disc four:I just assumed but I will be very glad if there will be extended versions of the song.
Also, despite the information adatr (I do not question his information),I think the box set will consist of 4 CDs and 1 DVD,but it may happen that the deluxe edition may contain 5 CDs and 1 bluray.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

We can only wait for the press release.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pmIf they're not, then I don't know how they're going to fill up SIX discs. I think they're pretty much gauranteed.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought the NotW set was guaranteed to contain a live show from the period!

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 am
Kes wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pmIf they're not, then I don't know how they're going to fill up SIX discs. I think they're pretty much gauranteed.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought the NotW set was guaranteed to contain a live show from the period!

Agreed.
But this did not happen. And now I think they are obliged to rehabilitate, of course if they are familiar with such words as "obliged" and "rehabilitated."
2014 was probably the last year when they were great with release Live At the Rainbow.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The thing is, it doesn't matter how many discs there are. It's whatever content is in there, that you want to see, and/or haven't already got.

Until there's an official press release, and breakdown, you can speculate all you want. Get excited, or not. We just don't know, do we?

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 am The thing is, it doesn't matter how many discs there are. It's whatever content is in there, that you want to see, and/or haven't already got.

Until there's an official press release, and breakdown, you can speculate all you want. Get excited, or not. We just don't know, do we?

Agreed.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

If the promo videos for the album make it in, I hope they're on a blu-ray and restored from the original camera negatives (for the film pieces) or master tapes (for the video clips).

In theory, the more of those they can get 'tidied up' in releases like this, the easier it'd be to potentially put out a dedicated music video collection down the line...