The Miracle Box set

Friendly, general discussion about Queen
TheMiracleMan

Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by TheMiracleMan »

I wonder why all huge release in autumn not summer or spring.
I don't tell about this year because it's impossible.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Probably the Christmas market.

People are more prepared to spend on expensive things if they are presents.

In the early days, that's why their albums around ANATO/ADATR were scheduled for October/November releases.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Kes wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:19 pm
Probably the Christmas market.

People are more prepared to spend on expensive things if they are presents.

In the early days, that's why their albums around ANATO/ADATR were scheduled for October/November releases.

Thank you for reply

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

In one of the fan club magazines from 1987/88 not long after the release of the Magic Years video boxset, DoRo said that they were planning to make a documentary of Queen making The Miracle album and at that point it sounds like they might have filmed them in the studio prior to that statement.

When Queen released the News Of The World boxset, the DVD/Blu-ray didn't include any of the promo videos and as the rumoured basic details of The Miracle boxset include a DVD/Blu-ray so can we presume that the visual content won't be or just be promo videos. As we know there's behind the scenes footage of the making of The Miracle videos by DoRo so I believe there are reasons to be optimistic.

action

Post by action »

Young Music Fan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 am
In one of the fan club magazines from 1987/88 not long after the release of the Magic Years video boxset, DoRo said that they were planning to make a documentary of Queen making The Miracle album and at that point it sounds like they might have filmed them in the studio prior to that statement.

When Queen released the News Of The World boxset, the DVD/Blu-ray didn't include any of the promo videos and as the rumoured basic details of The Miracle boxset include a DVD/Blu-ray so can we presume that the visual content won't be or just be promo videos. As we know there's behind the scenes footage of the making of The Miracle videos by DoRo so I believe there are reasons to be optimistic.
probably the backstage I want it all / scandall / breakthru footage that we've all seen already

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Young Music Fan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 am

A large part of the reason for a lack of an updated video collection from the band is, apparently, due to a falling out between them and DoRo, so I wouldn't get too optimistic.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Apparently...

....in late 2002 the economical downturn in the music business in general and the music video business in particular resulted in the closure of most of DoRo's companies, including the company base in Vienna.

In 2003, the Munich subsidiary, DoRo Media AG, bought back from the creditors, formed the basis for a restart of DoRo, in which Queen manager Jim Beach played a notable role. In the meantime, DoRo have reopened a branch office in Vienna.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Kes wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:48 pm
Apparently...

....in late 2002 the economical downturn in the music business in general and the music video business in particular resulted in the closure of most of DoRo's companies, including the company base in Vienna.

In 2003, the Munich subsidiary, DoRo Media AG, bought back from the creditors, formed the basis for a restart of DoRo, in which Queen manager Jim Beach played a notable role. In the meantime, DoRo have reopened a branch office in Vienna.
...so either there's been subsequent falling out, or there's a different reason for not having a video package on catalogue.

Because 17 years is a while even for QPL...

Kes

Post by Kes »

There must be intense pressure from UMG for Queen to release a GH video package. After all, the first think UMG released as regards downloads after they got the contract was the three GH albums

So, as you say, there must be a pretty good reason somewhere for why they haven't.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

I doubt that there is still a market for CLip-DVD-Collections.- THis ship has sailed due to HD videos available anywhere on yt and elsewhere.