Re: The Miracle Box set

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 am
runner70 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:39 am
MyFaerieQueene wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:42 pm
I'm quite looking forward to a Miracle box set although there's very little chance of me buying it unless it's something remarkable. Box sets are a considered purchase but if any Queen album could tempt me to part with that much cash it would be The Miracle. I hope there's a book included or at least some kind of DVD material.

I know The Miracle isn't considered Queen's best album but I love it for its supposed faults. It's light and enjoyable and has some of my favourite songs on it. I think it's the only album not to include solo lead vocals from Brian and Roger which is its only fault in my eyes.
What? Where on "Innuendo", "Hot Space" and "The Works" are solo lead vocals by Brian and ROger? YOu mean full songs? "INvisible Man" includes solo lead vocals by Roger.....

Be patient , runner_70. Brian's solo works are of least interest to me. I don’t remember where, but I read that Brian considers his solo work a big mistake.
Hmmm? I was talking about solo vocals from Brian and ROger as the OP mentioned not about solo material

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:10 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
runner70 wrote:

What? Where on "Innuendo", "Hot Space" and "The Works" are solo lead vocals by Brian and ROger? YOu mean full songs? "INvisible Man" includes solo lead vocals by Roger.....

Be patient , runner_70. Brian's solo works are of least interest to me. I don’t remember where, but I read that Brian considers his solo work a big mistake.
Hmmm? I was talking about solo vocals from Brian and ROger as the OP mentioned not about solo material

sorry for misunderstanding

runner70

Post by runner70 »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 pm
runner70 wrote:
TheMiracleMan wrote:

Np :)

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

runner70 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:10 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 pm
runner70 wrote:

Np :)

How dare you tell me NO?

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 am
Icy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:15 am
TheMiracleMan wrote:

Oh my...that actually hurts my heart. :?
He's had some great so.on music through the years. I'm sad he considers it a big mistake. Do you remember if he explained why?

I think this is one of the phrases something like "Freddie would be proud".
I'm not understanding. You said that Brian considers his solo work and big mistake and Freddie would be proud?

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Icy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:30 pm
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 am
Icy wrote:

He's had some great so.on music through the years. I'm sad he considers it a big mistake. Do you remember if he explained why?

I think this is one of the phrases something like "Freddie would be proud".
I'm not understanding. You said that Brian considers his solo work and big mistake and Freddie would be proud?
I think he means that he talks garbage ;)

sbrown

Post by sbrown »

jason4queen wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:48 pm
While I am excited at the prospect of this Miracle boxset. What has Adam Lambert got to do with 'The Miracle' album? We don't all accept AL as a part of Queen. If people want to hear him sing then they can purchase concert tickets or ask Queen to release a Live Album. Please do NOT include AL on official (John Deacon, Brian May, Freddie Mercury and Roger Taylor) Queen products.

My apologies but I do not accept AL as a part of 'Queen'.
So while I kinda agree with the sentiment, I'd be rather disappointed if there wasn't *some* live representation on this set. And obviously that means no Freddie. And it's not like there's much to draw from.

The version of Too Much Love from the Tribute Concert is the only song from the whole album that I can think of that was performed by an original member of Queen at a Queen concert.

The version of I Want It All with Daltrey would be great, but as soon as you do that why would you not have a Paul Rodgers version, or an Adam Lambert version. And the Katie Melua version of Too Much Love. Because once that's done, I'm pretty sure that's about it.
Having said that, there's probably an argument to say that since there is so little, just have nothing live.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

sbrown wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 am

So while I kinda agree with the sentiment, I'd be rather disappointed if there wasn't *some* live representation on this set. And obviously that means no Freddie. And it's not like there's much to draw from.
You'd be disappointed if there was less Freddie material to make room for some non-Freddie, just for the sake of being able to tick an imaginary "includes live material" box?

Most album box sets are starting to standardise to the following layout, in my view

Disc 1 - the album
Disc 2 - B sides, single versions
Disc 3 - Demos, work in progress, outtakes
Disc 4/5 - a concert from the following tour

In this case, the last item is just impossible, of course, but I'd rather do without those discs (and the cost) rather than be forced to pay again for Daltrey doing IWIA.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

runner70 wrote:
MyFaerieQueene wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:42 pm
I'm quite looking forward to a Miracle box set although there's very little chance of me buying it unless it's something remarkable. Box sets are a considered purchase but if any Queen album could tempt me to part with that much cash it would be The Miracle. I hope there's a book included or at least some kind of DVD material.

I know The Miracle isn't considered Queen's best album but I love it for its supposed faults. It's light and enjoyable and has some of my favourite songs on it. I think it's the only album not to include solo lead vocals from Brian and Roger which is its only fault in my eyes.
I meant full songs alone to themselves on a Queen album, not just accompanying Freddie, but now I realise that I didn't think hard enough about Hot Space or Innuendo. For some reason I generally forget about those two albums but not because they are forgettable. Perhaps it was The Works I was thinking of originally, I knew where was at least one album where there was no substantial vocal input from Brian and Roger.
TheMiracleMan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:58 am
I don’t understand why the fans think that the Miracle album is not their best album. Not The Best Album for me is Flash Gordon Soundtrack
I probably agree. I find it difficult to get enthusiastic about the Flash Gordon Soundtrack. But then it was probably never intended to be fantastic anyway. Rather than think of it as a Queen album I like to treat it as an anomaly.
Icy wrote:
TheMiracleMan wrote:
runner70 wrote:

It is sad if Brian thinks his solo work was a mistake. While Brian might not have made the most exciting solo records he has a lovely voice and his music is very heartfelt. Perhaps he felt too exposed as a solo artist? Anyway, his version of 'Too Much Love Will Kill You' was a defining moment of my childhood.

Wild Wind

Post by Wild Wind »

Do we have any news? I hope they release the box and include Face it alone completed along with a new life is born and I guess we're falling down . All songs have potential especially the first. I can understand why the could released it in 1989 or in 1995 back if a producer do what Richard did on YDFM maybe it could be a beautiful song.